Chelsea - How do you see the game going?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redtribe » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:18 am

How does everyone see the game against Chelsea going?

I hope we have a high tempo at chelsea and try to attack, rather then sit back and give them a real game by being more aggressive!
I also would like to see us have 2 upfront and put Garcia wide right. Not because i think that Garcia doesnt have a future as a Deep forward but because i dont see Finnan causing any trouble to them!

Probably it is time to give Kirky a start too, Dudek is just lacking form and confidence and i cant see that helping the defence!

What do you all think?
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:37 pm

I think there have been 2 liverpool teams this season and it really depends what one turns up. If we can raise the tempo, not do the zonal marking as much and alonso has a good game then i think we could nick it.
We need a home mentality when playing away though, thats just my 50 cents, or 29p :blues:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:54 pm

I think everyone now accepts that we have a problem with our away form.

However, it can't go on forever.

Chelsea have had a very good start to the season, but they surely need to hit a speedbump soon. Maybe we'll be that speedbump?

We have had a terrible record at Stamford Bridge in recent years, although maybe last year's win may be a new start for us down there.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:55 pm

is anyone on here going to chelsea? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:01 pm

stmichael wrote:is anyone on here going to chelsea? ???

i am my dad taking me although it did cost alot it is worth it
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:36 pm

how much is a lot? Chelsea is ridiculously expensive now not that i've ever been. As for the Chelsea game Baros and Cisse upfront and Garcia on the right and forgot this zonal marking ****** cos it has done absolutely nothing, man-to-man makring is so much more effective. I agree that Chelsea's good run has to end sometime, but i dont think it will be against us with our poor away form and ****** record at Stamford Bridge- we got thrashed 4-0 a couple of seasons ago but hopefully that wont happen tomorrow.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:39 pm

Personally I am not looking forward to this game. If this will be the game where we will play like we did Manchester United and Olympiakos then I don't need to see it or watch the highlights of it. It will be an "ugly" game for both sides.

We need to get ur selfs together or we will finish in the mid-table if we lose all of our away games this season. If our players haven't learned something from their previous performances then we will have a problem. Hyypia needs to grow some balls because the way Drogba humiliated him in the Champions League when he played for Marsaille was ridiculus, something I don't want to see again.

Bring on Kirkland on, Dudek has messed up in every game against big clubs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:26 pm

I hate it when you make a prediction of Liverpool hopefully getting a point out of a difficult away fixture and because your trying to be realistic alot of people slaughter you for it! Loads of people came on this forum saying we will beat the mancs when in all seriousness a point would have been a decent result. I cant see anything more than Liverpool scraping a point here hopefully.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:34 pm

What did I predict? I didn't predict that we will draw or win, I am simply saying that if we aren't good enough to beat or get a point from Chelsea then we should at least put up some kind of fight. Did we put up a fight against Manchester and Olympiakos? No, there was hardly any effort put into the game.

Difference between a close game and a blowout. If we can't beat Chelsea then we shouldn't make it an easy win for them.

Do you understand what the hell I'm saying? Don't jump to prove me wrong so quickly when you had no idea what point I was getting across.

I don't expect anything from this game. And your statement with the Mancs, I wasn't expecting a win, I was expecting a draw and if we weren't able to beat them I was expecting us to put up a fight and we didn't do either of those things. I've learned not to hope for anything, the more optimistic I am the more frustrated I am when we lose. You can't be realistic and optimistic at the same time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:11 pm

It wasnt aimed at you in particular A.B! Some one on the forum(i dont remember who) questioned some supporters because they didnt feel that Liverpool would pick up maximum points from Old Trafford and accused them of not having any faith! It seems that when some fans build themselves up about Liverpool going somewhere difficult and expecting them to win no problems they are usually the first to come here saying they are s**t and this player should go blah blah.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:05 am

Chelsea 0 - 1 Liverpool .... Baros

fingers, toes and even eye's crossed :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:07 am

Hyypia needs to step up as a leader, I am only hoping that he can handle Drogba properly and not tackle him in the box which would give Chelsea a penalty. Thats the last thing we need.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:54 am

I think we'll put up a good fight, we'll be very tight and organised but sadly I think Chelsea will be just too strong for us. 2-0. :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:00 am

Garcias been prasing Jose to the highest heaven hope he doesnt show to much respect an sit back admirring the view :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:03 am

i think we need two strikers. none of this one alone up front, thats just not working. Cisse and baros up front, with garca on righ, alonso and didi in middle, kewel on left. He knows that Warnock is gagging to play so should make Kewel a better player.
Gonna be a good game though and we need to be at our best, but when we are there theres not much better
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion