LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm

Sabre wrote:I'll compare Torres with Dalglish when he wins a league for Liverpool. Other than that, right now it's just similar pictures.

i think the comparison should be between torres and rush not torres and dalglish

torres is a number 9 not a number 10
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:41 pm

Sabre wrote:I'll compare Torres with Dalglish when he wins a league for Liverpool. Other than that, right now it's just similar pictures.

Very similar cool finishes though Sabre. Ok Kenny's was in a European cup final and Torres' was only against Bolton  :D
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:42 pm

RedBlood wrote:

i think the comparison should be between torres and rush not torres and dalglish

torres is a number 9 not a number 10

or a number 7 ?  :D
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:43 pm

torres also speaks better english than king kenny :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:47 pm

Agree we should be comparing Torres with Rushie and not Kenny. Either way we´ll only be able to judge in 3 years time. Rushie and KK were a tad special as was Owen and Robbie so if Torres wants to swim in those waters he better start by winning the league for us. :;):
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:55 pm

peewee wrote:Thailand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&a
mp;a
mp;g
t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&a
mp;a
mp;g
t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nottingham, enough said really after yet another sad little rant from a sad little man, ffs lando let it go, its not good for you health to have such jealousy

Jealous of your banging men in dresses?

No sailor.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:58 pm

bigmick wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:No, you're entirely right - Birmingham's defence never entered their own half - they were pushed so far up, Maik Taylor was able to hold a whispered conversation with Pepe, whilst holding his hand...

For f*ck's sake - Rafa didn't use Torres because his main strength is getting in behind the opposition defence. If said defence does not venture more than 6 yards off their own goal line, the main threat is negated.

Why is this still an issue several months on? Why the little sarcastic digs at every opportunity?
Shall I reference the utter b*llocks you and a certain little precious nobody from Ladyboy Land kept spouting about rotation not working, and that we'd never click until Rafa "woke up and stopped being so stubborn"? No - because I'll get banned if I do. Where has this argument gone? The way of zonal marking - right up the protagonist's ar*eholes.
I recieved a boatload of stick from the ignorant, bigoted tw*ts on here who believed they knew more than a proven coach, and that rotation was the problem. Have I even once said "Ha ha - you thick c*nts - I was right, and you were wrong!"?

No, because gloating is a sign of insecurity, Mick - now stop it. :no

:talktothehand C'mon Lando give us a bit of slack here. The team is one best run of form since Rafa took over, all the while rotating and twisting and turning the formation, so I've gotta have a go about something else haven't I  :D

Now FWIW I think Rafa didn't play Torres against Birmingham for three reasons, none of which were anything at all to do with Birmingham defending deep. Reason one was the main reason, I think he giving his star striker another week off as he thought like most of us that we would trounce Birmingham without Torres. Number two, was because the Spaniard didn't do a tap in midweek away to Porto and it was a way of giving him a kick up the erse. Number three was a finger to the press who questioned the decision (rightly as it turned out) to leave Torres on the bench at Pompey.

Now obviously we didn't trounce Birmingham, and in the press conference the first question is "why didn't you play Torres?". Rafa spins the nonsense about them defending deep, playing between the lines etc etc. That's how I saw it at the time, he was taking the p!ss out of the press, no more, no less.

If you look at the initial "sarcastic dig", it is done with smileys and not really intended as a dig at you and you alone. There were plenty who tried to make sense of the comments at the time, not just you mate. Sorry if it and I p!ssed you off though, that wasn't the intention.

As for the rotation, I apprecuiate your reluctance to gloat about the successes of the system to me and that bloke from "ladyboyland"  :laugh:, but I don't think it's because you're being nice to us mate if I'm totally honest. I think it's because like the rest of us you are waiting until the proof is conclusive, which it is far from being at the moment as we all know.

What we are currently proving is that it is possible to win games and win them well while rotating. We are also proving conclusively that it is posssible to play with fluency and rhythm while rotating. Whether we ultimately prove that mass rotation Rafa style is the way to achive a finishing position i the League which is a fair indication of the teams abilities remains to be seen. A month ago rotation was dead in the water, now it is the panacea. Such is football. My feeling is that even if we continue to play as well as we currently are, the mistakes we have already made in the League will ultimately cost us the title, but we'll see.

The one thing I disagree with you about is gloating being a sign of insecurity. Should we win the title and you gloat about the fact that me the bloke from ladyboyland  :D calling it wrong, I won't think you are insecure at all. I would expect it, such has been the depth of the trenches which have been dug. I would expect it, and respect it (I'll also have the compensation of course that if we do win the title although it proved me clueless, we did win the title ). If on the other hand, we do finish ten, twelve points off the top, I won't be gloating. I will though be pointing out that we didn't give ourselves the best chance. No insecurity involved in that.

Fair enough - it just seems that every thread I read the same thing crops up.

And I feel he didn't play Torres because the rest of our strikers should have been good enough to win it for us. I was merely suggesting a reason behind the decision - and his ability to get into 1-on-1's is Torres' main strength.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:50 pm

I have to give credit to Adam Bolton.

He's just a fat reporter for Sky News, but I thought he played well against Liverpool.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:33 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I have to give credit to Adam Bolton.

He's just a fat reporter for Sky News, but I thought he played well against Liverpool.

to be fair, his finishing was shocking
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
peewee wrote:Thailand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&a
mp;a
mp;a
mp;g
t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&a
mp;a
mp;a
mp;g
t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nottingham, enough said really after yet another sad little rant from a sad little man, ffs lando let it go, its not good for you health to have such jealousy

Jealous of your banging men in dresses?

No sailor.

maybe if you save up for a few years you can leave your council flat for a holiday mate, you should visit here and the maybe your ignorance would stop, but then i suppose i am relying on you also getting rid of your stupidity so its probably a non starter, although with them tints i fear you are more likeley to visit the lady boys, or even become one.

you just stay in nottingham mate, probably safer than you venturing into the big wide world although they do flip burgers the same so you could probably get a job     :no

your job- flip burgers

my job- last week australia, this week malaysia and singapore (in singapore now)
next week hong kong and australia

haha i am so jealous that you live in a crime ridden slum mate, i can see why you would think i would be jealous of your wonderful hair streaked life
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:59 am

peewee wrote:you just stay in nottingham mate, probably safer than you venturing into the big wide world although they do flip burgers the same so you could probably get a job     :no

:D  :laugh: Fair play for a good come back.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:43 am

peewee wrote:you just stay in nottingham mate, probably safer than you venturing into the big wide world although they do flip burgers the same so you could probably get a job     :no

:laugh:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:10 am

Not saying this Peewee because Lando wished me happy birthday and you didnt. :D

But there are four women to every one man in Nottingham.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt Nottingham have more nightclubs and bars per square mile than any other city in Europe ?
66-1112520797

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:14 am

4 women to one man, but have you seen the women :D

im here all week.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:22 am

Bamaga man wrote:Not saying this Peewee because Lando wished me happy birthday and you didnt. :D

But there are four women to every one man in Nottingham.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt Nottingham have more nightclubs and bars per square mile than any other city in Europe ?

and lando narrows his chances even more by having streaked hair and no personality    :D
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion