Dirk kuyt - Peace everyone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:57 pm

useless :angry:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Spartan1985 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:19 pm

I respect the fact that Dirk Kuyt has passion for the club and can run all day but other than that what are his redeeming qualities? Cause after watching the Hull game I really have to wonder how we can justify putting him up front for 90 minutes? If being able to run all day is so important why don't we just get a nigerian marathon runner, chuck a red shirt on him and get him to bust a gut for 90 mins. I'm sure he'd have a better finishing ability than Kuyt anyway. Its sooo frustrating to watch our team build up a quality attack with good tocuhes then the ball gets passed to Kuyt who over (or under) tocuhes it and loses possession. He's not fast, can't dribble, has no composure and can't finish. The vast majority of goals he scores a scrappy shots hit straight at the kepper. I'm pretty sure when opposition defenders find out they're on Dirk Kuyt they're hardly worried. It not like the opposition coach can say watch out for Dirk, he's really fast, Or give him an inch of space and he'll finish well. How he is played as a striker I'll never know. At least with Ngog we know he's fast and can finish at times, El Zhar can dribble the ball well. I'm not even a huge fan but I swear if we'd played Keane in the second half we would have won the Hull City match. Sorry bout the rant but I just had to vent.
Spartan1985

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 pm

He is back as his usual self eh?

was c@ck today! offered nothing, just ran around.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Kuyt may well have a decent game or two but anyone who thinks his good enough for LFC is crazy.
puroresu

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm

One thing I really don't understand is that if Keane is playing poorly he subs him off at like 60th minute, but when Kuyt is playing really poorly, he just doesn't take him off!

???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:13 pm

He has successfully made himself into a passable right midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. This set up allows him to make up for the fact his touch is awful, his awareness non existent, his vision impaired and his pace funerial, with the fact he runs around a lot and scores the odd goal. I would imaginf left backs don't like playing aginst them becasue he harries them to death. For me, he is a decent right midfielder ina  4-5-1.

As a right midfielder in a 4-4-2 it doesn't work. His limitations are brought into much sharper focus, and he quite simply isn't up to it. As a striker, well being polite I think he is someway short of the required standard, in every single department with the exceptions of effort and Dutchness.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:53 am

bigmick wrote:He has successfully made himself into a passable right midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. This set up allows him to make up for the fact his touch is awful, his awareness non existent, his vision impaired and his pace funerial, with the fact he runs around a lot and scores the odd goal. I would imaginf left backs don't like playing aginst them becasue he harries them to death. For me, he is a decent right midfielder ina  4-5-1.

As a right midfielder in a 4-4-2 it doesn't work. His limitations are brought into much sharper focus, and he quite simply isn't up to it. As a striker, well being polite I think he is someway short of the required standard, in every single department with the exceptions of effort and Dutchness.

he's sht is basically what ur trying to say in a polite way  :D

seriously though the guy lacks any sort of talent and besides the ODD goal he brings absolutely nothing to the side from an attacking sense... its pathetic coming on after games saying hes had a part to play in a goal simply because the ball hit him in the butt before it bounced off to a player who then went on to pass to a player who scored ..

as a striker he has poor finishing and an absolutely awful touch... no vision at all as you point out...
as a winger.. he cant dribble past a player, doesnt have pace or guile to pull beind fullbacks and will always struggle to play against fast fullbacks... only positive i can see is his coming deeper to attack balls from the far post as he seems to have reasonably okayish heading..

overall id say hes not a player who should be starting for the side... not as a winger and not as a striker... we have atleast 2 better right wingers and atleast 2 better strikers so in my opinion hes a player we should be looking to get rid of come the end of the season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:12 am

aCe' wrote:he's sht is basically what ur trying to say in a polite way  :D

:) Not quite no. I do think he's a decent right midfielder in a 4-5-1. But either as a striker or as a wide midfielder ina 4-4-2, while I wouldn't quite have used your phraseology it's true to say that I don't rate him that high to tell the truth, no.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:27 am

Climb down off that fence mick, you did fancy Sissoko.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 am

neil wrote:Climb down off that fence mick, you did fancy Sissoko.

mascherano is an improved version of sissoko though isnt he ?

Mascherano is the kind of player who would relish being in a side like Barcelona or RealMadrid... dont think we need him in 9 out of 10 games though and same was said about sissoko and in my books that was the reason we got rid in the first place... Gerrard and Alonso would do just fine in the middle with 2 upfront in most games... thats why yet and again you find people in the match thread calling for the likes of Sissoko and Mascherano to be taken off and a more attacking player with more ability on the ball to be brought on... both very good defensive midfielders but as some top teams in the world have proven in past years you dont alwways need to have one of those players to win games and have good defensive records...

back to Kuyt though i think he'd make a good right back  :p
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:06 am

metalhead wrote:One thing I really don't understand is that if Keane is playing poorly he subs him off at like 60th minute, but when Kuyt is playing really poorly, he just doesn't take him off!

???

Ok an answer for a pretty regular question.

Kuyt impressed rafa in his first season under rafa. Keane hasnt.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:07 am

aCe' wrote:

Mascherano is the kind of player who would relish being in a side like Barcelona or RealMadrid... dont think we need him in 9 out of 10 games though and same was said about sissoko and in my books that was the reason we got rid in the first place... Gerrard and Alonso would do just fine in the middle with 2 upfront in most games... thats why yet and again you find people in the match thread calling for the likes of Sissoko and Mascherano to be taken off and a more attacking player with more ability on the ball to be brought on... both very good defensive midfielders but as some top teams in the world have proven in past years you dont alwways need to have one of those players to win games and have good defensive records...

Kuyt's rubbish!
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:18 am

Fo Dne wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Kuyt's rubbish!

you dont gots to tell me !  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 am

Kuyt was truly back to his frustrating worst today.  How many poor touches did he take in good positions?  Kinell, it was like a pinball game out there at times. :no  With that said, he did have a hand in both goals so he wasn't completely worthless.  Should have come off at the hour mark, though, or at least partnered with Keane.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:21 am

well right now. between kuyt and keane, kuyt is the lesser of the 2 evil hence the starting place vs hull.
imagine we have a 35 yr old inzaghi or injury-happy owen there instead of kuyt, we would have 3 points.
and yes the way this season pans out, we should be at least 5 points clear. but keane is not doing his job, kuyt hasnt for 3 yrs now.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion