BIRMINGHAM VS LIVERPOOL - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:51 pm

i see lawro's got us down for a draw so we'll probably win. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:42 pm

No problem with Sissoko being injured we have a perfect replacement for him Hamann, Maybe we will see Zenden in Midfield and Riise on the wing, with Traore behind.
Rafa will have one eye on Wednesday expect about 5 changes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:40 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:No problem with Sissoko being injured we have a perfect replacement for him Hamann, Maybe we will see Zenden in Midfield and Riise on the wing, with Traore behind.
Rafa will have one eye on Wednesday expect about 5 changes.

Good point
teamleader1

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:47 pm

No problem with Sissoko being injured we have a perfect replacement for him Hamann, Maybe we will see Zenden in Midfield and Riise on the wing, with Traore behind.

that's where iwant to see Zenden.  A mate of mine if a 'boro fan and he said that Zenden played his best football for them in the middle of the park.  Although we are short on the flanks, Zenden just isn't quick enough to be a winger.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:56 pm

If Traore starts we'll conceed a goal which would :censored: me off.

Also, you don't have to play 2 upfront to be postive. So stop talking :censored:.
115-1073096938

Postby Garymac » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:13 pm

not gonna try and predict the team cos its pointless all i know is we need all 3 points and thats at the least, weve performed well on the road but now its time to get the points regardless of performance, not arsed if its a 1 nil own goal as long as all 3 points come backe to Anfield
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:44 pm

We have to beat Birmingham. 3 points or die.

Last season they hammered us. I remember Heskey winning 90% in the air against Hyypia and dominating him completely on the ground. Hyypia also gifted them a penalty. I remember Pennant terrorised Traore and delivered 100s of quality balls into the box. Biscan and Morientes played like dogs.

This season that ain't gonna happen. I think we will keep another clean sheet and put 2 goals behind Maik Taylor.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:49 pm

2-0 liverpool to win :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:51 pm

If we dont win tomorrow we could fall to 18th  :(
We really have to win no draw, just go at them. They are only Brum FFS.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:55 pm

I'll be very surprised  if we  dont take all 3 points!
No disrespect but if we dont beat Birmingham theres something wrong, a  comfortable 2nil win for the Red men!  :nod
66-1120597113

Postby matrix » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:02 pm

Garymac wrote:not gonna try and predict the team cos its pointless all i know is we need all 3 points and thats at the least, weve performed well on the road but now its time to get the points regardless of performance, not arsed if its a 1 nil own goal as long as all 3 points come backe to Anfield

you said it garymac  i dont care how we play just win the game because this game is a must for liverpool  its a joke we should be wiping the bloody floor with the brum  we will be to strong for birmingham  this is were the season starts for liverpool in the premiership  if we dont play a 4 4 2  anything could happen...rafa sets out his team not to concede but playing one striker in attack takes away all of our attacking strenths  ?

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:44 pm

one nil win i think,obviously i hope its by more
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:22 pm

It's a massive game for us I think. It's our first away fixture that you could look at and say "yeah, I really fancy us there" and in the context of our seasons start, this is a really big match. Win 2-0 and draw 0-0 at home to Cheklski and we would be sitting on 10 points after six games, unbeaten and not having conceded a goal. This after a very tricky opening would have us looking pretty healthy. I've said before that IMHO this is not our, or anybody else's other than Chelsea's season to win the Prem, this season is all about building a foundation for a challenge. We shouldn't be looking to Stamford Bridge to guage progress, we should be looking to Highbury and Old Trafford. We have an opportunity tomorrow to put a marker down
On the other hand of course, lose tomorrow and our opening starts to look a little grim. One win in five with Chelski coming up. Like I said, for such a bread and butter game it's a huge game for us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:48 pm

one nil win i think,obviously i hope its by more

thats what i'm going for....a nail biting 1-0.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:29 pm

Sissoko's injury isn't anything serious, but Benitez isn't going to take chances probably because he's going to play him against Chelsea. Regardless, Hamann should be able to step up and get the job done.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion