BESIKTAS v LIVERPOOL CL: 24/10/07 - Build-up/Discussion/Safety advice here:

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 pm

We cant finish for :censored: and we cant just say oh Torres wernt playing if we are a top european team then all our strikers should be able to finish simple chances. I do think that Benayoun was great when he came on and has been every time he has played why he doesnt start is beyhond me.

Defence
Dont blame reina for any of the goals a flukey own goal and a one on one who would have been laughed at had the player missed. Finnan and Carragher were at 6s n 7s Hyypia showed me he isnt liverpool quality and riise is in a habit of being infront of the oppositions penalty area and he plays the ball all the way back. Cant wait for agger to come back

Midfield
Gerrard was the only midfeilder that started the game which actually played his best to be honest. Mascherano never see him the whole of the game. Babel tried doing too much and Pennant is sussed now all he does is run up the wing and not with any force anymore

Forwards
Voronin absoulte :censored: today couldnt finish link up play was horrendus. Kuyt although he didnt score he worked his socks off. And to those who say oh Kuyt needs to do more give him a better partner then voronin and youll see more from him

Benayoun was great when he came on. Crouch didnt get a proper look but he did put pressure upfront. Lucas, wasnt really there.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 pm

The clock is ticking Rafa, it’s ticking.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Graeme Noble » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Lets hope Torres wants to stay at Liverpool after the past month. I seriously think we'll go out of the Champions League, and I don't really want the UEFA Cup, that would be an embaressment considering what we've done in Europe over the last 3 seasons.
Graeme Noble

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:22 pm

puroresu wrote:Whats the plan for Arsenal.  Flood the midfield with defensive midfielders and try stopping them play.  Wouldnt be surprised at all.

play like we played against them last year in the 4-1 win.  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Avi Cohen » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm getting tired of saying 'I haven't seen Liverpool play this badly before'. Every week seems to be a new low. I have no idea what's going wrong. Either the entire squad has gone to :censored: together at the same time, or Rafa is not doing the work on the training. Someone, somewhere is definitely not doing his job.

There are no ideas going forward. Everything is done with hope rather than conviction. Mascherano didn't get on the ball and I think he's been told not to. I think Rafa is a very negative manager tactics-wise. He's afraid people are going to lose the ball which is why the midfield is by-passed as players lump it forward. Hit and hope. What the hell is going on with that team.

We seem to have one way of playing and if that's not working, we've got nothing. However, what that one way is remains to be seen.

Something has to change and it has to change now. Teams can get stuck in a rut and mightn't be able to ankle it. Misery gets piled on top of misery, player's confidence is lost and doenst get an opportunity to get it back.

I'm scared it's going to get worse before it gets better.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:23 pm

I think it has now been proven we cannot start a game with a front 2 or Kuyt and Voronin.  They just don't work together. 

All we are saying,  Rafa, is give pete a chance (John Lennon??)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby puroresu » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 pm

The CB situation is a joke.  Criminal that another CB wasnt signed in the summer.

Huff and puff football.  Rafa Benitez so negative its unreal.  Players are lumping it long as thats the instruction.  We could have messi in our side and Rafa would be afraid to let him express himself.
puroresu

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:The clock is ticking Rafa, it’s ticking.

So is yours lad, dont you worry.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 pm

metalhead wrote:
puroresu wrote:Whats the plan for Arsenal.  Flood the midfield with defensive midfielders and try stopping them play.  Wouldnt be surprised at all.

play like we played against them last year in the 4-1 win.  :D

Or like we did in the carling cup.  :p
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby gato_busta » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 pm

If I understand correctly, Crouch should have started the game even if many if not most people here think "he is not good enough and should be sold as soon as the tranfer window opens"? I think its incredible how fast some people change their point of view around here. The main problem at the moment is we don't have the depth we believe we have. With Xabi and Agger out at the moment, Rafa can't really change the team much at all. Hyppia is past his best, he's a great guy but we really are missing Agger. Mascherano is a great defensive midfielder but that is all he offers, as well as Sissoko. Leiva is basically Gerrard Jr. and without Torres, our strikers are not a threat at all. We need Xabi back to put order in midfield and to be able to vary our game since all our opposition know what to expect from us. We have not changed tactics in a long time, in fact we are not able to. What ever happened to Rafas 4-5-1 we used to see when he came in as manager, or the 3-5-2 formation which usually worked for these types of games? I really want all of our players to be available again, and to be honest, Im hoping Rafa starts rotating the team as he used to and not player for player as he is doing now.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 pm

puroresu wrote:The CB situation is a joke.  Criminal that another CB wasnt signed in the summer.

The efforts to do so where evident.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nobybob » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Leon we all want to get behind the team, but does this me we cant criticize, point out were we feel we are going wrong or fear the worst for our next game after such a sh-te performance ??
nobybob

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:26 pm

gato_busta wrote:If I understand correctly, Crouch should have started the game even if many if not most people here think "he is not good enough and should be sold as soon as the tranfer window opens"? I think its incredible how fast some people change their point of view around here.

Watch out, the fickle brothers will be reporting you to the moderators for that comment.

gato_busta wrote:The main problem at the moment is we don't have the depth we believe we have. With Xabi and Agger out at the moment, Rafa can't really change the team much at all.

Good point, I think that Xabi and Agger have been BIG BIG misses.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:26 pm

Load of BOllOX
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

So is yours lad, dont you worry.

I know my death clock is ticking, thanks for the update. You have to wonder just how long Rafa has left at the club before he is sacked.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion