BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:10 pm

Anyone that says we can still win the league is wrong!
It pains me to say this but we have dropped way too many points way to early.
Does anyone in their right mind think we can go the rest of the season without dropping a few points here and there!

The bottom line is the players are not performing and the manager is tinkering too much for the team to find any form.
Im gutted,never expected such a dire start to the season in a million years :no
66-1120597113

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:19 pm

I don't wanna even moan about rotation (have we even played the same back 4 in sucession ?)......... but that sheffield united result is looking worse and worsewe screw up an away game......

Ah well....lets just concerntrate on the champions league  :D
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:25 pm

At least Chelsea and Everton both only drew at home. I have to admit I think we are now in the last chance saloon, anymore slipups and we can forget the title. A win against the Mancs will put us back in the chase, a loss and we are a out of it.
account deleted by request

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:32 pm

I think we need 12-13 points from our next 5 games to have a realisticaly GOOD chance of winning the title.

10-11 points from our next 5 games will give us a decent chance but nothing more.

Anything less than 10 points, then we are looking awful.
Graeme Noble

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Aston Villa have been to Arsenal and Chelsea ad not been beaten.  Yet we cant pick up anything away from home.
puroresu

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:55 pm

forget the title....we arent playing coherently or well enough to think about it, it is time to take each game as it comes, drop players who arent playing well (rotation is muck, im sick of it, play ur best available eleven in their best positions and stick with that principle as best as possible, it looks like that the players dont know if they are playing next week no matter how well they have done and how can we be consistent when you dont know whose playing each week! It takes time for a team to settle and know how to play in a distinct style and pattern that a manager wants, to get this you need to have players playing together regularly. take Stevie G's position, for example one week he plays RM next week LM the week after CM to accomodate Xabi and Momo....The players must be thinking what is my job in the team and if even if i play well i might not be playing next week anyway!!! Personally i think our squad is too big and trying to keep everyone happy is difficult. WE ARE LIVERPOOL we impose OUR game on teams not the other way around) Im tired of struggling against teams like sheffield Utd and Bolton...and im sick of excuses about playing in Europe midweek, players get tired etc ...they train everyday they are professionals, I have played football at a good standard for many years and i always found that training is more tiring than matches....(and I do accept that the physical demands in the Premier League has gotten harder in the last number of years but it is the exact same for all teams in the premiership not just Liverpool (excluding European Games). I dunno, maybe im just a pessimist who harks back to the good old days of  the 70s and 80s when Liverpool went out there and pounded teams into the ground but is a bit more consistency too much to ask for?
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:58 pm

I think we need to be a little more offensive, similar to Wenesday night, but obviously better.
Graeme Noble

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:12 pm

Im just sick of excuses.......
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby 89-1159041913 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:21 pm

you defence and keeper have
no communication whatsoever
its pretty bad for you lot
a few more bad results and
your well out the hunt for
the title. rafas gotta take
the blame becaus he has
been rotating like ranieri.

tut!!!
89-1159041913

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:28 pm

We didnt deserve to lose today and i honestly dont think we have deserved to lose any of the games we have lost

I fucking hate bolton the stuffy c'unts, we totally dominated the play yet again but we just dont seem able to capitalise on our huge amounts of possession.

I know i am clutching at sraws here but am not a'rsed these early kick offs are taking the pi'ss big time, we can't prepare right when we've Fu*king got a 12.45 kick off every week...its not on, but alas TV rules all these days.

I wouldn't say were quite finished yet though, we not too far off and things could have been worse(not much though). swerve these tough fixtures every week aswell, i know we have to play them sometime but the fixture list hasnt been kind at all in terms of the teams we've been playing week in week out. Hopefully near the end of the season when we've got a kind run-in we wont be too far off the pace and can pip the rest at the death, that would be sweet like.

Its not happening at the moment away from home and for those calling for gerrard to move to the middle, it would have to be at the expense of alonso coz the team is definately not balanced with both there and since gerrard is as equally good on the right as he is in the centre then gerrard should continue there, not on the left

Gerrard rampages forward and alonso is not the most athletic to cover ground when were counter attacked so it leaves him vulnerable but with momo and xabi in the middle, it works better, momo hassles them and alonso tackles them.

We must not lose at man u ! or we'll find it tough.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:55 pm

davo_LFC wrote:We didnt deserve to lose today and i honestly dont think we have deserved to lose any of the games we have lost

I fucking hate bolton the stuffy c'unts, we totally dominated the play yet again but we just dont seem able to capitalise on our huge amounts of possession.

I know i am clutching at sraws here but am not a'rsed these early kick offs are taking the pi'ss big time, we can't prepare right when we've Fu*king got a 12.45 kick off every week...its not on, but alas TV rules all these days.

I wouldn't say were quite finished yet though, we not too far off and things could have been worse(not much though). swerve these tough fixtures every week aswell, i know we have to play them sometime but the fixture list hasnt been kind at all in terms of the teams we've been playing week in week out. Hopefully near the end of the season when we've got a kind run-in we wont be too far off the pace and can pip the rest at the death, that would be sweet like.

Its not happening at the moment away from home and for those calling for gerrard to move to the middle, it would have to be at the expense of alonso coz the team is definately not balanced with both there and since gerrard is as equally good on the right as he is in the centre then gerrard should continue there, not on the left

Gerrard rampages forward and alonso is not the most athletic to cover ground when were counter attacked so it leaves him vulnerable but with momo and xabi in the middle, it works better, momo hassles them and alonso tackles them.

We must not lose at man u ! or we'll find it tough.

im still sick of excuses, I agree about 12.45 KO are just annoying, and the linesman got it very wrong etc, etc but we still lost 2 0 to Bolton, 3 0 to Everton 1 0 to Chelsea and drawing with Sheffield Utd despite dominating these games, there is a common thread running thru here I think. (even the Galatasaray game, we dominated the first half and were actually lucky to hold on in the second half....)

As fot for the midfield .... Personally I think Rafa doesnt know what to do with Stevie G....Stevie is brilliant, an amazing footballer who has practically everything to his game but where do u play him? Personally i think in a much more attacking central midfield position because he is not strictly an out and out central midfield player....(i might be slaughtered for that opinion) but I think the nettle has to be grasped and Alonso or Momo taken out of the midfield...(we are spoiled for choice in a way)
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:56 pm

Very frustrating.

The incident with Reina was a joke. A terrible decision which upset the flow and threw off our game.

The rest of the match was to be expected. A team that placed all their players behind the ball and prevented us from playing with any flair. You just can't do that against teams like Bolton. You have to get stuck into them, hard style.

We've been given a very tough start this season. Away at Sheffield United, away at Bolton, away at Everton, away at Man Utd, away at Chelsea.

Disappointing.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:09 pm

redsince2001 wrote:We are Liverpool FC - act like it

........courtesy Lando.......next time we hav a home game someone in the KOP sud seriously bring a banner like that to instill it into the :censored: players sitting on their ar.ses

you mean like get back to what Liverpool FC is all about, picking the same players week after week, puting players in places they are best in, picking the best players for the job........yes lets act like Liverpool FC.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheDeniro » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:12 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:This is a very tough game for us. Our last 5 games against Bolton have seen Bolton win twice, two draws and one win for us. To be honest i would be happy with a draw against them, but obviously we go there to win. Our away form has been very poor this season and this would be a perfect way to turn that around. It will be a tough physical game so i would want Sissoko definatley starting along with Gerrard. I would also have Riise starting because he has the ability to get a goal on the break. In central defence i would go with Hyppia and Carragher.

Reina

Finnan           Hyypia        Carragher         Riise

Pennant         Sissoko        Gerrard       Gonzales

Kuyt          Crouch

the liverpool coauch peter crounch substide

Anfield Road is Fatih 99 number Umit Karan  :buttrock  :bowdown  :hearts
TheDeniro

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:22 pm

We are only 6pts behind and we have played 3 of our hardest away games. We need to find form NOW and we still have a chance. Drop Pennant and Bellamy and dont bring them back until they start to show some confidence and form. Our season starts now, we have been very lucky that Chelsea and the Mancs arnt way ahead of us. We can still win the league we just need more fight, more spirit and more luck.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion