CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW 11.00 BST - build up and reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:40 pm

the stadium that benfica built cost 65 million,why don't liverpool build something similer?

Portugal and England, two different countries mate. What is cheaper in rest of Europe might not be in England. For instance tickets are 30-90 pounds in England, where as tickets for i.e. Bayern Munich are 10-15 euros.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gaunt » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:14 pm

The bookies rarely get it wrong in the big games (except with us last year  :D ) Have a look at the odds for Benfica beating Liverpool and Benfica winning the Champions League this year and then come back. Although having said that and thinking of last year again maybe i'll nip down to the bookies and put a tenner on Benfica  :D
Gaunt

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:27 pm

Odds schmods.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:38 am

Benfica; do they release an eagle into the stadium every match they have?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:22 am

Has anyone checked out the Chelski forums?? Those :censored: are accusing Liverpool of some sort of conspiracy because they have drawn Barcelona again. I just HAD to leave a post blaming it on Karma!!!  :rasp

Most of them have written off their chances and are resigned to a loss. Fair weather friends are that lot!!!  A case of, "you only sing when you're winning!!!" :p

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:45 am

I'm a bit surprised of their pessimism to be honest. I just thought they were more arrogant than what they are showing now. I did notice that they're nervous with our climbing up in the table, I also reckon that they're not winning easily the games, but actually it seems that they do not give a toS$ for their chances against Barcelona!. Mates, if we got as near as 6 points to them, they'll crumble down to pieces. Mwahahahahahahha
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:46 am

as much as i want the reds to win it again this year i can see barcelona winning it this year. But im confident we'll be bringing it home again in the next 2-3 years.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:46 am

Sabre wrote:I'm a bit surprised of their pessimism to be honest. I just thought they were more arrogant than what they are showing now. I did notice that they're nervous with our climbing up in the table, I also reckon that they're not winning easily the games, but actually it seems that they do not give a toS$ for their chances against Barcelona!. Mates, if we got as near as 6 points to them, they'll crumble down to pieces. Mwahahahahahahha

Well their own fans would write them off, that's for sure!!  :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:51 am

The thing is that Benfica guys had a point, everything can happen. Specially in a final. To be honest I find winning the CL again very very unlikely, but so it is for every team, differences in football are very small. You can be dominating clearly Benfica for instance, but if they manage to score away they can put lots of troubles. Everything might happen. Barcelona is strong, today they won easily without Ronaldinho (rotations) and Xavi (severely injured), with 2 goals of the very dangerous Etoo' , and Giuly. They have depth, but even they started slowly in the league, and even they have better and worse form moments. In football, everything can happen, that's why we love it so much.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:15 am

Yes Sabre they've started slow in La Liga but they've played much better in CL, in fact they've scored more goals in Europe than anyone else so far
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Benfica » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:32 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:Benfica; do they release an eagle into the stadium every match they have?

Yes we do.

BTW we won 1-0 today,goal from Nuno Gomes.It was a suffered but deserved win.Still without Manuel Fernandes and Simão.
Benfica

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:34 am

Good for you.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hands » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:32 am

hello

first i dont pratice my english for a couple of years so if you dont understand something is my fault.

well i am from benfica and come where just to wish good luck for the game againts benfica and that the best will win it.

you are favourites thats clear as water, you are european champions, are always in europe and since 2000 have win atleast 3 europeas cups, i think.
benfica isnt the same of the 80s, and 60s, we are too long away form europe. i think we are getting better but i only be sure for that in years that will come.

i really love liverpool is a great team, my team in england, and a really loved you comeback in champions league final, its from a magical club, like is yours.

can you say when the tickets to liverpool-benfica are for sale?
i wanna go to anfield road, is a great stadium, and i will then see liverpool city.

even so i hope benfica will win, well this is football anything could happen.

hope you win premiership and :censored: mourinho, i dont like the :censored:...

good luck for your games

and by the way i dont know how you want simao, what is about him that makes him so good. he is good but his liverpool needing a winger so much, i guess not. i really dont have being watch you guys, i can now take more attention to your games and team.
hands

Postby Kasual » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:33 am

Woof Woof : yes i'm not expecting anyone to get scared with Benfica, even if it was about another club i would still say it would be arrogant to already think about the next tie, just ask your great manager...and yes you are recovering much faster than Benfica, and yes i do think unfortunately Liverpool are clearly this tie's favourites for many reasons (11 games without conceding, amazing, is that a record?) :\. i liked your post, you got what i was saying, spot on mate.

Sabre: in clear antithesis with Woof Woof we've got Sabre. You must be young, not gonna spend much time with you but if you wanna get anal with history i think (not sure about urs) we've got the same amount of champions cup finals (7) despite only having 2 wins as opposed to your 5.

to be honest even if we had no titles at all i wouldn't give a :censored: and yes of course your reply will be "oh yeah, then pick on ur 7 cup finals and sod off to ur forums". like all retards, after a minute or two, you start getting predictable.
Kasual

Postby Gaunt » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:58 am

Sod off back to your own forums  :D
Gaunt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion