BESIKTAS v LIVERPOOL CL: 24/10/07 - Build-up/Discussion/Safety advice here:

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:48 pm

JohnBull wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:The crowd tonight was 1400, the exact amount that we where allocated.

Spoke to me mate before and he said it was chocker and not a spare outside with loads on the mooch.

Its not the players fault ? But its them who win the games despite Rafa's tactics ? Get a grip John Bull(sh.it).

Speaking at the moment to the Kirkby crew and they are saying different.

I've been in Sofia in the EUFA Cup with 2000 in the one hotel . This was a game that no one was interested in because the the team are  no longer with us. The sad part is that it is not their fault.

Not disputing where you have been mate, but perspective is needed.

this game was never going to be as popular as Barca for a number of reasons:

1) Locality
2) Price of trip
3) Loads have been twice in the last couple of years
4) Lack of direct routes

However to suggest that fans are not going the game cus they dont support the team or the manager is mental.

We do it differently at LFC, if a player is playing garbage, we sing his name, if he misplaces a pass we sing it louder.

Match going reds HAVE not lost faith in Rafa or the team, its the non match going internet warriors who have decided we need to get Souness at the helm.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:50 pm

s@int wrote:Crowd was 400 to 500 mate according to Andy Gray and co anyway. They said a lot had bought tickets for the stubbs(?)but didn't travel.

andy Gray is not exactly the oracle is he ?

He cant spot a decent player from twenty yards or a foul fro mthe gantry never mind counting fans in a crowd.

Also the buying for loyalty idea wont work, as all fans know. Marsielle tickets will be sold to people who have attended (and supplied proof) and not those who simply bought a mtach ticket. Any decent journalist would have doen their homework on that . . .
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:53 pm

username wrote:Strikers did noting all match, Crouch didnt really have a chance (and his header was feck all, it was cleared to Gerrards head) shoulda came on earlier
Gerrard made great runs, good chances, but :censored: me, stop trying to play the ball the whole pitch, one of then he passed to nobody!
Babel looked good, but he was playing free, he drifted to where he felt his best (where he earns his price tag) which isnt really a stiker, but where he plays in holland (3 up front on the left side stiker)
Yossi came on and payed well, he seems to break down smaller team, and one of the few players who can work in little space (which is what we had).
Defence was in shambles. Didnt see much of masch.

I have to agree with you here m8. Also Sami's been a great ambassodor for the club but his time has gone now and the 2 own goals mean nothing to this! He's way too slow even if the brain still has what it takes and I honestly thought that Steve Finnan was one of our worst along with Pennant hes gone backwards i my opinion.
most of us were slating Alonso last season but god how we miss him at the moment and Agger not to mention Torres, just where is the creativity, width and most of all goals?
We'll be out of everything by Januarys transfer window at this rate.
KOPMATT

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:03 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:Crowd was 400 to 500 mate according to Andy Gray and co anyway. They said a lot had bought tickets for the stubbs(?)but didn't travel.

andy Gray is not exactly the oracle is he ?

He cant spot a decent player from twenty yards or a foul fro mthe gantry never mind counting fans in a crowd.

Also the buying for loyalty idea wont work, as all fans know. Marsielle tickets will be sold to people who have attended (and supplied proof) and not those who simply bought a mtach ticket. Any decent journalist would have doen their homework on that . . .

Not sure about that mate, this is what was written about the Porto match :-

Liverpool have sold all of their tickets for tomorrow night's Champions League game in Porto but there is absolutely no chance of the away end being full.
All 2,500 tickets were snapped up but if 2,500 Liverpool fans make the trip to Portugal it'll be the biggest shock of the season.
In fact, I'd expect no more than 1,000 to make it over with most choosing to sit at home and watch the game on TV with their £36 ticket sat on the sideboard gathering dust.
The ones who have bought tickets but don't go are, to use a euphemism, "playing the system".
They pay the price of the ticket and get another credit to their name; a credit which will then go towards entitling them to a ticket for more glamorous games should Liverpool progress in the competition.

And it is here that the "loyalty" system breaks down.
People are being rewarded for not going to the game, for staying at home when Liverpool are playing when they have indicated to the club that they will be going.
The mess is of the club's creation, of course. For some reason, they acted in good faith and came up with a system which demanded honour and honesty if it was ever going to be fair and equitable.
They should have known better.
The warning signs have been there for some time. Last season when we played Galatasaray in Istanbul, the club sold over 3,000 tickets for what was a meaningless game with Liverpool already having qualified for the knockout stages.
The more naive amongst us thought this might have had something to do with the Istanbul effect as supporters made an emotional return to the scene of the Reds greatest ever triumph.
But those of a more cynical mindset knew the score - the credit hunters had come out to play, greedily gobbling up the £6 tickets that could serve as a passport to more glamorous locations in the rounds to come.
And when those of us who travelled got to the ground on a freezing cold December night we found that the cynics were right and the romantics were wrong; there were no more than 600 Reds in our end.
Basically, a situation has been created where you get as much reward for buying a £6 ticket and staying at home as you do for paying £500 (plus the rest) to travel over a thousand miles to support your team.
And it's a situation that has to change.
As a season ticket holder I qualified for a ticket for Porto but I didn't buy one because I'm not going. Plenty of other lads have taken the same principled stand.
The problem is, plenty of other lads have decided to work the system again and they have created a situation in which our end will be half empty tomorrow night despite the fact our tickets have offically sold out.
They have paid £36 to not support their team.
And they have paid £36 to take themselves another rung up the loyalty ladder.
It is up to the club to do something about this problem because at the moment we do not have a loyalty system, we have a cheats' charter.
Maybe the time has come to look at doing what other clubs and national teams do - only giving tickets out to fans (and awarding them loyalty) when they get to the town or city where the game is taking place.
In their rare incursions into Europe, this is what Everton do. They select a prominent hotel in the city centre and ask fans to be there to collect their tickets. No show = no loyalty.
I know this system is far from perfect and it would make life more difficult for those who do travel but if the current situation is allowed to continue then the sight of half empty Liverpool ends in Europe will be a sight we will have to get more and more used to.
account deleted by request

Postby R_us » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:07 am

R_us

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:20 am

All is not lost, we have two home games that should net 6 points, which means we have to also win in France, not an impossible task , if we can find our form. 10 points and we will qualify.
account deleted by request

Postby Pedro Maradona » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:24 am

s@int wrote:All is not lost, we have two home games that should net 6 points, which means we have to also win in France, not an impossible task , if we can find our form. 10 points and we will qualify.

i hope so but the way we are playing i dont think we deserve to qualify. i hate having a go but imo we arent good enough again this year by a long shot, say what you like about our league position but the football we have been playing has been bad. we seem to be clueless players and management...
Pedro Maradona

Postby red37 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:30 am

GROUP A

Not certain of it myself - it relies on other results, which is far from ideal.  Plus a couple of days after travelling to Marseille for what must surely be the decisive tie in the group, we have Man Utd at Anfield and thats bound to be an early K.O.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby slickrick » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:31 am

Carragher :censored:
Gerrard :censored:

ye all :censored: on about how their our best 2 players, most overrated players in europe.
alonso makes our team tick and its because of his absence that are form has gone.

cash in on gerrard and buy quaresma, mascherano and alonso in the middle,
slickrick

Postby Dundalk » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:32 am

red37 wrote:Man Utd at Anfield and thats bound to be an early K.O.

It is its on at 1.30
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 am

s@int wrote:Liverpool have sold all of their tickets for tomorrow night's Champions League game in Porto but there is absolutely no chance of the away end being full.
All 2,500 tickets were snapped up but if 2,500 Liverpool fans make the trip to Portugal it'll be the biggest shock of the season.
In fact, I'd expect no more than 1,000 to make it over with most choosing to sit at home and watch the game on TV with their £36 ticket sat on the sideboard gathering dust.
The ones who have bought tickets but don't go are, to use a euphemism, "playing the system".
They pay the price of the ticket and get another credit to their name; a credit which will then go towards entitling them to a ticket for more glamorous games should Liverpool progress in the competition.

And it is here that the "loyalty" system breaks down.
People are being rewarded for not going to the game, for staying at home when Liverpool are playing when they have indicated to the club that they will be going.
The mess is of the club's creation, of course. For some reason, they acted in good faith and came up with a system which demanded honour and honesty if it was ever going to be fair and equitable.
They should have known better.
The warning signs have been there for some time. Last season when we played Galatasaray in Istanbul, the club sold over 3,000 tickets for what was a meaningless game with Liverpool already having qualified for the knockout stages.
The more naive amongst us thought this might have had something to do with the Istanbul effect as supporters made an emotional return to the scene of the Reds greatest ever triumph.
But those of a more cynical mindset knew the score - the credit hunters had come out to play, greedily gobbling up the £6 tickets that could serve as a passport to more glamorous locations in the rounds to come.
And when those of us who travelled got to the ground on a freezing cold December night we found that the cynics were right and the romantics were wrong; there were no more than 600 Reds in our end.
Basically, a situation has been created where you get as much reward for buying a £6 ticket and staying at home as you do for paying £500 (plus the rest) to travel over a thousand miles to support your team.
And it's a situation that has to change.
As a season ticket holder I qualified for a ticket for Porto but I didn't buy one because I'm not going. Plenty of other lads have taken the same principled stand.
The problem is, plenty of other lads have decided to work the system again and they have created a situation in which our end will be half empty tomorrow night despite the fact our tickets have offically sold out.
They have paid £36 to not support their team.
And they have paid £36 to take themselves another rung up the loyalty ladder.
It is up to the club to do something about this problem because at the moment we do not have a loyalty system, we have a cheats' charter.
Maybe the time has come to look at doing what other clubs and national teams do - only giving tickets out to fans (and awarding them loyalty) when they get to the town or city where the game is taking place.
In their rare incursions into Europe, this is what Everton do. They select a prominent hotel in the city centre and ask fans to be there to collect their tickets. No show = no loyalty.
I know this system is far from perfect and it would make life more difficult for those who do travel but if the current situation is allowed to continue then the sight of half empty Liverpool ends in Europe will be a sight we will have to get more and more used to.

Hi Saint,

A very good summary there of whats REALLY happening in Europe after the Athens debacle ...........

The seeds were sown for this by the CLUB at the start of the 2006/07 season when STH's were sent their renewal forms and asked to tick a box for priority to CL games and receive Home tickets automatically. This meant that some 25k+ STH's received tickets without having to make any effort to get them.

We reached the final and got our usual paltry allocation but this time around we had 25K + "Homies" ( a lot of whom hadn't actually attended the home CL fixtures but no doubt passed them round to friends etc.....)who suddenly wanted to make the trip to the Final.

I'm no special case but as a STH and having attended all 6 CL fixtures (albeit home games) plus all 19 away fixtures in the Prem found myself in a ballot (which co-incidentally I didn't have to apply to be put in) with fans who had also attended 6 CL fixtures...........

I didn't make it through the ballot and decided not to travel
(I survived Hillsborough and swore I'd never travel to an away game without a ticket).

But many did and a disaster was narrowly avoided and our club was tainted again by the behaviour of the few fans who feel it's their right to watch a game they haven't purchased a ticket for !

Like many core fans I've decided to get off the merry go round and not bother with Europe at all this season. LFC demonstrated by their behaviour last season that they don't really need me anyway !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:37 am

Yeah I don't think we are totally out of it by any means at all. I would certainly expect us to win our two home games, and it would leave us needing to win in Marseilles which won't be easy but not impssible. Without studying the group I would have thought it may even be possible to draw in Marseilles and go through. Whatever anyway, most people were imploring the manager to concentrate on the League this season so it looks like there's half a chance they'll get their wish.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:40 am

nobybob wrote:hate to say it but what a contrst between this sh-t and arsenal last night, fearing the worst for the weekend

I swear to god it is feckin unbelievable just how lightweight a lot of  people are on this place. Down on the team now and you'll be swinging from his nutsack again if we win on sunday.

Again, we are 6 points off the top of the league going into November which means for the first time in god knows how long, we aren't talking about how we will need to start better next season.

We're still in it (all), we can still win it and that's that. Get behind your team, your players and the manager and judge the improvement over a season for f.cuks sake

We're gonna shove it right up the a.rse on sunday...end of.....
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:42 am

slickrick wrote:Carragher :censored:
Gerrard :censored:

ye all :censored: on about how their our best 2 players, most overrated players in europe.
alonso makes our team tick and its because of his absence that are form has gone.

cash in on gerrard and buy quaresma, mascherano and alonso in the middle,

c.ockmuncher
Homebooby

Postby redhayesy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:42 am

Emerald Red wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Reg wrote:Wonder if Phil Babb has kept himself fit?  ???

Na, his balls packed in a long time ago and are still sore.

So I take it we lost then? I'm glad I didn't watch the game going on some of the posts. I'm not bothered. We can still make it through. We'll get better. We just have to beat Arsenal first with a good performance. If we play poor and win, then it will be still a worry to me, because we seem to be stagnating performance wise. Have faith, people. We'll come good.

are you for real mate!
fecking hell we were that poor tonight
that for you to say you are not bothered
is a fecking p1ss take!!
if you had seen the game then believe me
you have been bothered big time!!!

before posting mate please take some
attention to the facts & realise you can"t
post on a game you didn"t even watch
you have feckin made a show of your
self lad - the way we played tonight
actions speak louder than words!!
if we don"t sought out our basic"s
we won"t come good believe me.

Oh God!

So I've made a show of myself for having faith? Christ! Right, I'll just go get the rope now shall I? Or, I think you should go first!

And to answer your questions:

Yes, I am for real.

Yes, I am not bothered. I've always stated the league for me is more important this season. I'll worry when we start doing badly in that, and no, I'm not taking the p*ss.

True, if I'd seen the game, I'd been hitting the roof...a bit. But then again, see above.

And I CAN post on a game I didn't see. I posted about the result, and if you thought for a second, then you would have realized I never went into any great detail because I DIDN'T SEE THE GAME. I just gave my impression of the defeat.

And about you saying that if we don't sort out our basics, we won't come good. Well, I'd have thought that was obvious, wouldn't you, ye who have little faith. You're no fortune teller either. Now who's made a show of himself? I'll quot you on it if I can be bothered when we're doing well again. Fickle.

Don't bother retorting.  Couldn't be fecked arguing about a game I didn't see. I'm not bothered like I said.

call me what you want mate,

but don"t ever call me "fickle"
i really take that as an insult
on my passion & knowledge
of this great club of ours!
i just can"t agree with you
on certain things if you didn"t
watch the game tonight, cause you
didn"t see how poor we were!
however if that means you are
still intitled to an opinion on the game
then so be it.
as far as i"m concerned i want
us to win every competition we
enter! but after seeing tonight"s
performance it doesn"t matter
what we are playing for, if we don"t
start playing with passion, & belief
we will struggle for the rest of the season
no matter what rewards are up for grabs!

at the end of the day mate, believe me
i will sing, cheer & have never left a game in my life
to have more faith in the red men than you can
imagine - so call me wat you like
but please don"t ever call me fickle.
i just say it as it is etc.
the next game "Arsenal i will be there"
& just hope & pray we get the basics right
cause that way we will the game the LFC way
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext