CL 3RD ROUND QUALIFYING DRAW 11.00BST - all build up and reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:46 am

???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:51 am

not a bad result for us at all, when is the game played?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:57 am

is it not the 6/7 and 23/24 .........not 100% about tht tho
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:59 am

Everton - Bye hahaha Bye hahaha Bye hahaha :laugh:
L'pool - not much work to get to group stage, I feel relaxed now :D

I'm also waiting with anxiety for Wisla Krakow : Panathinakos match :) Finger crossed for Wisla to reach group stages :D
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:02 pm

Espionage wrote:not a bad result for us at all, when is the game played?

the first leg is on August 8/9, the return on August 23/24.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:09 pm

Probably pointless posting on here, as the number of people who actually go the game can ba counted on one hand.

Anyhows, last time when we visited Sofia, around 3,000 reds fans visited a poor economy and injected in the region of half a million pounds locally.

With the recent disgraceful actions by the Bulgarian authorities in jailing Michael Shields for fifteen years despite his innocence, is there grounds for a boycott of the game?

I am sure that that sort of money will make the authorities think again, as PEEWEE over on RAWK pointed out.

I will be away and unable to go anyway, but intrested to see what fans from further afield thought of the idea.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:14 pm

I want Neverton to be humiliated on the most public stage possible...the group stages.  I hope they get through, start gloating then do as well as Blackburn did by getting consistently outclassed!
:laugh:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Espionage » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:16 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Probably pointless posting on here, as the number of people who actually go the game can ba counted on one hand.

Anyhows, last time when we visited Sofia, around 3,000 reds fans visited a poor economy and injected in the region of half a million pounds locally.

With the recent disgraceful actions by the Bulgarian authorities in jailing Michael Shields for fifteen years despite his innocence, is there grounds for a boycott of the game?

I am sure that that sort of money will make the authorities think again, as PEEWEE over on RAWK pointed out.

I will be away and unable to go anyway, but intrested to see what fans from further afield thought of the idea.

Sounds interesting, i think that its great that Liverpool fc fans form such a brotherhood that fans reach out to each other (not to mention Carra's comments that i read about following the case from liverpoolfc.tv). I have never seen this in other sports (im from Australia) and i am proud to be a fan of a team that cares as much as this :hearts

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me Leon.

Good draw for us, it will be CSKA Sofia as they won 2-0 away. Won't be easy in the away leg, but we should go to Bulgaria with at least a 2 goal cushion.

Everton will struggle agiant Villareal and tbh I can't see them having much chance of getting into the group stages.Players like Forlan, Riquelme, Sorin and Figueroa will run all over them in Spain, and I can see them getting at least a draw at Woodison.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:19 pm

Espionage wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Probably pointless posting on here, as the number of people who actually go the game can ba counted on one hand.

Sounds interesting, i think that its great that Liverpool fc fans form such a brotherhood that fans reach out to each other (not to mention Carra's comments that i read about following the case from liverpoolfc.tv). I have never seen this in other sports (im from Australia) and i am proud to be a fan of a team that cares as much as this :hearts

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

It is what sets this city, this club and these supporters apart from all others mate, and why I am pround to be part of it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Are Villarel a good side???

Are you serious?

Of course they are, they are MORE than just a good side, they are FLIPPIN EXCELLENT side.

Riquelme, José Mari, Sorin and last years Pichichi of La Primera Forlan (ok so he wasnt so good at man u) will run rings around everton.

Everton have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER.

Villareal have many technically gifted players and play tremendously well as a unit.

I can't wait to watch the match so that I can laugh my head off   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:27 pm

i presume the qualifiers are played over two days? liverpool and everton both at home on the same night would be absolute carnage.

also, do we get a bigger share of the tv revenue when the bluesh#te go out in the qualifiers? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:31 pm

I'd presume so st mick. Usually the revenue is split between the teams of that nation, and with one less in the equation we would get more one would think.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:39 pm

Did anyone see that tool Kenwright on SSN this morning? Basically, Sky interview chairman/chief exec's of clubs after the draw is made to see their opinion, they spoke to Parry and his equivelents at Rangers and Man Utd. They gave the usual type of interview (happy to be in the draw, treat the opponents with respect etc) then along comes The Luvvie with this gem...

"It's two good games," he informed Sky Sports News. "The second reaction is they're tough games."

"It's just great to sit there and see Everton's name behind that Champions League for the first time.

"A great thing happened as we arrived. Two Evertonians, the only fans out there, with strips on, waiting for autographs."

"'We just had to be here, Bill. Just had to be here'.

It sums it up for Evertonians.

"It's a great morning for us, we haven't spoken to David [Moyes] yet so I don't know what he's going to be feeling."

"There weren't many [teams], as we weren't seeded, that we would say we fancy that one so we've just got to go with it and accept it as the opportunity it is to get us into the group stages."

Am I reading this right? Two GROWN men in FULL Everton kits have flown out to Switzerland to get autographs off mid 40's balding fat chief executives from European clubs and they have gone to Switzerland to see people DRAW BALLS OUT OF A BOWL? ???

Gotta bring that up with those two fellas if they ever get identified.

'What's your highlight of following Everton abroad?"

'Well, getting beat by Feyenoord in '95 was disapointing but the highlight would have to be watching us getting drawn out of a bowl!"

:D
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:47 pm

stmichael wrote:'Well, getting beat by Feyenoord in '95 was disapointing but the highlight would have to be watching us getting drawn out of a bowl!"

:D

:D With the money they spent to get there, they could have gone to Turkey to watch Everton play.

They have obviously chose the more entertaing option. :D  :D
84-1106852058

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion