BLACKBURN ROVERS VS LIVERPOOL - All pre-match comments here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Next game will be massive.Blackburn trying to get uefa cup or either champions league so will play with all guns blazing to try to reach totenham and arsenal and in there minds they know 3 points against us will be a huge boost for there hopes for european football next year.

Where as we should and i think we will be trying to win the rest of our remaining games comfortably to keep the pressure on manchester united for 2nd spot. Should be a great game

Sky sports 1 sunday

My team

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Risse

Garcia
Gerrard
Alonso
Kewell

Fowler
Crouch/Morientes

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:55 pm

you can forget morientes, he couldnt score against accrington stanley (he doesnt drink enough milk, as told to me by rushie)

lfc to win 2-0
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:58 pm

--------------------Reina--------------------

Kromkamp-------Agger-----Carragher----Traore

Gerrard---------Alonso-----Hamann-----Riise--

Morientes
                                  Fowler
48-1119859832

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:09 pm

-------------Reina-----------------
Finnan---Carra----Hyypia----Riise
Gerrard---Sissoko--Alonso--Kewell-
------Fowler------Crouch---------

Garcia
Dudek
Kromkamp
Hamann
Cisse
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:12 pm

It'll be interesting to see a rumoured transfer target, Bellamy in action against the meanest defence in the Premiership. He is in absolutely fantastic form at the moment and I can't help thinking that those who completely dismiss him on the grounds that he is a total d!ckhead (though of course he is) are lacking in imagination. His name came up in the rumour thread and he got discussed on there, I think he's worth consideration. Perhaps theres something about me and diminutive welsh strikers I just can't work it out  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Let's hope the scruffy b*stards keep their tackles clean for once.

2 broken legs and a broken ankle in 2 matches against these w*nkers.

This is probably the toughest match remaining, and I'd go all-out to beat the sh*theads.

My idea for the team is this:

Reina
                    JC              Sami          Agger

Kromkamp                       Sissoko                       Riise

Gerrard               Alonso

Fowler
                                            Crouch.

Let's kick some ex-scum a*s. :cool:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:15 pm

I don't think he'll play Sissoko. He'll rest him. Sissoko is going to be vital in the chelsea game so no need to risk him picking up a yellow that would result in a suspension for the Chelsea game. Blackburn are filth too so there is a high probability of him picking up one
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:22 pm

i hope savage breaks his leg, and then his neck in the ensuing impact falling to the ground  :devil: :cool:  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:26 pm

lando, we're bringing back the new special kit, especially for away games at blackburn where we tend to have a record of picking up broken bones.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:14 pm

bigmick wrote:It'll be interesting to see a rumoured transfer target, Bellamy in action against the meanest defence in the Premiership. He is in absolutely fantastic form at the moment and I can't help thinking that those who completely dismiss him on the grounds that he is a total d!ckhead (though of course he is) are lacking in imagination. His name came up in the rumour thread and he got discussed on there, I think he's worth consideration. Perhaps theres something about me and diminutive welsh strikers I just can't work it out  :D

I can see your point but he is absolutely nuts.  Maybe Mark Hughes has calmed him down a bit and they have a good relationship but he is nuts. Trust me on this
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:22 pm

This could be our hardest league game left (even though all our remaining away games look like banana skins).  I wouldn't be happy with a draw because we've been doing well this season, but I wouldn't be surprised this time out to see a 0-0.  I wouldn't play Sissoko because of the yellow card situation, but it would also be sad if Didi got injured before the World Cup.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:38 pm

bigmick wrote:It'll be interesting to see a rumoured transfer target, Bellamy in action against the meanest defence in the Premiership. He is in absolutely fantastic form at the moment and I can't help thinking that those who completely dismiss him on the grounds that he is a total d!ckhead (though of course he is) are lacking in imagination. His name came up in the rumour thread and he got discussed on there, I think he's worth consideration. Perhaps theres something about me and diminutive welsh strikers I just can't work it out  :D

That's a good shout...

There's no disputing his talent.  Watched him against Portsmouth on Saturday and his two goals were top drawer.  The first was sublime: collected the ball at the centre circle, drove down the left channel and lashed an absolute beauty into the top corner (far post)!  The second saw him turn on a dime in the box, in traffic, and rifle the ball past Kiely...brilliant!

The big question mark: does he have the mentality to suit the LFC set up?  And, would Rafa take the risk?  TBH, I doubt he would.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:53 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I don't think he'll play Sissoko. He'll rest him. Sissoko is going to be vital in the chelsea game so no need to risk him picking up a yellow that would result in a suspension for the Chelsea game. Blackburn are filth too so there is a high probability of him picking up one

Weren't all yellows wiped out as of Sunday April 9th?  I thought Rafa rested Sissoko against Bolton for that very reason.  If so, he will definitely play against Blackburn...and I can't wait to see Savage try his usual antics on Momo--he'll get battered!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:02 pm

stmichael wrote:lando, we're bringing back the new special kit, especially for away games at blackburn where we tend to have a record of picking up broken bones.

:D

Ha that old pic resurfaces once again  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:08 pm

0asis wrote:--------------------Reina--------------------

Kromkamp-------Agger-----Carragher----Traore

Gerrard---------Alonso-----Hamann-----Riise--

Morientes
                                  Fowler

:laugh:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next