BESIKTAS v LIVERPOOL CL: 24/10/07 - Build-up/Discussion/Safety advice here:

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Going to bed with a cob on , and i could have been watchin billy ocean at the manchester apollo with me judy.
In all seriousness can we stop the sack rafa sh!te. It's really silly and very very gay. GOODNIGHT TO YOU ALL.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:55 pm

for me NO player came out of tonight"s game with any credibility!
feck me we showed no fight,passion & belief that we actual wanted
to win the feckin game! forget scoring the players on their perforfonce
cause it would be a feckin waste of time! i"m that p1ssed off
that this isn"t a knee jerk re-action, i will still think like this
tomorrow & the day after!! feckin hell the lack of our alround
play is a real concern at the moment, & i really really felt sorry
for the fans who went out there tonight! cause we have been to
more intimidateing places than that tonight, & silenced the crowd
in the first 10, to 15 mins of the game but we were that poor
tonight they must of thought xmas had come early!
the lack of discipline is a real concern for me
& anyone who can give me a decent explination
into what the feck is going on at the moment
please reply i can"t wait to hear it!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:
gato_busta wrote:If I understand correctly, Crouch should have started the game even if many if not most people here think "he is not good enough and should be sold as soon as the tranfer window opens"? I think its incredible how fast some people change their point of view around here. The main problem at the moment is we don't have the depth we believe we have. With Xabi and Agger out at the moment, Rafa can't really change the team much at all. Hyppia is past his best, he's a great guy but we really are missing Agger. Mascherano is a great defensive midfielder but that is all he offers, as well as Sissoko. Leiva is basically Gerrard Jr. and without Torres, our strikers are not a threat at all. We need Xabi back to put order in midfield and to be able to vary our game since all our opposition know what to expect from us. We have not changed tactics in a long time, in fact we are not able to. What ever happened to Rafas 4-5-1 we used to see when he came in as manager, or the 3-5-2 formation which usually worked for these types of games? I really want all of our players to be available again, and to be honest, Im hoping Rafa starts rotating the team as he used to and not player for player as he is doing now.

I agree this.

Good post.

I'll only add that there are things to improve bar this men, we're scoring goals in set pieces situations, we're losing balls that we didn't use to lose when we play at our standard form.

What a load of BOLLOX, most people voted that Crouch would leave because Rafa's not giving him a chance for some reason. NOT because they don't think he's good enough, or a least better than Kuyt or Voronin. Just read the comments !!!

Saint dont make me dig out all the quotes of Crouch is not good enough mate.

Dig them out, and I will dig out the Kuyt is cr@p thread mate. If you look at the Crouch thread with the poll, the reason most people give for thinking Crouch is on his way out is because he is not being given a chance. Certainly thats was my view, and still is!

Not arguing with the Kuyt shout, but you cant say most everyone on here didnt say the same about Crouch.

How can anyone really judge Crouch on this season. Yes he's not broken any pots when given the chance, but he's hardly been given the chance has he? Going off last seasons form he is not quite Liverpool standard but still better than the other two.

I think we have 3 strikers who arn't Liverpool standard, that doesn't mean they are cr@p, just not up to the standard we require and need. Crouch is certainly no worse than Kuyt, and given the chance might be a lot better.

I read most posts and apart from Graham who hates Crouch , most think he has been hard done by.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 pm

1) We were far too narrow at times this evening. We rarely if ever engineered enough space by stretching Besiktas.

2) Our passing in the first half was dire, we rushed every move, and everything was far too condensed.

3) In order to create space you need movement, up front, we had Kuyt coming deep and helping out to little effect, Voronin isn't the biggest player, isn't the most skillful either and getting the ball to stick up front was virtually impossible. Neither were particularly effective tbh. I would have much preferred Crouch up top along with babel. I think the combination would be something worth trying out. Babel has pace to stretch defenders and Crouch can make the ball stick, bringing other players into play.

4) I thought Babel showed a few glimpses of what he can do, he worked hard and appeared to show more will than I've ever seen from him before - possibly a confidence issue.

5) I was very much hoping to see Crouch come on at around the 55-60 minute mark. Unfortunately I thought it came too late.

6) Defensively we were open, but once we conceded we had to be, and a degree of urgency set in. Since our defence generally lacks pace, any exposure to their attack was always going to be tricky to deal with, especially as they had technically sound players adept at passing and moving quickly, that fella bob was pretty handy too.

Overall, an inept performance by our standards.

However, those who are kicking up a fuss now are the ones who have raved about the league being the most important, denigrating the importance of the UCL. I'm not going to kick up a fuss as; a) I believe we can still qualify, and b) I firmly view the league as our top priority. I think the motivation to qualify now is predominantly for the financial gain of reaching the knock out stages.

This will pile on the pressure for a performance against Arsenal, and I'm hoping it can trigger a response, and not another dour draw or a defeat. Often in the past few seasons it's been the other way around, we'd come off the back of a poor league game and boost our confidence in Europe. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, or just a conspiracy  :laugh: .
LFC2007

Postby Effes » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 pm

iiiii - speak up mate, or forever hold your peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby R_us » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 pm

R_us wrote:liverpool is a good team but we dont afraid from you..!! we can win...

Remember yesterday i said that to you... You'll Never Walk Again!!! but i want to congratulate Liverpool team ... you played well but we played well more than u;)
R_us

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 pm

R_us wrote:
R_us wrote:liverpool is a good team but we dont afraid from you..!! we can win...

Remember yesterday i said that to you... You'll Never Walk Again!!! but i want to congratulate Liverpool team ... you played well but we played well more than u;)

Are you high on glue? We played well? Now I never seen the match, but if we played anything like we have been, "well" is not a word I'd choose to describe our form.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Reg wrote:Wonder if Phil Babb has kept himself fit?  ???

Na, his balls packed in a long time ago and are still sore.

So I take it we lost then? I'm glad I didn't watch the game going on some of the posts. I'm not bothered. We can still make it through. We'll get better. We just have to beat Arsenal first with a good performance. If we play poor and win, then it will be still a worry to me, because we seem to be stagnating performance wise. Have faith, people. We'll come good.

are you for real mate!
fecking hell we were that poor tonight
that for you to say you are not bothered
is a fecking p1ss take!!
if you had seen the game then believe me
you have been bothered big time!!!

before posting mate please take some
attention to the facts & realise you can"t
post on a game you didn"t even watch
you have feckin made a show of your
self lad - the way we played tonight
actions speak louder than words!!
if we don"t sought out our basic"s
we won"t come good believe me.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby username » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:13 pm

Strikers did noting all match, Crouch didnt really have a chance (and his header was feck all, it was cleared to Gerrards head) shoulda came on earlier
Gerrard made great runs, good chances, but :censored: me, stop trying to play the ball the whole pitch, one of then he passed to nobody!
Babel looked good, but he was playing free, he drifted to where he felt his best (where he earns his price tag) which isnt really a stiker, but where he plays in holland (3 up front on the left side stiker)
Yossi came on and payed well, he seems to break down smaller team, and one of the few players who can work in little space (which is what we had).
Defence was in shambles. Didnt see much of masch.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby black_white_die_life » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:14 pm

forza besiktas forza carsi ok...poor kop.best fans of the world besiktas-carsi ok..:laugh:
Last edited by black_white_die_life on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
black_white_die_life

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:17 pm

black_white_die_life wrote:forza besiktas forza carsi ok...poor kop.best fans of the world besiktas-carsi ok..:laugh:

Welcome.

Great Fans, the nose was deafening (until we scored  :D ).
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Have to admit if it wasnt for you carsi coming on here threatening to machete some people at the game then I'd have a massive amount of respect for the fans of Besiktas, you were a credit to your team
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:21 pm

I never bothered going to this one, although I really believe that the away games in Europe are the few occasions when you see the BEST supporters in the World. Over the years they have given me the best times of my life.

The poor turnout tonight reflects the feelings of the best followers of a team. We've lost it !

I still think that Raffa is a great coach but the man knows bugger-all about man management and his biggest problem is a stubborness which refuses to put a man in the starting line-up because they've fell out.

Don't even go down that line of blaming the players, NOT THEIR FAULT, (Even the :censored: ones), They don't pick the team, they don't insist on the formation, they don't demand a system, Raffa does. Feel like Basil Faulty "He's from Barcelona You Know ?"
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:23 pm

redhayesy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Reg wrote:Wonder if Phil Babb has kept himself fit?  ???

Na, his balls packed in a long time ago and are still sore.

So I take it we lost then? I'm glad I didn't watch the game going on some of the posts. I'm not bothered. We can still make it through. We'll get better. We just have to beat Arsenal first with a good performance. If we play poor and win, then it will be still a worry to me, because we seem to be stagnating performance wise. Have faith, people. We'll come good.

are you for real mate!
fecking hell we were that poor tonight
that for you to say you are not bothered
is a fecking p1ss take!!
if you had seen the game then believe me
you have been bothered big time!!!

before posting mate please take some
attention to the facts & realise you can"t
post on a game you didn"t even watch
you have feckin made a show of your
self lad - the way we played tonight
actions speak louder than words!!
if we don"t sought out our basic"s
we won"t come good believe me.

Oh God!

So I've made a show of myself for having faith? Christ! Right, I'll just go get the rope now shall I? Or, I think you should go first!

And to answer your questions:

Yes, I am for real.

Yes, I am not bothered. I've always stated the league for me is more important this season. I'll worry when we start doing badly in that, and no, I'm not taking the p*ss.

True, if I'd seen the game, I'd been hitting the roof...a bit. But then again, see above.

And I CAN post on a game I didn't see. I posted about the result, and if you thought for a second, then you would have realized I never went into any great detail because I DIDN'T SEE THE GAME. I just gave my impression of the defeat.

And about you saying that if we don't sort out our basics, we won't come good. Well, I'd have thought that was obvious, wouldn't you, ye who have little faith. You're no fortune teller either. Now who's made a show of himself? I'll quot you on it if I can be bothered when we're doing well again. Fickle.

Don't bother retorting.  Couldn't be fecked arguing about a game I didn't see. I'm not bothered like I said.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby R_us » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:27 pm

what do you think about us? about carsi? i wanna hear somethng from you... seriously say it pls we are good or not?
R_us

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion