Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby eds » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Reg » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:
eds » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:47 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:08 am wrote:What on earth makes anyone think this Muppet is worth two more seasons? Sorry not for me

Never argue with stupid people Stu, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Two more seasons, seriously GTFOH you Manc troll......  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Eds.... pull your pants up so we don't have to hear your usual sh!te. You really are a BORE.  :help

Miserable, miserable little man.

Whatever you say Manc.  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 am

This is a joke now. How are Mignolet, Johnson and Skrtel  undroppable?! (Madrid doesn't count).

80% of our team is either played out of position or is just *****.

I've lost patience with Balotelli and feel sorry for Coutinho.

I've also lost patience with Rodgers 'tactics' or what ever he wants to call them.

The defending, playing players out of position, his substitutions, his team selections, his signings are all terrible. 15 points off the pace  (we've not even got 15 points yet) and 4th is slipping further and further every week.

Sunday league defending and mediocre signings, we are a million miles away from where we should be after spending over 100 million.

Should have attempted to  improved our 1st 11 with the likes of Gundogan, Reus, Illaramendi , Begovic , Shaqiri, Remy.

We need a decent CB and GK. Hang on a minute didn't we have two fairly good ones that got let go for buttons (Reina and Agger)

Terrible terrible management.

I congratulated him last season on us finishing 2nd, we played to our strengths (Suarez).  I do how ever condone his reaction time to change. Delays substitutions, 1 upfront hasnt worked for almost 2 months, Lovren/Skrtel/Johnson/Mignolet are dire and if its slapping me in the face how can't he see it ?

We're going round and round in circles, same team selection, same tactics = same result every week.

Einstein once said 'insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.'

I dont know if Rodgers is insane... But i do know its driving me fu#king insane!

**Re-posted into this thread**
Kopite-Jud

Postby Red Focus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Brendan has been exposed naked this season. Is the job too big for him? Look at it from this perspective, Liverpool is a club with a global fan base and have the ultimate goal of winning the league, not just finish in top 4 every season. What are the credentials for a manager that qualifies to manage such a club? He must be at least like someone of Rafa's calibre ie had 2 La Liga titles under his belt or LVG. But no, fsg appointed a young manager of a club that finished mid table and with only one year experience in the PL. Something was not right here.

Fsg always have this mission of signing youngsters and appointing young manager to build for future. Well, this is now exploding to pieces in front of their faces after the departure of LS. It hurts me to recall that Gus Poyet was right when he said that we were a mid table club without his fellow countryman LS.  This season is over as far as finishing top 4 is concerned and I am curious to find out what fsg will do to him next May.

The soon return of DS after the international break does offer a glimmer of hope, but then it is shocking to think like that after 117 millions had been spent to rebuild. He signed Balo and Lambert to replace a 31 goal hero and those 2 blokes have not even scored ONE PL goal between them. HOW SHOCKING!!!!
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Red Focus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:16 pm wrote:The soon return of DS after the international break does offer a glimmer of hope, but then it is shocking to think like that after 117 millions had been spent to rebuild. He signed Balo and Lambert to replace a 31 goal hero and those 2 blokes have not even scored ONE PL goal between them. HOW SHOCKING!!!!

Excellent point.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm

It's not just the keeper, it's the lack of a DM. Gerrard is NOT (I repeat, NOT) a DM. The opposition have been running rings around him all season and it has to stop. Either bring Lucas back (shudder) or put Can there.

Gerrard as a DM...http://vimeo.com/111345310
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:42 pm

I can see the similarity at the end of the Houllier and Rafa reigns. Too pigheaded to change sticking with a formula that obviously isn't working. When he took off Coutinho he showed how fooking clueless he his. His selection of Balotelli week in week out proves it,resort to Plan B he hasn't got a plan B. It's time FSG got rid ASP. Put Kenny in for the time being surely he carnt do worse. And here's a little fact for you to ponder about. Kennys first signing SUAREZ. Rodgers first signing BORINI says it all
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:I can see the similarity at the end of the Houllier and Rafa reigns. Too pigheaded to change sticking with a formula that obviously isn't working. When he took off Coutinho he showed how fooking clueless he his. His selection of Balotelli week in week out proves it,resort to Plan B he hasn't got a plan B. It's time FSG got rid ASP. Put Kenny in for the time being surely he carnt do worse. And here's a little fact for you to ponder about. Kennys first signing SUAREZ. Rodgers first signing BORINI says it all

Kenny never had a plan B either (Anyone remember the FA Cup final?). He also spent 55 million on Carroll and Downing...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:16 pm

I don't believe sacking him now would be any use what so ever.  You do however have to question his decisions in the past 4 months.  The bad desicions far FAR outweigh the good.  It's a good job the teams around us have been dropping points, other wise we would be in the sh!t.

He's not done himself any favours at all. Team selections / Transfers / Substitutions / Tactics (Got boo'ed at the weekend when Coutinho and Can got subbed) have all been head scratching.

After last seasons success, I think he's bought himself until Christmas to sort this mess out. 

Otherwise he'll be out the door.
Kopite-Jud

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:16 pm wrote:I don't believe sacking him now would be any use what so ever.  You do however have to question his decisions in the past 4 months.  The bad desicions far FAR outweigh the good.  It's a good job the teams around us have been dropping points, other wise we would be in the sh!t.

He's not done himself any favours at all. Team selections / Transfers / Substitutions / Tactics (Got boo'ed at the weekend when Coutinho and Can got subbed) have all been head scratching.

After last seasons success, I think he's bought himself until Christmas to sort this mess out. 

Agree with everything you say, but he'll have until summer and (if we're mid-table) be hauled in front of FSG, with good reason. But (for those who've lost faith) there's no one out there. No top flight manager is going to walk out of their club mid-season and only a relegation disaster would force FSG's hand.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:35 pm

7_Kewell » Nov 10th, '14, 16:26 wrote:
Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:16 pm wrote:I don't believe sacking him now would be any use what so ever.  You do however have to question his decisions in the past 4 months.  The bad desicions far FAR outweigh the good.  It's a good job the teams around us have been dropping points, other wise we would be in the sh!t.

Agree with everything you say, but he'll have until summer and (if we're mid-table) be hauled in front of FSG, with good reason. But (for those who've lost faith) there's no one out there. No top flight manager is going to walk out of their club mid-season and only a relegation disaster would force FSG's hand.

BR has reverted back to his 'philosophy' of how the game should be played as per when he was appointed Manager. Note, imo, he is a Coach, never a Manager (not yet). The reason we played the way we did last season was because he attended a Marcelo Bielsa seminar. He was inspired by what he heard, and decided to try what he had heard, and we know how far forward we came last season.  This season , for whatever reason, he's forgotten everything that inspired him, hence reverting back to the style of play you see now.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:32 pm

I don't think he should be sacked, not yet. But were I FSG I'd probably be holding some kind of meeting to discuss things. BR has questions to answer, and without the spotlight on him he might be a little more honest. I agree with Kash that at the moment he's a decent coach but seems to be neglecting many managerial resposibilities. I'd be asking questions about Markovic and Lallana and why they're not playing, and I'd mention a DoF and defensive coach too.
Are we moving forwards, backwards, or staying still? That's the big question. Loyalty, dignity and political correctness aside, if we're not moving forwards then the wrong man is in the job.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Like it or not he's the Liverpool manager ,and as such he will receive the backing of the supporters ,the last thing we need right now is to chop and
change managers on a whim ....Afford  him the patience and  time to turn things around ,because that's something that sets us apart from those the
other side of the East Lancs.  ??? Rodgers is a young manager who will make mistakes ,but nevertheless the orchestrator last season  of the most exciting
football us fans have seen the reds play for some considerable time ,yet for some reason he has abandoned those ideals and philosophies for the stagnant
football we're now seeing.

Rodgers needs to make some major decisions in the coming weeks ,as after the Chelsea defeat I think it even dawned on him that we're simply not
good enough to push for the top four ,let alone exceed those expectations . Who knows in the coming month with the opposition we are due to face
we could see a concerted effort in moving up the table ,especially with Sturridge making his return against Palace.

We gave our support unconditionally to Dalglish in his time of need ,I see no reason we cant afford a bright young manager the opportunity to set things
straight.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 pm wrote:Like it or not he's the Liverpool manager ,and as such he will receive the backing of the supporters ,the last thing we need right now is to chop and
change managers on a whim ....Afford  him the patience and  time to turn things around ,because that's something that sets us apart from those the
other side of the East Lancs.  ??? Rodgers is a young manager who will make mistakes ,but nevertheless the orchestrator last season  of the most exciting
football us fans have seen the reds play for some considerable time ,yet for some reason he has abandoned those ideals and philosophies for the stagnant

Rodgers needs to make some major decisions in the coming weeks ,as after the Chelsea defeat I think it even dawned on him that we're simply not
good enough to push for the top four ,let alone exceed those expectations . Who knows in the coming month with the opposition we are due to face
we could see a concerted effort in moving up the table ,especially with Sturridge making his return against Palace.

We gave our support unconditionally to Dalglish in his time of need ,I see no reason we cant afford a bright young manager the opportunity to set things
straight.  ???

On the unconditional support I agree. But when the manager doesn't seem to be learning from mistakes, what then? That's where blind faith or a pair of red beergoggles would help I suppose.
I know BR won't be loving this as some might think. And he is young and hopefully is learning. But as a young manager do you not think he could benifit from someone to take a bit of the load? Like a defensive coach, or DoF. There are so many cons and so few pros right now. I'm not sure Brendan is getting anything right. If stubborness didn't appear to be the root of many of the problems people might find it easier to support him.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:17 pm

RedAnt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:02 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 pm wrote:Like it or not he's the Liverpool manager ,and as such he will receive the backing of the supporters ,the last thing we need right now is to chop and

straight.  ???

:D

doesn't seem to be learning from mistakes, what then? That's where blind faith or a pair of red beergoggles would help I suppose.
I know BR won't be loving this as some might think. And he is young and hopefully is learning. But as a young manager do you not think he could benifit from someone to take a bit of the load? Like a defensive coach, or DoF. There are so many cons and so few pros right now. I'm not sure Brendan is getting anything right. If stubborness didn't appear to be the root of many of the problems people might find it easier to support him.

Of course he would benefit from a good defensive coach ,but my point was how an innovative ,and believe it or not ,highly regarded young manager
deserves the opportunity to turn things around at the club ...I honestly believe that within our squad there is a team that can carry out his high tempo
pressing game perfectly and to the letter ,dare I say emulating the type of football we saw against Spudz last season ....Surely we owe Rodgers the
chance to bring this to fruition ,rather than dismissing last season as simply being carried by Suarez ?

Oh and Blind faith and Red beergoggles go hand in hand ,you cant have one with out the other  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Based on what we saw last season I'd certainly give Rodgers time yet. I agree that it would be against the identity and philosophy of the club to do anything other than give him a chance. For starters we're yet to see the team play well other than Spudz which proved there can be life without Suarez. Secondly we've never yet been at full strength. And third, we have yet to integrate new signings.
But all of these fall at BR's feet, especially the last. How can Markovic find his feet when he doesn't make the bench? Toure came in against RM and did well then found himself on the bench. What must players do to make the team? What about the overlooked academy players who look for chances in the first team?
The forum is littered with questions that so far don't seem to have answers.
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion