-IF- Brendan Rodgers were to get the push

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:48 am wrote:
C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:No matter what league a team is from, when they defend like Carlisle did it can be very difficult to break down

They broke them down with 52 attempts on goal didn't they?   Wtf?   He's bullsh!tting again!  :ghostface:

this nugget of BS is even better...

I want to be here for a long period. I'll prepare my team to prepare exciting dynamic football.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:54 am

C-R » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:40 am wrote:Press Conference now...

I hope to be a manager for 20 years but I respect that that 20 years probably won't be here at Liverpool.

As if BR would have given us 20 years IF he had won the PL two seasons ago. IF he had; right now he'd be b!tching himself around all the top Euro Clubs just like his Pimping mentor Maureen has.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:55 am

[/quote]

Ye4p and then 10 weeks in the relegation zone. Whoooopsie... no thanks... BR's trying to emulate him now.[/quote]

So fckning what? Sevilla is last place in Spain right now are you that short-sighted? who cares about 10 weeks in a tenure consisting of Championships and top European football? Geez it's pretty pathetic mate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:07 am

Well sunshine, I've stated my view so either you agree or don't but don't spit your dummy out or a) you're in danger of becoming like someone else and b) you'll dirty your screen.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:10 am

Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:07 am wrote:Well sunshine, I've stated my view so either you agree or don't but don't spit your dummy out or a) you're in danger of becoming like someone else and b) you'll dirty your screen.

Fair enough. I don't agree. :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:13 am

Fooking new they wouldn't pull the plug on him today  :angry:
Maddock is saying he has now ten days to save his job  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:18 am

when the top players are mulling over who they want to go and play for next they look at a number of things. how much they are going to get payed, what the chances of silverware are, who they will be playing alongside and who the manager is. right now we cannot offer the most competetive wages, we can't offer a definite shot at silverware, we can't offer the opportunity to play alongside other world class players, and we certainly can't offer the chance to play under an inspiring and respected manager.

one of these factors can be easily addressed by bringin in carlo ancelotti, a legend of the game who as seen and won just about everything. putting yourself into the mind of the modern footballer, and with all due respect to klopp and what he's trying to do, who would you rather play for?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:23 am

red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:13 am wrote:Fooking new they wouldn't pull the plug on him today  :angry:
Maddock is saying he has now ten days to save his job  :down:

Well I guess it takes around 10 days to put your affairs in order when you live in Vancouver.
It will also take around 10 days to get the stench of BS out of BR's office
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:31 am

andy_g » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:18 pm wrote:when the top players are mulling over who they want to go and play for next they look at a number of things. how much they are going to get payed, what the chances of silverware are, who they will be playing alongside and who the manager is. right now we cannot offer the most competetive wages, we can't offer a definite shot at silverware, we can't offer the opportunity to play alongside other world class players, and we certainly can't offer the chance to play under an inspiring and respected manager.

one of these factors can be easily addressed by bringin in carlo ancelotti, a legend of the game who as seen and won just about everything. putting yourself into the mind of the modern footballer, and with all due respect to klopp and what he's trying to do, who would you rather play for?

I agree. Carlo would be my first pick as well for that reason. I think Klopp with a bigger kitty than he got at Dortmund would do well too in the recruitment department but would perhaps go for the lesser known/bigger gamble buys.

Either one would be a massive upgrade on Rodgers.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:50 am

What it boils down to, if BR should get the sack, which seems likely, is the comparison between the two men being talked about.

If you put the two side by side, Ancielotti offers exactly what we need. Experience, tactical ability, big name, proven success at every level and he has gone public to comment positively about the club. Klopp has done a good job at one club, but in my opinion is a big punt in the same league as BR was.

We don't need to have a gamble. We need proven ability and a steady hand on the tiller. I would be ecstatic if Carlo came in.

But outside of these two, who is there out there? There is no guarantee either of them would come.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:23 am

crazyhorse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:50 am wrote:What it boils down to, if BR should get the sack, which seems likely, is the comparison between the two men being talked about.

If you put the two side by side, Ancielotti offers exactly what we need. Experience, tactical ability, big name, proven success at every level and he has gone public to comment positively about the club. Klopp has done a good job at one club, but in my opinion is a big punt in the same league as BR was.

We don't need to have a gamble. We need proven ability and a steady hand on the tiller. I would be ecstatic if Carlo came in.

But outside of these two, who is there out there? There is no guarantee either of them would come.

Ancelotti's style seems to be if a team is struggling then go out and buy a big name, well that's not going to be an option here, Klopp on the other hand starts with the basics, his Dortmund team was the hardest working team in Europe, the year they got to the CL final 5 of the top 10 players in terms of distance covered throughout the whole of Europe were Dortmund players.
Klopps secret is that he gets very good players to run around, close down, harry the opposition, chase lost causes and generally work their @rses off like lower league journeymen pro's, that is basically what Bill Shankly did here. He builds teams not collections of talented individuals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:46 am

Quite a few I wouldnt mind outside these 2. Emery, Montella, Bielsa and there are quite a few others you can add to that list.

We've seen the likes of Pelligrini, Enrique, Garcia, etc. guide their sides to success and I dont think we necessarily need someone who has won dozens of titles to improve on what we currently have.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:23 pm wrote:
crazyhorse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:50 am wrote:What it boils down to, if BR should get the sack, which seems likely, is the comparison between the two men being talked about.

Ancelotti's style seems to be if a team is struggling then go out and buy a big name, well that's not going to be an option here, Klopp on the other hand starts with the basics, his Dortmund team was the hardest working team in Europe, the year they got to the CL final 5 of the top 10 players in terms of distance covered throughout the whole of Europe were Dortmund players.
Klopps secret is that he gets very good players to run around, close down, harry the opposition, chase lost causes and generally work their @rses off like lower league journeymen pro's, that is basically what Bill Shankly did here. He builds teams not collections of talented individuals.

Not sure that's entirely accurate. We can attract the big names and have the finances to do so. A big name manager like Ancelotti will add to the appeal of the club imo. Additionally, Ancelotti's main strength is his ability to get the best out of the players he has. He does go out and improve his sides with world class talent and that for me is the first thing we need to look at when considering any managerial candidates. He wont go out and over-complicate things like BR does with 3 different formations a game and players out of position, etc. He's a straightforward top manager who sets his formation based on his best players and seems humble enough to change things around when his decisions dont get results. He has a winning mentality that is only matched by 2 managers in world football today: Mourinho & Guardiola. For the past 10 or so seasons he's won title at different clubs year in year out. 

Klopp on the other hand is a bigger gamble imo. He has the arrogance and stubbornness of Rodgers (for better reason) and he seems to like a gamble in the transfer market as well. For whatever reason, he hasnt been able to hold on to his best players and despite doing a decent-ish job replacing them, his record in the market isnt as impressive as Ancelotti's. 

Ancelotti for me.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Good post aCe, I agree with your reasoning. In principle he could also attract more sponsership income etc.. as well
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:44 pm

If he wins his next 3 he ain't going anywhere  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion