Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:34 pm wrote:Sturridge and Coutinho were great signings, the moment those 2 walked through the door our fortunes totally changed, before they arrived we'd accrued our lowest points total in the 3 points for a win era and suffered our worst start since the Titanic went down but with those 2 at the club we are scoring goals at a ridiculous rate, every other week we are putting 5 or 6 past a team.
I think over time Sakho, Allen and Ilorri will prove to be great signings as well. Mingolet is a decent keeper too, he's not great under the highball but his kicking has improved and he's an upgrade on the Reina of last season (who's still dropping clangers for Napoli)
As for the rest, we'll probably make a profit on Assaidi and we may get our money back on Borini who has done a decent job for Sunderland, as for Alberto it's too soon to judge him but he does at least look competent and hasn't done anything wrong when he has been called upon.
All things considered Rodgers has done well in the transfer market, especially considering he hasnt been given big sums to spend.

Assaidi at peanuts was worth the gamble, no-one has ever said Coutinho and Sturridge weren't great signings...

However, to call the likes of Borini, Allen, Illori, Alberto and Mignolet anything other than failures is ridiculous.

Mignolet is absolutely bang smack average at best. Allen is never twice as good as Coutinho or even on Sturridge's level and Illori, Aspas and Alberto is £21,000,000 spunked right up the wall on complete and utter tosh.
End of!

Where did I (or anyone) claim that Allen is twice as good as Coutinho?
And Borini, Alberto and Ilorri are 21, how anyone can call a player a failure at 21 is beyond me, especially when they haven't even laced a pair of boots up in anger for us like Ilorri.
btw if you bothered looking you'd see Ilorri is getting rave reviews at Granada for performances like this -
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_H8drZCnNNY
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:34 pm wrote:Sturridge and Coutinho were great signings, the moment those 2 walked through the door our fortunes totally changed, before they arrived we'd accrued our lowest points total in the 3 points for a win era and suffered our worst start since the Titanic went down but with those 2 at the club we are scoring goals at a ridiculous rate, every other week we are putting 5 or 6 past a team.
I think over time Sakho, Allen and Ilorri will prove to be great signings as well. Mingolet is a decent keeper too, he's not great under the highball but his kicking has improved and he's an upgrade on the Reina of last season (who's still dropping clangers for Napoli)
As for the rest, we'll probably make a profit on Assaidi and we may get our money back on Borini who has done a decent job for Sunderland, as for Alberto it's too soon to judge him but he does at least look competent and hasn't done anything wrong when he has been called upon.
All things considered Rodgers has done well in the transfer market, especially considering he hasnt been given big sums to spend.

Assaidi at peanuts was worth the gamble, no-one has ever said Coutinho and Sturridge weren't great signings...

However, to call the likes of Borini, Allen, Illori, Alberto and Mignolet anything other than failures is ridiculous.

Mignolet is absolutely bang smack average at best. Allen is never twice as good as Coutinho or even on Sturridge's level and Illori, Aspas and Alberto is £21,000,000 spunked right up the wall on complete and utter tosh.
End of!

Where did I (or anyone) claim that Allen is twice as good as Coutinho?
And Borini, Alberto and Ilorri are 21, how anyone can call a player a failure at 21 is beyond me, especially when they haven't even laced a pair of boots up in anger for us like Ilorri.
btw if you bothered looking you'd see Ilorri is getting rave reviews at Granada for performances like this -
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_H8drZCnNNY

Ahh yes the old Youtube video to prove someone's a great player and the good old age excuse... :laugh:

Borini is woeful!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Stu the Red:
"Mignolet at £10,000,000 is also a complete flop."

"Mignolet is absolutely bang smack average at best."

confused.com
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Rodgers has done well in many aspects but what I particularly like about him is how he's changed the team's mentality. Make no mistake, a season ago or even a few months ago we wouldn't have made that comeback that we did yesterday. Our heads would have dropped and we would have started panicking. Instead, we kept our cool, played our game and the goals eventually arrived. All the players seem very happy to be a part of this team and I doubt anyone would want to leave the club at the moment. Team spirit seems to be on a high level and winning has become a habit. You may implement any kind of a philosophy or playing style you want but these things are always the hardest to achieve. I may have wrote something about this already but it's worth mentioning it again.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Mignolet has his weaknesses but to call him a flop is just utterly ridiculous.

For me, his passing, distribution and composure on the ball have improved immeasurably from the beginning of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:27 pm

stmichael » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 pm wrote:Mignolet has his weaknesses but to call him a flop is just utterly ridiculous.

It is, but it's not the first time Stu's opinions have been ridiculous.. I had I disagreement with him about with his comments on Henderson earlier this season...

Stu the red on Henderson:

for me he's absoloutely nowhere near the standard we need. As a fourth choice he'd be ok I suppose,.

Skyrtel, Allen, Henderson are quite frankly embarrassments to the shirt in my opinion

:Oo:
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Redman in wales » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:27 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 pm wrote:Mignolet has his weaknesses but to call him a flop is just utterly ridiculous.

It is, but it's not the first time Stu's opinions have been ridiculous.. I had I disagreement with him about with his comments on Henderson earlier this season...

Stu the red on Henderson:

for me he's absoloutely nowhere near the standard we need. As a fourth choice he'd be ok I suppose,.

Skyrtel, Allen, Henderson are quite frankly embarrassments to the shirt in my opinion

:Oo:

I've given up responding to that buffoon. He is constantly moving the goalposts of his arguments and spinning situations to his liking.

You can fine endless contradictions and u turns in his posts.

When Sahko was signed he rated Agger and Skrtel above him. Amazing when you consider his current opinion on Skrtel.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 pm

stmichael » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 pm wrote:Mignolet has his weaknesses but to call him a flop is just utterly ridiculous.

For me, his passing, distribution and composure on the ball have improved immeasurably from the beginning of the season.

His shot-stopping has been superb this season, he saved loads that most goalkeepers would have let in.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nithis » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:37 am

Hidup Liverpool
nithis
LFC newBie

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

is that code for "do you want a kitchen" ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 am

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:21 pm wrote:

No, don't think he's a bot. Bit weird that he's posting in Bahasa on an English forum.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:16 pm

babu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:38 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:21 pm wrote:

No, don't think he's a bot. Bit weird that he's posting in Bahasa on an English forum.

Yep. Which means Live/Breathe Liverpool.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Stu ha ha
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Mignolet is decent and I think he's been one of our best players this season. He makes saves in games where, had that goal gone it , it may have pushed the outcome of the game away from us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm

tubby » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 pm wrote:Mignolet is decent and I think he's been one of our best players this season. He makes saves in games where, had that goal gone it , it may have pushed the outcome of the game away from us.

Well said, it's easy to forget that he's saved us in a lot of games too - the pen against Stoke, Benteke's shot away at Villa, the goodison derby etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion