BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:38 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:2) We're on Prem Plus. For those of us who can't get to every home game we use Sky and well its all fine and dandy when we are shown on regular Sky channels, as soon as you dip into your pocket to see the reds on Prem Plus we lose. Definitely a curse

:D
===============================================

not at all SCS... in recent seasons ive seperately ordered about 7 or 8 premplus games. the vast majority of which were successful  :) 

so what did i do this time?  ordered the season ticket, you know 50 games for 50 quid....and..first up was the stevie g show at the riverside 0-0. ok, should have got 3pts but 1 had to do.
next st.andrews where im fully anticipating lady luck to reside for at least 90 minutes! and god knows she is needed.  :p ( unless ive just put the mocker on it)!!  1-3 'pool. crouch off the mark.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:09 pm

we should win this game...we'll dominate the brums and a 2-0 win to us i reckon :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:13 pm

stmichael wrote:........... if we play one upfront (which we probably will) i fear it will be yet another thrilling 0-0 draw...........

..........we need to be positive..............

Reap what you sow then soft lad and be posotive.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:27 pm

At the risk of being accused of not being "positive" I fear that Brum are due a win and we are due a defeat ??? Brum are not as bad as three consecutive home defeats would suggest and i believe they will be ultra defensive tomorrow so I'm with St Michael on this one and fear another bore draw :blues:

However I don;t believe this "play 2 up front and we will win every game " mentality is as easy as we sometimes think it is or everybody would be doing it.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:28 pm

.. but the question for this forum is.. are ya goin Dalglish .. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:29 pm

a bit of a side issue, I know - according to the Birmingham web site, there are still tickets for tomorrow's game - for home supporters - could you go to a game, without your colours, and not get too excited if we score? In 2 minds, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the money. (Plus you'd have to get up very early on a Saturday morning!)
neilE

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:34 pm

zarababe wrote:.. but the question for this forum is.. are ya goin Dalglish .. :D

Nope  :D

Thasta  win for LFC then  :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:36 pm

:D defo.. I stick with my 2-0 prediction.. Ian's playin daddy this weekend wahay :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:38 pm

Dalglish wrote:
zarababe wrote:.. but the question for this forum is.. are ya goin Dalglish .. :D

Nope  :D

Thasta  win for LFC then  :p

Phewwwwwwww thank god for that  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:41 pm

Ian's playing "I'm not paying £43 for a ticket " this weekend actually :p

Brum are amoungst a few clubs who are taking the proverbial with their over inflated prices for Away fans. Bolton, another club always pleading poverty are another .............

Well the worm has turned and their not getting my hard earned money anymore the parasites.

And they have the cheek to call Scousers thieves !!!!!!!! ???

As an aside, I'm paying £30 for next Weeks CL game against Chelsea at Anfield , a fair price to watch the European Champions and the English premiership holders.

The nearest club to Brum is Aston Villa and they charge Liverpool Fans £25 for a ticket, spot the difference yet ? :angry:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:45 pm

:D lol here we go again.. I hope all the clubs hike the away gate, then our Ian will be DIY'in every saturday, sunday, monday or what ever other day the footies played on :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:48 pm

Despite attending ELEVEN Away games in the Prem last season and one so far this season, a FA Cup tie and a Carling Cup Final I've STILL to witness a LFC AWAY win under Rafa's reign ???

I'm So unlucky , if Dolly Parton had triplets I'd be the one on the Bottle :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:00 am

Birmingham will be difficult, they're a resolute and well organised side with some talented players who can make things difficult for anybody. I think that kind of team who will happily sit back and defend against the likes of us, is the worst kind of team we could be playing right now

Whilst I can't see us losing I have a horrible feeling this will be another goal-less effort I'm afraid. I hope to f*ck i'm wrong though, three points are vital really. Bigmick makes a good point earlier btw, we shouldn't measure our improvement this season relative to Chelsea's position - we should measure ourselves on how much closer competition we are for Arsenal & the sh!te
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:29 am

Birmingham away?  For :censored: sake can anyone remember us EVER having a tougher start to the season fixture-wise?

Sunderland apart, we've had tough away games at Spurs and Middlesbrough, had the scum, would have had Arsenal if we hadn't had the super cup game and play Chelsea next week after a tricky away game to Birmingham - another bogey fixture of ours.  That's an unbelievable run of fixtures to start the season imo.  Add to that the 8 games we've already played in European competition and I'd say we're doing alright to be unbeaten in the league so far.

That said, I think we really do need a win tomorrow, anything else and we're going to be playing serious catch-up all season.  It really is make or break I feel tomorrow.  A win at Brum and a win against Chelsea next week and people will be saying it's one of our best ever starts to the season - 3 wins and 3 draws from that set of fixtures would be fantastic.  However defeat tomorrow would set us up very badly for the chelsea double header, it simply can't happen.

Pennant and Heskey caused us a lot of problems last season, in fact I think they did the double over us last season.  But despite what I thought were a few good buys by them this year, they've been leaking goals left, right and centre.  The usually reliable Cunningham and Upson have been far from spectacular this season.  We can definitely get at them and score a few against them I feel.  Doesn't matter what system we play, I just feel we need a slightly higher tempo and we'll create the chances.  We have to concede a goal at some point and I have a feeling it might be tomorrow, but I think we'll win it 2-1 or 3-1 in the end.

Almost impossible to predict Benitez's selection, but with the chelsea games in mind, here's what I'd start with:

Reina

Finnan          Carragher         Hyypia              Warnock

Hamann

Garcia          Gerrard           Zenden               Riise

Crouch

Sissoko will be missed but I'd use the opportunity to try Zenden out in an attacking centre-mid position where he was so good last season for Boro.  Alonso looks jaded to me these days, I'd rest him for the chelsea games.  Pennant skinned traore last season so I'd go with Warnock.  I think we need to stick with Garcia to try and play him into some form.  Crouch up front I think as these are precisely the type of games he was bought for.

Come on boys, 3 points would do very nicely!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:53 am

lets just thinh about the birmingham game and that we need 3 points of these they arent gonna be a walk in the park last time we met at st andrews we got beat so we need to keep our heads in the game and hopefully come out with a 0-2

reina

finnan
hyypia
jc
warnock

alonso
gerrard
risse

garcia

crouch
cisse         im going for a 4-3-1-2
image/jpeg