CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL 19.45 BST - All the discussion for the CL game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:36 pm

I missed the first-half of the game, how bad was the tackle on Hamann?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:36 pm

PSV,Real Madrid,Manure/ benfica,lille,Rangers  etc tough games.....i would imagine we would all want Lille or Rangers
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 pm

A.B. wrote:I missed the first-half of the game, how bad was the tackle on Hamann?

Fu*king shocking A.B, hes done 3 of them this season and done one at the weekend, it was the most obvious straight red you will ever see, simple as that.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 pm

Lille,Rangers,Werder Bremen/Udinese,PSV would be nice.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 pm

A.B. wrote:I missed the first-half of the game, how bad was the tackle on Hamann?

Red card offence, no doubt about it. His stud marks were visible on tv for ages after treatment. Were lucky Didis leg isnt broken. Even with all their money they always have o resort to dirty tricks to survive. Last time with Gallas's hand ball and now this from Essien. I hope they get a real tough match next.
Last edited by tubby on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:38 pm

Bloody awful..Essien was lucky that he didnt break Didi's leg......warranted a red card
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:38 pm

drummerphil wrote:or dosnt the country protection matter anyway now and we could still get them

Im pretty sure country protection still applies,just not for us or any English team that faces us.Arsenal cant face Manure or Chelsea in the next round for example.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm

Garymac wrote:

Fu*king shocking A.B, hes done 3 of them this season and done one at the weekend, it was the most obvious straight red you will ever see, simple as that.

I'm glad that Didi's okay and that Alonso was rested. Last year it was Lampard that was breaking limbs now its Essien.  :angry:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm

greenred wrote:
drummerphil wrote:or dosnt the country protection matter anyway now and we could still get them

Im pretty sure country protection still applies,just not for us or any English team that faces us.Arsenal cant face Manure or Chelsea in the next round for example.

i was pretty certain too it still applied.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:40 pm

I think if we had finished second then we lost the country protection. But we retain it in 1st place.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:41 pm

Everyones saying they wouldnt mind a draw against Real Madrid (me included), but they have got alot of stars (i was going to say Team, but the havent got a team they got Stars), and if they get a decent manager could change there fortunes by the time we play them. They might not be as easy as everyone is thinking.

IMO I think one our day we can have anyone Barca included. But we have to just hope we dont get warn down and lose are consistanacy when we go away to Japan.

I'd love Rafa to keep the Clean Sheets going for atleast another 5 Prem games and throwout the Trip to Japan.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:43 pm

drummerphil wrote:
greenred wrote:

i was pretty certain too it still applied.

No we cant draw Chelsea in the next round, but we have no country protection, so possibly draw the mancs IF they get through.
Id like to draw Ajax, Rangers or Real Madrid next.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:44 pm

Arsenal are suddenly and finally looking very good in the competition too,if we dont retain the trophy this year i would like to see Arsenal win...........Chelsea would love that..... :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:47 pm

Arsenal looking good? What are you on about Phil, they have the easiest group in the entire fecking competion, for the second season in the row.

FC Thun, Moscow,Ajax[all young and unexperienced players], hardly a difficult group. We'll see how they do in the knock out stages.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think if we had finished second then we lost the country protection. But we retain it in 1st place.

Im confused now.Any uefa officials on here that can give us a definitive answer ???  :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion