LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Why should I leave? If you just know I won't be posting on here, unless I feel the need to , I will use it for source based reading instead.
74-1160487249

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Jerzy wrote:Why should I leave?

because you are banned
112-1077774096

Postby GOAT » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:04 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:I'm sick of all of this bollocks.

Get back to topic FFS. It took me fuckin ages to type my post a couple of pages back and now the thread has just been ruined by childish squabbles. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular but I'm sick of logging on and reading the same stuff.

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep

Oasis, I'm sure everyone would agree that you would be 100% respected if you left this forum in peace and never returned.

This guy is the only one talkin sense and hes like 15 or something, what the f.ucks the point in this bloody arguin, get back to topic, i come on to read some good posts about the game and find all this pointless sh.ite!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:33 pm

peewee wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:Reina

Finnan       Carragher   Agger   Aurelio

Gerrard      Alonso       Sissoko  Riise

Kuyt        Crouch/Bellamy

looks good to me but i think it wont help reians confidence putting him near the corner flag, his positioning is bad as it is withot handiapping him even more

:D

:D Fecks sake it's fot to be said I am absolutely sh!te on computers. It was all OK or so I thought and I just sent it in. Feck knows how I did that.  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:40 pm

I just wish we would have more of a positive attitude.  I mean u look at Utd and Arsenal.  It doesnt matter who they play home or away they play the same attacking way getting plenty bodies forward.
puroresu

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:43 pm

peewee wrote:
Jerzy wrote:Why should I leave?

because you are banned

Not from where I'm sitting, I'm not.
74-1160487249

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:43 pm

Can everybody please remember the topic title and stick to that?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:44 pm

Sorry!
74-1160487249

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:51 pm

GOAT wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:I'm sick of all of this bollocks.

Get back to topic FFS. It took me fuckin ages to type my post a couple of pages back and now the thread has just been ruined by childish squabbles. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular but I'm sick of logging on and reading the same stuff.

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep

Oasis, I'm sure everyone would agree that you would be 100% respected if you left this forum in peace and never returned.

This guy is the only one talkin sense and hes like 15 or something, what the f.ucks the point in this bloody arguin, get back to topic, i come on to read some good posts about the game and find all this pointless sh.ite!

i agree m8. its a bore coming on here and trawling through all the attention seeking kindergarten drivel. there again, in essence thats the purpose of a public forum i suppose. to swap points of view, from whichever standpoint they are derived. sad to say, but possibly without exclusion either....though you'd be forgiven for expecting any banter to be purely football related. its bloody infuriating though and totally unavoidable to have pick your way through the PMT to discover any decent debate when those heads shouting loudest above the parapit are the ones with the least substance, yet get the most recognition and infamy, due to the exposure they end up receiving, controversially generated by their unthought out reactions. why's that? - to become what?  some kind of virtual guru or keyboard gangsta?    more like made a fool of publicly... 

"Liverpool vs Blackburn Rovers" cant be that misleading a title, you can call your PM's by any heading you like...why not try it.

id rather keep me trap shut than put the effort in nowadays. unless i fancy a good natter about the Tweenies or Balamory.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:52 pm

I agree and I wouldn't have to if I wasn't insulted everytime I made a football post.
74-1160487249

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:26 pm

Jerzy wrote:I agree and I wouldn't have to if I wasn't insulted everytime I made a football post.

well make one then and if its a coherent one, you'll be in no danger will you..

Gen. chat and the Paranoid clinic's that way ----------->
Last edited by red37 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:57 pm

The bottom line is, we should've won that game with the amount of possession we had and we created enough chances. Crouch should've scored twice at least in the first half.

We've been margianally above average OVERALL this all season but still should have won just about every game we've played in.

Perhaps it is the team unit attitude that isn't good enough. I'm not sure.Add to that poor referring and poor finishing then yeah... mid-table is about right...

We came third last season by one point , but that means we were STILL third. We need to stop thinking of ourselves as title contenders from the start and take and win EACH GAME as it comes. I'm still positive because , like I said , no-one has (except Gala in the 2nd half) been the better team in any of our matches IMHO.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:27 pm

Very dissapointed with yesterdays performance. We simply didn't look interested in the first half and i  spent most of the first 45mins wondering if any of these players had EVER played together. The second was an improvement as the lads seemed to find a bit of purpose which finally got the crowd into the game but even then Blackburn were good for their point. I'm surprised at the criticism Pennant is getting. While his final ball was lacking yesterday he was the ONLY player who looked any kind of a threat during the first half yesterday. Swapping Aurelio and Riise around at half-time made a difference (as a few others have said) and Riise's play on the wing merely confirmed that he is the best man for the job in Kewell's absence. He should remain a fixture in that position for the foreseeable future even if it means playing Warnock (who is a superior defender) ahead of Aurelio at Left-back.

I agree with Adam on the Gerrard/Alonso combination. I'm amazed at the persistant calling (on this board and in the press) for Gerrard to play in his (so called) 'preferred centre-mid role'. Gerrard's game has developed massively in the last 2/3 years and i believe he has outgrown the centre-mid position. Gerrard's game use to be all about snapping into tackles, high energy, breaking up the oppositions play and finding the likes of Owen with those wonderful through-balls that worked so well when played a lot deeper under Houllier. But now when i see Gerrard in the middle he doesn't make many tackles, he sits deep and tends to mark space and if things do break down when he gets forward, he doesn't bust a gut to get back and help out Alonso. How many times have we seen Gerrard run back 30/40 yards at full-pelt to make spectactular sliding tackles that get the crowd off their feet? I didn't see much of that in his performance yesterday. I get the impression Stevie sees himself as a high-tempo version of Alonso, sitting deep, getting the ball, giving it, switching play, spraying passes out to the wide-men. The truth is that Alonso is better at this type of game and Gerrard is THE man we need on the end of those searching passes. We need Gerrard running at people and scaring defenders shitless because that's when he becomes the most exciting player in this league (and perhaps any other.) I know there are occasions when he gets a little marginalised out on the right and you're watching the game thinking 'we gotta get him in the middle' but i would like to see him on the right week-in-week-out just like last season. If he has to play in the middle then maybe it needs to be with Sissoko or as part of a midfield-three at the top of a triangle.

The 'where should Gerrard play' debate has been raging on this board since the back end of last season but i would be interested to hear what the 'pro Gerrard in the middle' guys think on the subject based on yesterday's performance.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:31 pm

There's lots of reasons we aren't firing (and I've talked enough about them already) but realistically we don't have a title winning mentality at the moment. If you watch Man Utd or Chelsea in most games, they swarm all over teams if the game isn't going their way. I watched the Man Utd game on the telly yesterday morning and although they were 1-0 down at half-time, such was the intensity and fervour they generated in the first ten minutes of the second half that a comeback was absolutely inevitable. No drifting to an ineveitable defeat, they positively kicked over the statues and trampled upon the walls Wigan attempted to build in front of their goal. We need to develop this mantra and fast if we are to have any chance of challenging this season.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:46 pm

Scottbot wrote:The 'where should Gerrard play' debate has been raging on this board since the back end of last season but i would be interested to hear what the 'pro Gerrard in the middle' guys think on the subject based on yesterday's performance.

I think when Gerrard is in the middle he can be restricted by the greater degree of discipline the role requires, where as when he has that right sided role with license to roam he can wherever he feels he can do most damage. Now some would respond to that and say thats what he used to do from central midfield and they'd be right - but Rafa wants more positional discipline from his central midfield than that IMO.

Gerrard's game has certainly changed in the past few years. Back in the Houllier days, we used to employ a midfield whcih was almost entirely devoid of 'tricky' wide players meaning that manning the centre of the citadel was less onerous a task than if you have Gonzalez and/or Pennant on the pitch. And, of course, he was nursed by Didi or Gary Mac or sometimes both.

In a 4-4-2, for me Gerrard simply doesn't have the discipline to play centre mid in any game where the other side have anything like a stiff midfield. It's my hobby horse that if we could accommodate Momo, Xabi AND Gerrard in a centre-midfield trio we would have something that no team could match in that department. But it wouldn't appear that that's something that's going to happen any time soon, so I don't know what the answer is. Imo it's daft to pi$$ him off by constantly changing his position because you get so much more out of him when he's enjoying himself.

It says something about the guy when he's the best right sided player in the country by a mile, despite the fact that he'll tell you it's not his favourite position.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion