DERBY COUNTY vs LIVERPOOL: 26/12/07 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:00 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sorry i know this is a liverpool thread but chavs are gettin batterd 2-0 lol

Chelsea will not lose this , now that they have gotten a goal back , expect them to attack and against 10 men , they will either draw it or win it 3-2 , i think we can see what a quality player gabby abonghlor is , would really love to see him at liverpool , he can operate either as a winger or a striker . sorry for posting this in a liverpool match thread
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:00 pm

ive got villa in a bet to win today
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:01 pm

lakes10 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Sorry i know this is a liverpool thread but chavs are gettin batterd 2-0 lol

lol , i have it live on the net, they are looking :censored:, shame its not the 90th min.

Made the most of the pen though should get an award for that

mad me sick, Knight only just got him.

last man mate , back to match discussion boys
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:02 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Well I'm going to the match today, so I'll tell you all what it's like at Pride Park. (Although I'm sure Leon, Murphy, etc, will all be there, too.)

Obviously I'd like to see us batter them, but a flukey 1-0 will do for me.
I expect many changes from Rafa, with this being the possible line-up:

Reina

Arbeloa            Carragher      Hobbs             Aurelio

Benayoun                 Alonso           Lucas                Riise

Voronin                 Kuyt.

I think you almost spot on there.

Shame, i hope we have some top subs.

Lando the new Rafa :laugh:

my team's kinda similar too , and keeping in mind that we have city this weekend , rafa will want to avoid injuries and suspenisons , so he will rest his best players , but i really hope he does not do that , would really want torres to start to bolster his goal tally
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:04 pm

NANNY RED wrote:ive got villa in a bet to win today

hate to say it nanny , i think u might lose that bet , nopt when villa are down to 10 men with chelsea already getting the goal back
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:04 pm

Noway was that a pen cheating horrible b@stards.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:04 pm

I predict a goal from Alonso today.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:Noway was that a pen cheating horrible b@stards.

Who dived for them? Was it Mikel again?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Ballack.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:

ballack , it was a pen , ciggy
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:07 pm

Chelsea and manura always seem to get breaks don't they....

Villa still leading 1-2....but they are down to 10 men. Zat Knight sent off.... :angry:

Comeon Villa....hold on....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 pm

AFAEL BENITEZ is pondering bringing Daniel Agger back for his first game in three months at Derby County today.

The Danish defender has made slow progress in his recovery since sustaining a broken metatarsal at Portsmouth on September 15 and has had to change his regular boots to ensure he doesn’t suffer a recurrence.

With the Liverpool manager wary of the strains the schedule of four games in 12 days could have on Sami Hyypia, he will assess Agger ahead of the trip to Pride Park before making a decision.

But Benitez is also keen to avoid a similar situation to Xabi Alonso’s, when the midfielder came back from his metatarsal break against Arsenal at the end of October but aggravated it again and didn’t play again until last week’s Carling Cup defeat at Chelsea.

“He (Agger) is very close but I can’t say which game it will be,” said Benitez.

“With Xabi Alonso, he was ready for playing against Arsenal but then we needed to start again.

“So with Agger we want to go slowly and be sure that he’ll be okay. He changed the boots the last time, and I was talking with the doctor and they told me he’s okay.

“He’s kicking the ball much better than before because he had some problems. With training it was okay, but with boots he had some problems.

“It depends on where you put your weight in the foot so the sole of the boots needs to change. It depends if he is comfortable.

“Now with the new boots he’s been using the ball and maybe in the next days we should see a very good situation with him.”

If Agger isn’t deemed fit to return, Jack Hobbs could step back in to enable Hyypia to rest against a side who only have seven points and lie bottom of the Premier League table.

With a key clash against fourth-placed Manchester City at Eastlands on Sunday, Benitez is also considering changes in other areas from the side that beat Portsmouth 4-1 at Anfield on Saturday.

Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres were still feeling the after-effects of the stomach bugs that sidelined them at Chelsea, although Peter Crouch serving the second of a three-game ban for his sending off in that tie lessens Benitez’s options.

But he is confident that he has the quality throughout the squad to emerge from the Christmas programme with 12 points even if it means implementing the rotation system once again.

“The team is playing well but sometimes you can see some players really tire,” added Benitez. “On Saturday Steven Gerrard, after the stomach problems he had, was a little bit tired at the end, and Torres could be more or less the same. Sometimes you don’t know. Players like Sami can be fit in two or three days but maybe they need more. We will check during the week.

“Sami had some problem in his hamstring the other day but we had to protect him and at 34 it’s very difficult. We need to think about who will play in these positions. If we need to change players it’s not a problem, because you can see the level of Lucas or Xabi Alonso. We can use players with enough quality.”

Meanwhile Dirk Kuyt is looking to take maximum points from the festive period.

“We have to win our next three now at Derby, Manchester City and at home to Wigan and if we can get nine points from those games I think we will get closer to the other teams,” said Kuyt.

“We want to go on a run. Every defeat in the league is big one for us because you just want to win and compete with Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea so we can’t afford to lose many more.”

Meanwhile Liverpool’s Premier League match against Aston Villa at Anfield has been moved from Saturday January 19, to Monday, January 21, for live TV coverage by Setanta Sports.

Good news i hope that agger starts tonight , want to see him get his match fitness back , esp with city against us this weekend
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 pm

bavlondon wrote:Who dived for them? Was it Mikel again?

Ballack dived noway should Knight have been sent off, team full of dirty cheats, and the ref helping them out.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Fernando Torres’s form may make him almost untouchable even for Rafael BenÍtez at the moment - dare Liverpool leave out a striker with 14 goals from 17 starts? – but Steven Gerrard has admitted that he attempted to persuade Thierry Henry to come to Anfield when the France forward was leaving Arsenal last summer.

The Liverpool captain may be as impressed as anyone with Torres’s form this season but his friendship with Henry allowed him to make some discreet overtures once it was clear he was seeking a new challenge. “I sent him a few text messages seeing if he fancied it,” Gerrard said.

“I would have loved to have seen him in a Liverpool shirt, just like the supporters would have. But he wanted to play for Barcelona so you had to respect that decision. However he’s got a lot of respect for Liverpool. He speaks really well about us. He is just settling in at Barcelona now and I’m sure he’ll prove again he’s one of the best players in the world.”

If Torres can maintain the start he has made with Liverpool since his move from Atlético Madrid, he could become talked about in similar terms as Henry. In the build-up to today’s visit to Derby County, Dirk Kuyt, who believes Liverpool cannot afford to lose any more games if they are to win the Barclays Premier League, says the Spain striker has completed the squad’s needs.

He is exactly the type of player we need because he is quick and he is clever,” the Liverpool forward said. “We’ve got everything in the squad now and I think we are ready to do something really good. We will just have to see how far we can go.”

Today provides an acid test of how far BenÍtez has loosened his rotation policy. Torres is hot, with six goals in his past six starts, but will the manager allow one striker to play six league games in a row, especially in the middle of such a hectic sequence of games and against the bottom side? With Peter Crouch suspended and Torres having scored twice in Saturday’s 4-1 victory over Portsmouth, as he did in the 6-0 thrashing of today’s opponents in September, BenÍtez must be tempted to stick with the Spaniard.

There is more than one reason why today’s match is a red-letter day for Paul Jewell, the former Anfield apprentice, but Giles Barnes, who is starting to show signs that he can flourish in the Premier League, contends that this is just another game in the team’s gradual progression and his own attempt to reach his peak.

Barnes scored his first Premier League goal in Sunday’s 2-2 draw away to Newcastle United and Jewell has again been moved to dismiss reports of a bid from West Ham United, who did make an offer for the England Under19 player in August. “Maybe Santa Claus will drop the cheque down the chimney,” the manager said. “But I know nothing about it. What I do know is I have not had any contact with any club about Giles Barnes.”

The attacking midfield player missed the game at Anfield in September as he was recovering from the injury problems from which he is only now emerging. “Every team in the Premier League is ruthless, not just Liverpool. That’s why it’s the best league in the world,” he said. “It would be nice to get one over on them because we got hurt that day. For me, Liverpool is another game under my belt to get me match-fit. The lads all got a head start on me because I was out at the start of the season. It was very disappointing but I feel like I’m getting fitter and getting stronger. The gaffer’s given me a lot of confidence.”

Jewell started his career with Liverpool and made his managerial mark against them on the final day of the 1999-2000 season when victory at Valley Parade allowed Bradford City to maintain their top-flight status.

“The only thing I’m looking forward to is trying to get a result for Derby,” the manager said. “Liverpool is the club I supported as a kid. But, at this moment, I’m a Derby County supporter. I’d love Liverpool to win the league – if we can’t win it.”

Jewell believes the drubbing Derby received at Anfield should be a reminder that top players cannot be left unmarked. “I wasn’t at the game but 6-0 is a hiding,” he said. “It can happen against the top teams. When the top teams get going and you’re not at the races, it can be even more. We have got to make sure we defend properly. If we defend like we did against Newcastle we’ll concede more goals.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....486.ece
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Cheating :censored:!!! I hope Villa can hang on.

Anyway back to our game, I like the line up. Not sure about Voronin but im glad Alonso is back and that Lukas is in the centre with him.

Is Kewel being rested?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion