BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL - Swiftly moving on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:26 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Bam wrote:
lakes10 wrote:ok so back to real football.

well we will win this one easy 10-0 to us....by half time, 50-0 by full time.

who says i am never posative lol

I never realised people thought you were negative, just an idiot.  :D

:D  :D

look at the stargate lookalikes having banter :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:27 pm

bolton 0 2 liverpool torres, torres
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Not looking forward to this one
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 pm

I reckon Reina could do with a break so here is my team

Gerrard
Mascha  Hypia  Carra  Aurelio
Kuyt  Alonso  Plessis  Reira
           Torres Keane

:p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The_Rock » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 pm

We got bigger fish to fry....lets put the mickey mouse cup defeat to sleep and beat bolton.

Don't think bolton will be easy..... but i think we can win (or at worst draw this game).

Wouldn't like to see dossena play this game.....He needs a few games in reserves to sort out his confidence.....

Reina
    Arbeloa    Hyppia    Carra   Agger
                   Alonso   Mash
           Gerrard                   Riera
                        Keane
                        Torres
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

aCe' wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Hyypia stays in, Carragher at RB. Aurelio left back.

If Bolton are going to undo us, it'll probably be from a set piece. I feel Darby would get rough treatment if he started and may be too much of a gamble in that respect. Carragher's more than capable at RB, and Hyypia will be protected with top quality players this time - something he wasn't afforded (and needed) the other night.

That's by far our best option, IMO.

Ahead of that, I'd prefer Torres start alongside Keane, but won't mind if Keane's the lone striker and Torres comes on later.

surely if Torres is fit enough to takes some part - any part- in the game he should start ! never understood the whole thing with bringing players who are fit on as subs instead of starting them then taking them off... better for the player, the team..etc etc ... not like we'll keep him on the bench if we'r winning or anything hes our best striker and we'll need him involved and scoring as soon as possible... start him even if he isnt ready to play 90 mins then take him off when he's had enough... chances are if we dont get the job done in the 1st 60,70 mins or so we wont win the game anyways... we dont create many chances and we look way more comfortable holding a lead than coming from behind or trying to snatch one...

anyways id go for this lineup

Reina

Carragher        Hyypia          Agger         Aurelio

Pennant          Gerrard         Alonso         Riera

Keane         Torres

now i know chances are Pennant wont even be on the bench but i feel with Arbeloa not available and Degen and Darby not likely to start anytime soon, carragher is our only option down the right side... Kuyt cuts in way too often and down the right in a 4-4-2 he's been dissapointing and many have commented on that... he doesnt offer much in terms of width and movement down the flank...
Benayoun would be another option but dont think he'd be the right player to offer us balance in this game... Anyways... they have Gardner playing down the left wing if im not wrong so shouldnt be much of a problem but i really think that Pennant could offer us a good outlet down the right if hes played with the rightback situation we seem to have atm...

Spot on , i'd go with that team except that kuyt in for pennant , missed his energy the other night . A player we have to beware of is elamander who's a skillful player who can cause problems to our back four
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Reina
                     Darby          Carra          Agger       Aurellio

Gerrard         Mascha      Alonso       Reira

Torres       Keane

With Dossena as sub so if were getting beat we can bring him on to be our scapegoat:laugh:
roberto green

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
aCe' wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Hyypia stays in, Carragher at RB. Aurelio left back.

If Bolton are going to undo us, it'll probably be from a set piece. I feel Darby would get rough treatment if he started and may be too much of a gamble in that respect. Carragher's more than capable at RB, and Hyypia will be protected with top quality players this time - something he wasn't afforded (and needed) the other night.

That's by far our best option, IMO.

Ahead of that, I'd prefer Torres start alongside Keane, but won't mind if Keane's the lone striker and Torres comes on later.

surely if Torres is fit enough to takes some part - any part- in the game he should start ! never understood the whole thing with bringing players who are fit on as subs instead of starting them then taking them off... better for the player, the team..etc etc ... not like we'll keep him on the bench if we'r winning or anything hes our best striker and we'll need him involved and scoring as soon as possible... start him even if he isnt ready to play 90 mins then take him off when he's had enough... chances are if we dont get the job done in the 1st 60,70 mins or so we wont win the game anyways... we dont create many chances and we look way more comfortable holding a lead than coming from behind or trying to snatch one...

anyways id go for this lineup

Reina

Carragher        Hyypia          Agger         Aurelio

Pennant          Gerrard         Alonso         Riera

Keane         Torres

now i know chances are Pennant wont even be on the bench but i feel with Arbeloa not available and Degen and Darby not likely to start anytime soon, carragher is our only option down the right side... Kuyt cuts in way too often and down the right in a 4-4-2 he's been dissapointing and many have commented on that... he doesnt offer much in terms of width and movement down the flank...
Benayoun would be another option but dont think he'd be the right player to offer us balance in this game... Anyways... they have Gardner playing down the left wing if im not wrong so shouldnt be much of a problem but i really think that Pennant could offer us a good outlet down the right if hes played with the rightback situation we seem to have atm...

Spot on , i'd go with that team except that kuyt in for pennant , missed his energy the other night . A player we have to beware of is elamander who's a skillful player who can cause problems to our back four

Yea Kuyt is probably going to start down the right alon with Carra... but quite honestly a Carra, Kuyt combination down the right side seems very very limited... Width, dribling, overlappig, hell even crossing, movement, pass and go, cutbacks from byline.... can't see either of them doing that... Arbeloa while not being the greatest of rightbacks has been doing very well this season and has been very lively doing the right side... he goes forward and crosses alot... we'll miss him against bolton imo...
Kuyt's only attacking contribution to the team is in the goals he scores... usually when he moves deeper inside as a support striker with Arbeloa responsible for the right side... cant see Carra offering much going forward to be honest so unless Kuyt steps up his game and starts playing like a real right winger id much rather have a real winger there .. Pennant...  :p
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:26 pm

is arbeloa injured?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Judge wrote:is arbeloa injured?

suspended

FFS, can't you keep up with whats happening?! :angry:  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:48 pm

just check the match info threads :D   you can see that Arbeloa has 6 cards, 5 from the premier league, meaning a 1 match suspension.
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:59 pm

The_Rock wrote:We got bigger fish to fry....lets put the mickey mouse cup defeat to sleep and beat bolton.

Don't think bolton will be easy..... but i think we can win (or at worst draw this game).

Wouldn't like to see dossena play this game.....He needs a few games in reserves to sort out his confidence.....

Reina
    Arbeloa    Hyppia    Carra   Agger
                   Alonso   Mash
           Gerrard                   Riera
                        Keane
                        Torres

Arbeloa is suspended , agger as left back ?!?! he is a cb nothing else - aurelio is doing well there .

Also amazes me how many people are dropping kuyt when he is proving to be one of our best and important players this season so far .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby calkop » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:41 pm

aCe' wrote:chances are if we dont get the job done in the 1st 60,70 mins or so we wont win the game anyways... we dont create many chances and we look way more comfortable holding a lead than coming from behind or trying to snatch one...

Have you been watching any of our games this year?  We have been exactly the opposite.  Watch the Man City, Manure, 'boro, Athletico at Anfield and Marseille games.  Then watch Pompey and Athletico away and get back to me.  Besides the bitters and West brom games we have looked far from comfortable when leading.  We almost tend to wait to step up a gear until we go behind.  That being said, I hope we score early and often at the Reebok.  I would go with:

Reina

Carra  Hyypia  Agger Aurelio

Kuyt  Gerrard  Alonso  Riera

Keane      Torres

I would love to see Darby at right back, but the Reebok might not be the place to give him a start.  He does tend to look a skinny to me and with Bolton's history of physical football it might just be the safe bet to put Carra out there and possibly bring Darby off the bench.  On the other side, I really want to see Insua given a run in the team.  I think he could be better than both Aurelio and Dossena, he just needs to be given the chance.  This is his third year here now.  Rafa give him a chance.
calkop

Postby Zidane » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:43 pm

We'll do well if Torres doesn't come out flat as in the CC, even though everyone stunk he didn't seem like he wanted to play that day.
Zidane

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:52 pm

confirmed... Degan out for 4 weeks.

So its either Darby or Carra at RB......
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion