Advice

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yidofcourse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:05 pm

I find it funny how you lot -most of you at least- consider that  your qualification for next years CL is already a matter of course.
my advice for you is: instead of dreaming of an unreachable title , you should better be concerned about keeping that CL place , which wont be easy.
a look at your next fixtures reveals that you could easily lose  some tricky games and fall behind Arsenal  and Spurs

Just keep on dreaming about the title and you could easily find yourselves at that 5th place again come the end of the season

I mean neither are you out of reach for that first 4 places  yet nor are you substantially better than Spurs and Arsenal who are still behind you.

:talktothehand
yidofcourse

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Who are you.

In fact I dont care just Go away.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Spurs, aarent they a small club from N.London who won things in the fiffties?
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yidofcourse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:10 pm

The Red Baron wrote:Spurs, aarent they a small club from N.London who won things in the fiffties?

small you say ...hahaha  :D
yidofcourse

Postby yidofcourse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:Who are you.

In fact I dont care just Go away.

as you can see ( if you can read) ,  i  support spurs and its my 27th post on this board i've been browsing for a while
yidofcourse

Postby Effes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm

Listen prickofcourse....

When you win 10 games in a row and concede 1 in thos ten then I think you're entitled to get optimistic.
I havn't come across anyone on here who thinks we'll win the League.
BUT, we are 7-4 with the bookies to come 2nd - that's proof for anyone that it's very likely.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm

Spurs are the new Leeds aren't they?

Spend millions assembling a squad of young players, use the fact that they are young as an excuse for winning nothing for a couple of years, then fade back into obscurity and financial instability when the manager runs out of excuses and it all falls apart :D

It's a cert
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:17 pm

Spurs fan, wow Ive finally met one, Not many of you around are there.

oh by the way spurs arent a massive club, maybe a national level club (people in england no or care who you are) but your not a world famous club or for that matter a massivly european house hold name.

I have to say I like spurs I like martin Jol and I like a lot of your team especially king, defoe and robinson

Just dont come on our forums telling us what our club should be aiming for.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:21 pm

yidofcourse wrote:I find it funny how you lot -most of you at least- consider that  your qualification for next years CL is already a matter of course.
my advice for you is: instead of dreaming of an unreachable title , you should better be concerned about keeping that CL place , which wont be easy.
a look at your next fixtures reveals that you could easily lose  some tricky games and fall behind Arsenal  and Spurs

Just keep on dreaming about the title and you could easily find yourselves at that 5th place again come the end of the season

I mean neither are you out of reach for that first 4 places  yet nor are you substantially better than Spurs and Arsenal who are still behind you.

:talktothehand

i think in the long term spurs will be more of a threat than arsenal. i think henry and cole will go to barca and real madrid respectively in the summer (both of them refuse to talk about contracts and we know with owen where thats heading) and this stadium hanging over them could be an albatross. these youngsters coming through are good on the ball but are too lightweight for the prem and the arsenal defence is a shadow of the adams, bould, dixon and winterburns and your sansom`s, o leary`s, youngs, and pat rices of this world. wouldnt surprise me if wenger went to madrid either to be honest, you just cant keep pulling anelka`s and henry`s out of the bag.
spurs are a decent side but you get the feeling that they`ll always be a club that`ll lose a decent player like defoe anytime a big club comes in.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby jammydodger » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:28 pm

I think Rafa's main aim this season isn't infact to win the title, but instead to cement Liverpools place as the second most dominant side in England.

However, I feel us Liverpool fans do have the right to begin to believe we can challenge Chelsea.. have you seen our recent performances?

As for Spurs, they won't go anywhere. If you think that Defoe is going to continue to sit on the bench and Ledley King is gonna stay then you're dillusional my friend. Arsenal on the other hand are a threat and have been unlucky with the amount of injuries they've had, but even so, we've got a big lead on them, and the way we're playing I can't see them making up that ground.
jammydodger

Postby mighty mo » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:35 pm

the only people who say spurs are a big club are spurs fans,last time they won anything decent was there last championship in 1961,a spurs fan coming here and taking the literal :censored: and has the nerve to compare spurs to  the reigning "EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS" is laughable,get back to looking at those black and white films when spurs were a decent side,not the one of the  last 40 years that having a good cup run constitutes success in a season
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yidofcourse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:35 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:Just dont come on our forums telling us what our club should be aiming for.

it was just a friendly advice matey   :cool:

mark my words. we'll talk about this again at the end of the season ok ??  ???
yidofcourse

Postby Effes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:38 pm

yidofcourse wrote:
Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:Just dont come on our forums telling us what our club should be aiming for.

it was just a friendly advice matey   :cool:

mark my words. we'll talk about this again at the end of the season ok ??  ???

Let's make it a date
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:39 pm

heres some advice from probably most of the members of this forum.

Worry about your own club. We will worry about ours
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yidofcourse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:40 pm

mighty mo wrote:the only people who say spurs are a big club are spurs fans,last time they won anything decent was there last championship in 1961,a spurs fan coming here and taking the literal :censored: and has the nerve to compare spurs to  the reigning "EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS" is laughable,get back to looking at those black and white films when spurs were a decent side,not the one of the  last 40 years that having a good cup run constitutes success in a season

sorry mate ,i've never compared Spurs with the flukey "european champions".

all I'm saying is you're not substantially better than spurs this season and you still can fall behind them in the table.

wait and see  :p
yidofcourse

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion