BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:39 pm

Lee2k6 wrote:well just for anyone else .. SORRY bout my stupid comment i'll keep it strictly football in the future.

ok....

sorry for over-reacting....
ConnO'var

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:39 pm

Red Soul wrote:Alright, peewee, I have neither the time nor the energy to sustain a prolonged squabbling contest.

We had enough quality on the pitch to win the match, and at the end of the day it's their responsibility to do so. But at the same time, they should never have been put into the scenario they found themselves in.

Perhaps there's truth in what we're both saying, and I'm willing to accept that.

It's not going to stop me teabagging the :censored: linesman for his part in the proceedings, though.

mate i agree with you 100% on the free kick but i just cant keep looking for excuses, i always used to make excuses for bad results but i stopped doing that a few years ago.

the problem lies with our team and not what the other team does. for too long now we have worried about the oposition and changed our play to deal with them. just for once i would like to see our strongest 11 set up purely for our own benefit and let the other team worry about us. we seem to have an under dog mentality before we step on the pitch because we are concentrating on the other teams strenghts rather than concentrating on ours
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:40 pm

Can we have a thread without talking about Muslims please?
99.9% of people on here dont give a fu.ck about Ramadam...

Back to football!
Regardless of a bad decision we were simply not good enough today!
Bellamy should have been dropped and Crouch started instead as its blatently obvious to all apart from Raffa that he is in form and Bellamy simply is not!
Pennant should have been off at half time as he had an awful game.

Theres lots more to say but cant really be ars.ed posting to be honest im fuc.king gutted!

We have no chance of winning the league now,anyone who thinks we have need to take the red goggles off!

One more thing.
RAFFA MUST STOP THIS FUC>KING ABOUT AND GET A 1ST 11 IN HIS HEAD AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO FIND FORM TOGETHER!!

What a shi.te start to the season  :no
GUTTED!
66-1120597113

Postby Lee2k6 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:41 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Lee2k6 wrote:well just for anyone else .. SORRY bout my stupid comment i'll keep it strictly football in the future.

ok....

sorry for over-reacting....

no worries mate  :;):
Lee2k6

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:42 pm

Santa wrote:
peewee wrote:no deflection

why did he feel the need to bring the ball into the edge of the area in the first place? OK so the linesman screwup but a GK don't need that 2 yards advantage talking a kick :no ...don't think Reaina actually see much of the ball and that second goal was a carbon copy of Galatasaray goal don't the professionals ever freakin learn?  :veryangry

yeah mate i mention that earlier in the thread, every game this season he has been pushing his luck and i think he has gotten away with it before thsi season. sooner or later it will go against him and it did today, wrongly
112-1077774096

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:44 pm

THE PLAYERS HAVE NO PASSION:angry: :angry:
WHAT A :censored: SPINELESS DISPLAY
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:44 pm

s@int wrote:The bottom line is our defence has been :censored: all season and but for a bit of good fortune against West ham (Bowyer) and Spurs (King and Jenas) we could be in even worse trouble. We need to get the balance right and get the defence sorted, then we need to start scoring a few ordinary goals as well as the spectacular ones.

You're right.....

3 of our 8 goals in the league has been spectacular blasts from distance...

Agger v West Ham
Xabi v Newcastle
Riise v Spurs

Another was from the spot... Fowler v Sheffield Utd....

We seem to be looking to score too many from outside the box instea of working the ball inside for our strikers.....

Hell, I may be over-reacting again..... defeats always bring out the worst in me... can only see the negatives.....

I'll wake up tomorrow and it won't be so bad....
ConnO'var

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Gerrard is the still the key for me......

Back in the middle or worst case out on the right.....

After all we did search long and hard for wingers over the last 2 years.... Now we have them, we don't seem to want to give them a proper shot at making it good....
ConnO'var

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Yes it's been a terrible start to the season.  Could one the reasons be that our new players are trying to adjust to pace of the EPL and the different styles (if I can call it that). 

Bolton tend to scrap alot and seem to be quite good at this.

Could'nt watch the game today, how did we actually play?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 pm

RAFA RUES LINESMAN'S BLUNDER
Paul Eaton 30 September 2006 

Rafael Benitez was left to rue an awful decision from the linesman as his side went down to a 2-0 defeat at Bolton this afternoon. 
The referee's assistant wrongly adjudged that Pepe Reina had handled the ball outside his area and awarded a free kick on the edge of the box which Gary Speed fired home after half an hour.

Ivan Campo headed a second goal early in the second half to set the home side up for the three points as Liverpool went down to their third away defeat of the season.

Benitez said: "It's clear that a mistake has been made. Pepe let go of the ball inside the area and then kicked it outside. The linesman was in a bad position. I knew at the time it was a mistake but what can you do?

"Every week we can talk about incidents but nothing changes. It's annoying.

"Up until that point we were controlling almost everything, apart from a couple of long throws which you expect here. The first goal changed things and then we conceded the second too soon in the second half.

"In the last twenty minutes we started losing second balls and then playing too many long balls which don't do anything."

Asked whether this defeat was a major setback to his side's hopes of winning the title this season, the Liverpool boss replied: "Maybe if we talk in a couple of weeks time it will be a different situation.

"We have experience of dealing with these questions. We know what was said when we lost two in a row earlier in the season and then we won two games quickly to change things."
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Lee2k6 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 pm

I still think Dudek needs to be given another chance, even if it's only to make Reina pull his finger out.
Lee2k6

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:54 pm

If we can win at Mancs we will still have a chance. Sometimes its fkn hard trying to be optimistic :(

Villa are drawing 1-1
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:56 pm

chance of wat.....? ???? ???? ???

forget abt winning the prem title dis year ......just concentrate on the next game.....dats our best hope now
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:59 pm

Look at it this way - A point today and a draw at Mancs =2 pts. No points today and a win at Mancs=3pts. FFS someone help me out!
account deleted by request

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:59 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Gerrard is the still the key for me......

Back in the middle or worst case out on the right.....

After all we did search long and hard for wingers over the last 2 years.... Now we have them, we don't seem to want to give them a proper shot at making it good....

Yup !! SG should played in the CM and Free Roles too.
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion