Rafa signs contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 29, 2006 6:04 pm

when rafa came to the club we were right in the proverbial up to our necks, owen was going and gerrard was on the verge of going. the signals being omitted from the club was that if you are a big name player in search of honours then its time to jump ship.
because of a questionable transfer policy in which we bought big money signings with little re-sale value the club was skint. annual agm`s resembled bar room brawls more than cultured business meetings.
the club had a cloud over it, the style of football being churned out was horrific, nearly every team that came to anfield at the very least matched us in the possession stakes and the real coup de grace for us older fans was to hear the fans of teams like arsenal who for years where the epitomy of a long ball side shout hoof at us.
the mighty liverpool, scourge of europe was reduced to hopeful punts upfield.
we had just been on the worst run of results since we went down to the second division in the early 50`s.
i really feared the worst and when the club appointed a spaniard after the `five year plan` of a frenchman i almost cried in desperation.
on may the 25th 2005 i really cried for liverpool football club but for a totally different reason.
i really cant thank mr benitez enough for what he has done, not only in terms of silverware but in style of play, style of management and optimism for the future without the need of huge amounts of cash.
the mans not a manager he`s a miracle worker.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:39 pm

well said yckat.......

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 29, 2006 8:01 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:when rafa came to the club we were right in the proverbial up to our necks, owen was going and gerrard was on the verge of going. the signals being omitted from the club was that if you are a big name player in search of honours then its time to jump ship.
because of a questionable transfer policy in which we bought big money signings with little re-sale value the club was skint. annual agm`s resembled bar room brawls more than cultured business meetings.
the club had a cloud over it, the style of football being churned out was horrific, nearly every team that came to anfield at the very least matched us in the possession stakes and the real coup de grace for us older fans was to hear the fans of teams like arsenal who for years where the epitomy of a long ball side shout hoof at us.
we had just been on the worst run of results since we went down to the second division in the early 50`s.
i really feared the worst and when the club appointed a spaniard after the `five year plan` of a frenchman i almost cried in desperation.
on may the 25th 2005 i really cried for liverpool football club but for a totally different reason.
i really cant thank mr benitez enough for what he has done, not only in terms of silverware but in style of play, style of management and optimism for the future without the need of huge amounts of cash.

Nice one, mate!

It hasn't been said much of late but, "In Rafa We Trust"!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon May 29, 2006 8:15 pm

Well, putting myself on your skin...

I can't blame you  :laugh:

But Rafa is the best Spaniard coach, he had a meteoric ascension due to his quality, he's a modern coach.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Tue May 30, 2006 5:43 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:when rafa came to the club we were right in the proverbial up to our necks, owen was going and gerrard was on the verge of going. the signals being omitted from the club was that if you are a big name player in search of honours then its time to jump ship.

:buttrock

That made me cry..

:wwww
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:19 am

red37 wrote: :) what we expected, so really not news. but its quite a relief to hear regardless...

Rafael Benitez has put pen to paper on a new four year contract.

It was anounced that Rafael Benitez would be signing a new contract with Liverpool before the Reds played Fulham at Anfield back in March and last night the Liverpool boss officially signed the new four year contract.

Benitez's new contract will end speculation linking the Spaniard with Real Madrid

:buttrock

Awesome news man. 

Like totally far out dude.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue May 30, 2006 8:28 pm

Er, has it actually signed it?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Tue May 30, 2006 10:54 pm

JBG wrote:Er, has it actually signed it?

No, it was just in the Gossip bit on the BBC website. The source was the s**.

???
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:46 pm

from .tv

Liverpool have today confirmed that manager Rafael Benitez has signed a brand new four year deal to remain in charge of the Reds. 
Benitez announced his intention to remain with the club towards the end of last season and he has now officially put pen to paper on his new contract.

The Liverpool boss has achieved great success in his short time with the club so far and has become the first manager in the club's illustrious history to win major trophies in each of his first two seasons at Anfield.

The deal represents a one year extension to his original contract and will ensure he remains on Merseyside until 2010.

He said: "I'm delighted to have now signed the contract. There was never going to be a problem once we reached an agreement last season, and now all the documents have been signed and sent to the club.

"I'm very happy at Liverpool and hope we can enjoy more success in the seasons to come."

-----------

yes it's official he's signed until 2010
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:09 pm

Yeah SSN have just announced that he has signed it. Good news for the club. Nice to see the manager leading by example.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Maureen will be sh*tting it!!

Rafa's coming to get you, Rafa's coming to get you!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:17 pm

Finally.................we sign someone this summer! :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:20 pm

well in mate :buttrock
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:23 pm

yes!!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:24 pm

He would have signed it months ago, it was all done and dusted the day of the Fulham game. He couldn't officially sign until now though because of the complications with paperwork and bonuses and sh#t. Something about it being easier to start a new contract on June 1st.

Anyway great news. Put that in ya pipe and smoke it Real Madrid.  :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion