BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - Swiftly moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:30 pm

We cant possibly keep creating as many chances as we have been with out taking them, someone is due an absolute thrashing and I feel it is going to be Bolton 0-5 :) Some of our football this season has been better than we have played in years ( Spurs in the League springs to mind even though we lost ) and as long as we don't get to involved in a dirty physical game and let them drag us down to their level then I really feel we will tw@t the sh!t out of them.
destro

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Reina
Degen,Carra,Agger,Aurelio
Kuyt,Gerrard,Masch,Riera
        Keane,Torres

I think that Degen will be ok on the right, as long as Kuyt plays there too.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Id have this dog a stand by for a full back he does more chasing than any of our two did last night :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On1Tfq5age8

Any idea what this was shot for?

But besides that, that dog is one crazy defender.  Ignored Torres completely and kept his eye on the ball, they making a dog footie league now?  Looks like he was brought up since birth to play.
SupitsJonF

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

I know Gerrard at right back sounds crazy, but what about Mascherano at right back?  I seriously think we could be better off in a non Arbeloa situation with one of them at right back and the other partnering Alonso. These players are too good to be on the subs bench while Degen starts.
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Mash at right back ???? no no no no no no . Degen looked lots better in second half last night and looked threatening going forward - with better players around him think he will do a solid jjob - it was the guys first start in a proper game for how long ??
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:29 pm

Isn't Arbeloa suspended? If so I'd go for this:

Reina

Carra    Hyypia    Agger    Aurelio

Alonso      Masch

Kuyt            Gerrard          Riera

Keane

Nothing but a win will suffice
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Didn't Degen also suffer a knock? which was why he was taken off? no? and in the only other game he played in, wasn't he subbed off due to injury as well?
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Have to wait and see - if he isnt fit then bring in darby . but none of this moving players from their positions - esp world class players at that
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Funnily enough Gerrard at right back caused some consternation, and I certainly wouldn't play him there myself, but he is a fantastic right back if called upon. He started his career there, as well as stepping into the breach in Istanbul without any problem at all. I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever that if he were a right back, he would be a World class player.

It's a bit like when he plays right midfield. Many don't like him there as they feel he is a more natural central midfielder (and they may even be right), but there is no question that when he plays right midfield he is a World class right midfielder.

All that said he won't play at right back, I'm just making the point that it's not as daft as it sounds. Masherano there is though.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 pm

DARBY             CARRA                     AGGER        AURELIO

KUYT            GERRARD                   ALONSO       REIRA

TORRES                     KEANE .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 am

Igor Zidane wrote:DARBY             CARRA                     AGGER        AURELIO

KUYT            GERRARD                   ALONSO       REIRA

TORRES                     KEANE .

Id go with that, but myabe field a keeper aswell just to be sure.

As destro said before we have been playing some great football and not really winning the way the game should suggest or in the spurs games case, losing. But I think Bolton are going to be on the receiving end of a Liverpool FC back lash.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:38 am

stmichael wrote:Isn't Arbeloa suspended? If so I'd go for this:

Reina

Carra    Hyypia    Agger    Aurelio

Alonso      Masch

Kuyt            Gerrard          Riera

Keane

Nothing but a win will suffice

I'd go with that team too.

Bolton have no pace up front, it will all be high balls to Davies, so playing Hyypia is sensible.  I don't usually think switching about the back 4 to suit the opposition is a good idea, but with Arbeloa out and no decent right back cover, Carra to the right and bringing the big man in for this seems the thing to do.

Torres doesn't look anywhere near full match sharpness, so an introduction for Keane in the second half would do me.

Bolton have won a couple on the trot and confidence is high there, this won't be easy.  I'd take a 1-0 or 2-1 to us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:12 am

Hyypia stays in, Carragher at RB. Aurelio left back.

If Bolton are going to undo us, it'll probably be from a set piece. I feel Darby would get rough treatment if he started and may be too much of a gamble in that respect. Carragher's more than capable at RB, and Hyypia will be protected with top quality players this time - something he wasn't afforded (and needed) the other night.

That's by far our best option, IMO.

Ahead of that, I'd prefer Torres start alongside Keane, but won't mind if Keane's the lone striker and Torres comes on later.
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:23 am

LFC2007 wrote:Hyypia stays in, Carragher at RB. Aurelio left back.

If Bolton are going to undo us, it'll probably be from a set piece. I feel Darby would get rough treatment if he started and may be too much of a gamble in that respect. Carragher's more than capable at RB, and Hyypia will be protected with top quality players this time - something he wasn't afforded (and needed) the other night.

That's by far our best option, IMO.

Ahead of that, I'd prefer Torres start alongside Keane, but won't mind if Keane's the lone striker and Torres comes on later.

surely if Torres is fit enough to takes some part - any part- in the game he should start ! never understood the whole thing with bringing players who are fit on as subs instead of starting them then taking them off... better for the player, the team..etc etc ... not like we'll keep him on the bench if we'r winning or anything hes our best striker and we'll need him involved and scoring as soon as possible... start him even if he isnt ready to play 90 mins then take him off when he's had enough... chances are if we dont get the job done in the 1st 60,70 mins or so we wont win the game anyways... we dont create many chances and we look way more comfortable holding a lead than coming from behind or trying to snatch one...

anyways id go for this lineup

Reina

Carragher        Hyypia          Agger         Aurelio

Pennant          Gerrard         Alonso         Riera

Keane         Torres

now i know chances are Pennant wont even be on the bench but i feel with Arbeloa not available and Degen and Darby not likely to start anytime soon, carragher is our only option down the right side... Kuyt cuts in way too often and down the right in a 4-4-2 he's been dissapointing and many have commented on that... he doesnt offer much in terms of width and movement down the flank...
Benayoun would be another option but dont think he'd be the right player to offer us balance in this game... Anyways... they have Gardner playing down the left wing if im not wrong so shouldnt be much of a problem but i really think that Pennant could offer us a good outlet down the right if hes played with the rightback situation we seem to have atm...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am

Bam wrote:
lakes10 wrote:ok so back to real football.

well we will win this one easy 10-0 to us....by half time, 50-0 by full time.

who says i am never posative lol

I never realised people thought you were negative, just an idiot.  :D

:D  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion