LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:16 pm

bigmick wrote:It's a surprise that he hasn't had an opportunity for long shots when you consider that Birmingham were the only team we've played all season who defend deep :p :D

I still remember the pro's one after another coming on here to justify that remark after the Brum game. Like I said at the time, the manager was taking the p!ss out of the press, and yet we got the "no you can see what he's saying. Voronin on the other hand, he works well between the lines, and Kuyt does the channels blah blah." Come on lads, admit it, he did you all there, sold you one and you called it wrong.

:;):

No, you're entirely right - Birmingham's defence never entered their own half - they were pushed so far up, Maik Taylor was able to hold a whispered conversation with Pepe, whilst holding his hand...

For f*ck's sake - Rafa didn't use Torres because his main strength is getting in behind the opposition defence. If said defence does not venture more than 6 yards off their own goal line, the main threat is negated.

Why is this still an issue several months on? Why the little sarcastic digs at every opportunity?
Shall I reference the utter b*llocks you and a certain little precious nobody from Ladyboy Land kept spouting about rotation not working, and that we'd never click until Rafa "woke up and stopped being so stubborn"? No - because I'll get banned if I do. Where has this argument gone? The way of zonal marking - right up the protagonist's ar*eholes.
I recieved a boatload of stick from the ignorant, bigoted tw*ts on here who believed they knew more than a proven coach, and that rotation was the problem. Have I even once said "Ha ha - you thick c*nts - I was right, and you were wrong!"?

No, because gloating is a sign of insecurity, Mick - now stop it. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:06 pm

:D I luv it when Lando holds back
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:56 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:No, you're entirely right - Birmingham's defence never entered their own half - they were pushed so far up, Maik Taylor was able to hold a whispered conversation with Pepe, whilst holding his hand...

For f*ck's sake - Rafa didn't use Torres because his main strength is getting in behind the opposition defence. If said defence does not venture more than 6 yards off their own goal line, the main threat is negated.

Why is this still an issue several months on? Why the little sarcastic digs at every opportunity?
Shall I reference the utter b*llocks you and a certain little precious nobody from Ladyboy Land kept spouting about rotation not working, and that we'd never click until Rafa "woke up and stopped being so stubborn"? No - because I'll get banned if I do. Where has this argument gone? The way of zonal marking - right up the protagonist's ar*eholes.
I recieved a boatload of stick from the ignorant, bigoted tw*ts on here who believed they knew more than a proven coach, and that rotation was the problem. Have I even once said "Ha ha - you thick c*nts - I was right, and you were wrong!"?

No, because gloating is a sign of insecurity, Mick - now stop it. :no

:talktothehand C'mon Lando give us a bit of slack here. The team is one best run of form since Rafa took over, all the while rotating and twisting and turning the formation, so I've gotta have a go about something else haven't I  :D

Now FWIW I think Rafa didn't play Torres against Birmingham for three reasons, none of which were anything at all to do with Birmingham defending deep. Reason one was the main reason, I think he giving his star striker another week off as he thought like most of us that we would trounce Birmingham without Torres. Number two, was because the Spaniard didn't do a tap in midweek away to Porto and it was a way of giving him a kick up the erse. Number three was a finger to the press who questioned the decision (rightly as it turned out) to leave Torres on the bench at Pompey.

Now obviously we didn't trounce Birmingham, and in the press conference the first question is "why didn't you play Torres?". Rafa spins the nonsense about them defending deep, playing between the lines etc etc. That's how I saw it at the time, he was taking the p!ss out of the press, no more, no less.

If you look at the initial "sarcastic dig", it is done with smileys and not really intended as a dig at you and you alone. There were plenty who tried to make sense of the comments at the time, not just you mate. Sorry if it and I p!ssed you off though, that wasn't the intention.

As for the rotation, I apprecuiate your reluctance to gloat about the successes of the system to me and that bloke from "ladyboyland"  :laugh:, but I don't think it's because you're being nice to us mate if I'm totally honest. I think it's because like the rest of us you are waiting until the proof is conclusive, which it is far from being at the moment as we all know.

What we are currently proving is that it is possible to win games and win them well while rotating. We are also proving conclusively that it is posssible to play with fluency and rhythm while rotating. Whether we ultimately prove that mass rotation Rafa style is the way to achive a finishing position i the League which is a fair indication of the teams abilities remains to be seen. A month ago rotation was dead in the water, now it is the panacea. Such is football. My feeling is that even if we continue to play as well as we currently are, the mistakes we have already made in the League will ultimately cost us the title, but we'll see.

The one thing I disagree with you about is gloating being a sign of insecurity. Should we win the title and you gloat about the fact that me the bloke from ladyboyland  :D calling it wrong, I won't think you are insecure at all. I would expect it, such has been the depth of the trenches which have been dug. I would expect it, and respect it (I'll also have the compensation of course that if we do win the title although it proved me clueless, we did win the title ). If on the other hand, we do finish ten, twelve points off the top, I won't be gloating. I will though be pointing out that we didn't give ourselves the best chance. No insecurity involved in that.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:55 pm

As for the rotation, I apprecuiate your reluctance to gloat about the successes of the system to me and that bloke from "ladyboyland"  :laugh:, but I don't think it's because you're being nice to us mate if I'm totally honest. I think it's because like the rest of us you are waiting until the proof is conclusive, which it is far from being at the moment as we all know.

Ah yes, that's my case. Until I see the logs and barrels of the antirotation ship scattered and floating, while their sailors all in the water, I won't claim the antirotation ship is destroyed. But worry not, despite I'm certain of the rotation ship final victory, I'll have mercy with the valiant enemy sailors, the sailors that sticked to their guns until the last day. The fickle ones though will be send as food for the sharks. :D

In fact, pretty much like you knew at the start of the season that harder times would come, I know the rose tinted days are limited in newkit aswell, things will change along the season.

BTW, I have to clarify that in my case your comments came across like "a bit of joking" I didn't find anything offensive in them. I hope my telescope and ship comments also come across that funny manner aswell, that was my intention!
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:59 pm

I think the anti rotation boys are FICKLE meself :laugh:

Sorry gents only kiddin. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 pm

:laugh: :D At Igor and Sabes. Funnily enough, the fickle one is the one that kills me. I've been going on about rotation for three seasons now, through Champions league successes, FA Cup wins and beaten finalists, banging on about it again and again. Then people come on here and call me fickle  :D

Whether or not I'm wrong, deluded or clueless will be proven one way or another over the next few months, but fickle? nah  :laugh:
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:07 am

john craig wrote:
s@int wrote:I was just interested to know if he had power in his locker. Lack of power hasn't stopped Owen from scoring regularly, but it does effect in what areas he presents the greater danger.

Think this debate was touched on in another thread s@int.

I think it was StMike who was saying Torres reminded him of Henry the way he glided past players.  I reckon he is similar to Henry in that respect but I pointed out he has yet to threaten scoring from outside the box - something that Henry was also very good at.  As a side note Torres is on the other hand a real aerial threat unlike Henry.

But going back to your point about power, Torres is a big six foot plus athletic player who is strong on the ball.  This added to his undoubted technique makes it hard for me to believe that he couldn't rifle the odd one in from outside the box.

I think the simple fact is that at the moment he doesn't need to shoot from long range.  He just prefers to take the man on or pass and move when in those positions.

After watching a few youtube clips I think you are right mate, he can hit a ball second goal  he hits it
account deleted by request

Postby Scottbot » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:30 am

Better than Parliament in here :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:03 am

Thailand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g
t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g
t;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nottingham, enough said really after yet another sad little rant from a sad little man, ffs lando let it go, its not good for you health to have such jealousy
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:22 pm

ImageImage

Pics ripped from TLW

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:34 pm

s@int wrote:ImageImage

Pics ripped from TLW

Do you think he could be better Saint?

Scary when you think about it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:49 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Do you think he could be better Saint?

He's certainly a lot faster than Kenny and has a lot of similarities talent wise, but whether he has Kenny's football brain or passing is doubtful.

Would be great if he did become as good though.

He reminds me of different great Liverpool players every time I see him :D , he has the talent to be as good as any.

Postby Scottbot » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:38 pm

s@int wrote:

He's certainly a lot faster than Kenny and has a lot of similarities talent wise, but whether he has Kenny's football brain or passing is doubtful.

He reminds me of different great Liverpool players every time I see him :D , he has the talent to be as good as any.

Plus he doesn't have Kenny's fat ar.se! :D
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:58 pm

I'll compare Torres with Dalglish when he wins a league for Liverpool. Other than that, right now it's just similar pictures.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:09 pm

Scottbot wrote:
s@int wrote:

Plus he doesn't have Kenny's fat ar.se! :D

:D

he has a long way to go to reach kennys class
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion