BLACKBURN ROVERS VS LIVERPOOL - All pre-match comments here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:50 pm

Warnock injury was being reported as a dead leg from TV pundits that i was listening to
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:51 pm

Rafa just said if fowler keeps scoring....It would make his decision easier (to offer him a contract)....

Remember to keep your word rafa  :D

Sparky is now questioning the off-side rule  :no  Get over it sparky. U ain't a class manager.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:54 pm

i think fowler will be here next season....

Rafa just mentioned if he gives fowler a contract extention...it would be good for him (rafa)...it would be good for fowler and it would be good for the fans... :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:56 pm

i think fowler will be here next season....

Me too !!! :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:56 pm

fowler is currently, undisputably, our best striker now -let alone the three dissallowed goals of him
rafa must keep him
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:57 pm

Sissoko is putting up MoM performances in every matches hes playing :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:00 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:fowler is currently, undisputably, our best striker now -let alone the three dissallowed goals of him
rafa must keep him

cool avatar......  :bowdown
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:02 pm

drummerphil wrote:sissoko ....mom by a mile

Deffo .

Don't know why it was awarded to Alonso , I thought he was below his usual standard . Blackburns hustle and bustle approach found him out a bit . Lost count of how many times he had the ball taken off him as he dwelt on it .

Momo was immense and the lads still only 21 ! his potential is frightening .  :buttrock   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:05 pm

Hyypia, Carragher and Sissoko were immense. Momo showed a lot of restraint not to go lunging in second half which was good to see. He's gonna be a beast for us is this lad though, what a great prospect. As I always say, he needs to work on a few things but he's getting better every game.

Was a bit worrying how we couldn't keep the ball second half (we missed Crouch big style) but I suppose that's a minor gripe as there haven't been many games where we've struggled in that aspect this season.

Bring on the classless c#nts on Saturday....  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:14 pm

cisse's display is also getting better
he looks more convenient in his position
despite not being put in his original position, he just looks more threatening than nando

@the rock
cheers, mate
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:20 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:cisse's display is also getting better
despite not being put in his original position, he just looks more threatening than nando

disagree............Cisse should have scored at least two today,but for a striker he has feck all composure.........him and Nando are as bad as one another.......
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:20 pm

despite being happy with the win i think some of the player markings being handed out here are pretty generous. we were the better team in the first half but second half we coouldn't get hold of the ball at all. blackburn were playing decent possession football, plenty of passing and movement and getting around our box far too often. if it wasn't for our great defence we might not have got much out of the game. meanwhile we seemed to be reduced to the dreaded hoof and long ball too many times. cisse should have scored too goals but showed no composure whatsoever. if we're going to nick second spot and get to the FA cup final we'll have to do a lot better than that. the good news is that we know we can.

having said all that, it's great to see robbie scoring again. great movement, great finish and nice assist from morientes aswell. the cameo from cisse was hilarious. kewell again looked like the most dangerous player when he came on and was the only one asking any questions of their defence. a good win but not particularly well played.

top marks to the travelling fans outsinging the home fans throughout the game. and top marks to everyone for the impeccably observed silence.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:20 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:cisse's display is also getting better

Great to see cisse getting some credit. We all know he ain't gonna be here next season..so lets just get behind him.

I am getting rather sick of "cisse has no tactical awareness, no brain...etc" stick.

Cisse is an important member of our team...He can help us win the FA cup.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:31 pm

Fantastic result, that was a must win if we want to keep our chances for 2nd. SO many positives at the moment. Fowlers back, 4 goals in 5 games now. We can only keep winning now and that is what we are doing, if we keep it up then we can hope for a man u slip up in their games and try to snatch 2nd. 2nd place and FA cup would be a fantastic season for me, our works not over if we want to achieve this. We could still come away with just 3rd place..
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby redmikey » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:52 pm

great atmos today at the game, i would love lfc to release an away season ticket for games like today..

fowler will stay. rafa is being coy with the media but anyone can see that even if we do sign a young talent up front he can do a job for us when needed.

cissie to play for the french national team alongside henry is a joke, even outwide henry would have had a hattrick today, great pace admitted but what is the point if you don't keep calm when you get there.

i would like to see neill put to death by flogging for another terrible challange on a lfc player, what is his problem with us ????

xabi and momo answer alot of questions to what would we do if SG got injured, i hope stevie comes back and plays outwide to torment chelski on saturday
redmikey
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion