BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - Swiftly moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:07 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Didn't Degen also suffer a knock? which was why he was taken off? no? and in the only other game he played in, wasn't he subbed off due to injury as well?

Degen's out for four weeks according to .tv

So, it's a big decision for Rafa: push Carra over to RB and have Sami partner Agger or blood Darby.  The former's the safer option and Sami will be great for dealing with Bolton's Route 1 style.  But, I kind of hope that Rafa gives the young lad a game.  With Carra next to him and Kuyt in front of him, he should have plenty of help and we might just get a sense of how close he is to breaking through.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Redman in wales wrote:confirmed... Degan out for 4 weeks.

Thank f.uck for that  :p
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Didn't Degen also suffer a knock? which was why he was taken off? no? and in the only other game he played in, wasn't he subbed off due to injury as well?

So, it's a big decision for Rafa: push Carra over to RB and have Sami partner Agger or blood Darby.  The former's the safer option and Sami will be great for dealing with Bolton's Route 1 style.  But, I kind of hope that Rafa gives the young lad a game.  With Carra next to him and Kuyt in front of him, he should have plenty of help and we might just get a sense of how close he is to breaking through.

I don't think this is the game to be gambling Bob. Bolton may not be the team they were but they are still a threat at home. I can think of better games to give Darby his chance. I would play safe and go with Hyypia, and the more I think about it, I would probably go with only the one upfront too. Maybe that one depends on just how sharp Torres is in training though.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:33 pm

metalhead wrote:
Judge wrote:is arbeloa injured?

suspended

FFS, can't you keep up with whats happening?! :angry:  :D

i have a job you know  :wwww
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Judge wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Judge wrote:is arbeloa injured?

suspended

FFS, can't you keep up with whats happening?! :angry:  :D

i have a job you know  :wwww

Now thats cold! cold response!!! :angry:  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:22 pm

calkop wrote:
aCe' wrote:chances are if we dont get the job done in the 1st 60,70 mins or so we wont win the game anyways... we dont create many chances and we look way more comfortable holding a lead than coming from behind or trying to snatch one...

Have you been watching any of our games this year?  We have been exactly the opposite.  Watch the Man City, Manure, 'boro, Athletico at Anfield and Marseille games.  Then watch Pompey and Athletico away and get back to me.  Besides the bitters and West brom games we have looked far from comfortable when leading.  We almost tend to wait to step up a gear until we go behind.  That being said, I hope we score early and often at the Reebok.  I would go with:

Reina

Carra  Hyypia  Agger Aurelio

Kuyt  Gerrard  Alonso  Riera

Keane      Torres

I would love to see Darby at right back, but the Reebok might not be the place to give him a start.  He does tend to look a skinny to me and with Bolton's history of physical football it might just be the safe bet to put Carra out there and possibly bring Darby off the bench.  On the other side, I really want to see Insua given a run in the team.  I think he could be better than both Aurelio and Dossena, he just needs to be given the chance.  This is his third year here now.  Rafa give him a chance.

:O
Have you only started watchin Liverpool this season ?!
We'v been lucky to come back in most of those games... dodgy penalties, sending offs..etc etc... don't think its something we should be all excited about because even in those games we'v won we havent been entirely convincing going forward...
Again imo we'r way more comfortable defending a lead than we are coming from behind and id much rather we start games attacking smaller teams and scoring then easing it a little because we seem to play our best football when we'r leading and comfortable...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:27 pm

s@int wrote:I would play safe and go with Hyypia, and the more I think about it, I would probably go with only the one upfront too. Maybe that one depends on just how sharp Torres is in training though.

:nod
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:48 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I don't think this is the game to be gambling Bob. Bolton may not be the team they were but they are still a threat at home. I can think of better games to give Darby his chance. I would play safe and go with Hyypia, and the more I think about it, I would probably go with only the one upfront too. Maybe that one depends on just how sharp Torres is in training though.

You're probably right, mate.  Safety first.  I'm sure the young lad will get another shot given that our back-up rightback seems to be both made of glass and a little rubbish.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

Holy Cr@p, Degen is worse than Sam Jackson's character in Unbreakable.
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:33 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:confirmed... Degan out for 4 weeks.

Thank f.uck for that  :p

Tell you what, he's proving to be a top signing is that lad. Garbage when he's fit, and he's able to take part one game in ten.

What with him on one side, Dossena on the other and the reserve goalie, it's a good job that Riera has been a good pick. Keane I should think we all knew would eventually turn out to be at the very least a solid signing (not withstanding the fee), but some of the others look a tad suspect at this point.

I've said it a few times now and i mkae no apologies for repeating myself here. When we signed Cavaglieri or whatever the feck his name is, I asked whether we wouldn't be better off signing a seasoned old pro who'd done the rounds and who you'd know you could depend on. I can't beleve there aren't and weren't better goalkeepers much closer to home who could have been picked up on a free. Similarly with Dossena and Deggan, is it really the case that there's nobody at all playing in the professional leagues in the UK that isn't a better bet than either of these two?

Very often you can scour the World for something, only to discover that what you are looking for was in front of your nose all along. I've never seen this kid Darby play, but feck me he wouldn't have to that good to have a shout surely? Similarly at left back, 7 million quid for this Italian lad? He simply MUST be much better than he is currently showing or I cannot possibly see why anyone would want to sign him for such a fee. Lets hope he starts to show it soon.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Totally agree with you on the keeper front - Loads went for cheap this summer - Schwarzer and Freidal to name two and think Niemi was a free to somewhere - the prob is they would know coming to us they would be second choice and no one will replace pepe so would of been hard for anyone to come - only other thing would of been to promote martin to back up as he looks solid .

Degen - guess got to give him a chance but just seems fragile so no matter how good he is or isnt is no bloody use . did seem good going forward but poor defending - that might of been down to lack of playing

Dossena- i hope its just a confidence with him as he is playing for italy at the moment so he must have something about him and at some points has looked ok but wed was a shocker.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:33 pm

bigmick wrote:I've said it a few times now and i mkae no apologies for repeating myself here. When we signed Cavaglieri or whatever the feck his name is, I asked whether we wouldn't be better off signing a seasoned old pro who'd done the rounds and who you'd know you could depend on. I can't beleve there aren't and weren't better goalkeepers much closer to home who could have been picked up on a free.

Same here, i like your back-up keeps to be an older English/British guy who's been there and done it. I know we went in for Maik Talyor before shelling out for this guy and he would have fitted the bill for me. Failing that someone like Steve Harper would have been a nice pick in my eyes.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:42 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

good post mate, after the perforfance in the cc it"s to big a game to gamble on any fringe/young player, my blood pressure wouldn"t stand it!! i"m sorry if people disagree with me on this, but this is a game we cannot afford to feck about in, -pressing the panic button i hear you say, no i"m not but what i will say is that the senior players need to demonstrate to the fringe players that the standard they need to reach before even being considered before playing in the fist team again is of a different class/level to what was produced against spurs.

Let"s face it imho no fringe player deserves another chance at a first team place in the near future, they need to be taught a lesson,which i hope they have well & truley learnt!

as for the game tomorrow, i"m confident we can go there & get a result,as bolton are a totally different side under megson & are more vunrable even at home to sides who have alot of pace about them, with counter attacks etc.

so let"s play to our strenghts, go at them from the kick off & if torres playes from the start give him the service he needs to help him regain full fitness a.s.a.p, as the spurs game did him no favours what so ever!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Im most prob gonna get a caining here but i would go with Darby . Keep the pairing of Carra an Agger , Sammi looked a bit suspect the other night . I honestly think Darbys up to the job here, He comes forward nicely good on the tackle an has a brain. I rate this lad a lot so im gonna be championing his cause.

Haysey have a whiskey to calm the nerves if he plays  :laugh: dont worry he will do the shirt proud
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:37 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Im most prob gonna get a caining here but i would go with Darby . Keep the pairing of Carra an Agger , Sammi looked a bit suspect the other night . I honestly think Darbys up to the job here, He comes forward nicely good on the tackle an has a brain. I rate this lad a lot so im gonna be championing his cause.

Haysey have a whiskey to calm the nerves if he plays  :laugh: dont worry he will do the shirt proud

thanks NR sounds a good idea to me  :D  as for darby fai enough i shall take your word for it, & trust you on this one if he get"s the nod  :D .
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion