Raheem sterling - Signs professional contract at lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 pm

K'nell someone better get Raheem an XBOX.  Occupy the lad's nights in some other way.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kerry07 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 am

Watched the game against Spurs, haven't been as excited about a young Liverpool player since Michael Owen in Summer 1997. He stood out a mile above anything on the field. Second half they double marked him.

Raheem has everything to be a very special player. We are talking Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, McManaman level here (not decent players such as Spearing, Thompson, Warnock).

Hes the closest thing to Thierry Henry ive seen. The poise when he runs, the ball sticks to his feet like glue and hes in complete control. The awareness of those around him, constantly picks the right pass. Theres no doubt at all he will be a huge player for us. The only concern is his slight frame (needs to bulk up, and hopfully grow and inch or two). Its very tempting to rush him and i know Kenny will avoid that, but just cannot wait to see him in the first team. QPR will rightly be fuming (whatever it was we got him for) as hes going to be a major star.

edit: just checked.. "The 17-year-old arrived at Anfield with a massive reputation, moving to Merseyside from QPR for a reported £600,000 in February 2010. That figure could rise to £5 million depending on appearances for club and country".

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier....or-call

Absolute steal.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 am

I watched teh Blackburn resreves game mate and he didnt stand out - no one stood out to tell you the truth, I turned off when we went 4-2 down. The missus asked what I has been watching and I quietly replied 'Nothing'. Maybe he'd been out shagging the night before?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Kerry07 wrote:Watched the game against Spurs, haven't been as excited about a young Liverpool player since Michael Owen in Summer 1997. He stood out a mile above anything on the field. Second half they double marked him.

Raheem has everything to be a very special player. We are talking Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, McManaman level here (not decent players such as Spearing, Thompson, Warnock).

Hes the closest thing to Thierry Henry ive seen. The poise when he runs, the ball sticks to his feet like glue and hes in complete control. The awareness of those around him, constantly picks the right pass. Theres no doubt at all he will be a huge player for us. The only concern is his slight frame (needs to bulk up, and hopfully grow and inch or two). Its very tempting to rush him and i know Kenny will avoid that, but just cannot wait to see him in the first team. QPR will rightly be fuming (whatever it was we got him for) as hes going to be a major star.

edit: just checked.. "The 17-year-old arrived at Anfield with a massive reputation, moving to Merseyside from QPR for a reported £600,000 in February 2010. That figure could rise to £5 million depending on appearances for club and country".

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier....or-call

Absolute steal.

He looked really good in that game. I think he's already been bulking up a fair bit. What I really wish is if he could at least get a subs performance here and there for the first team. We have to start trusting our youngsters a bit more and giving them a chance up.

I find it strange that we've been giving our young defenders a lot of chances, perhaps it was because of the compulsion of just not having players in those positions but in general, it should be a much more courageous decision to give a young defender a start in the first team than an attacking player.

I think that Kelly, Robinson, and Sterling will definitely make themselves regulars in the near future. Watch out for Marc Pelosi though, I think of all the young talents, he's probably the most exciting for me. Suso will probably do a pacheco, and Adorjan will be a good bit part player unless he wants to leave for first team opportunities elsewhere. I also don't rate any of our young strikers much unfortunately.
kartiek

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:31 pm

if arsene can have faith in the likes of chamberlain at 18 years old then i dont see why we cant show similar in our young stars.arsenal bring through so many under the age of 20 but yet we arent willing to entertain them till they are at least 22/23 and by then its too late for most of them so we end up spending 20 odd mil on replacements.
if the lad has it then he should be given a chance rather than wait till someone else offers him it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby clint » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:10 pm

i think we will see him make a 1st team appearance before the season finishes, i wanna see more od suso aswel
clint

Postby yellsub66 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

I really hope Sterling is given a chance to show what he can do!

So much of our attacking play in the last third has been stifled this season by not having decent players on the wings. Kuyt is never a winger, Downing is next to useless in a Liverpool shirt and Maxi is not consistent and can't seem to get into the team.

Time to give the kids a chance!! Kenny has given chances to Flanagan, Kelly and Robinson...time to give a chance to our more attack-minded young players!
yellsub66

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

lets be honest, he can't be any worse than Downing....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion