Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Caretaker manager, what a fantastic idea  :upside:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:44 pm

kazza » Nov 8th, '14, 18:40 wrote:Caretaker manager, what a fantastic idea  :upside:

Unfortunately, this is one option as the more experienced managers would not leave their clubs mid season.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 pm

BR will be judged at the end of the season, not before and not after.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:46 pm

7_Kewell » Nov 8th, '14, 18:39 wrote:Roy Evans?  :D

Klopp is having a nightmare season in Germany and the Dortmund fans are saying the same thing we're about BR. But Roy Evans, seriously?  :D

Lol, it was tongue firmly in cheek

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Young managers are going to make mistakes but I honestly believe that his vision of how the game should be played is the right way forward for this club. I think if we stick with him we will eventually find another XI capable of challenging for the title, it might take a while and we may have more days like this but I'm convinced we'll get there one day.
We can't keep changing managers every time we go through a rough patch.

I have always backed any Liverpool manager to the hilt mate ,albeit Hodgson ,but then I'd like to air brush out that part of our past,but the Kop is turning fella ,I've
never heard the crowd boo a substitution so vehemently ,and truth be told I think it was Rodgers ever increasing disparity with  our expectations and hopes they
were directing their anger at.

Rodgers  team selection stunk the place out, if I'm being honest ,it was borne of sheer cowardice and an Ego that belies this humble persona he projects in interviews
How he left Gerrard or Henderson on that field is a complete head scratcher ,why Manquillo was dropped for Johnson I will struggle to get my head around for the
forthcoming weeks ,how you can justify removing Can and the invention of Coutinho and leave Gerrard or the abysmally poor Henderson  on the pitch is more than just perplexing.

Just what is it he believes will happen or be different when playing an Isolated Balotelli as our lone striker ? Whose he's trying to convince ?
I think the most worrying thing is he adamant and convinced he is going about things in the right way ,and we will suddenly start playing
as fluently as last season..... Personally speaking its becoming less Julius Caesar and more like Nero's fiddling mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm not saying get rid of Rodgers but if Klopp was available id go for it

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:02 pm

answer this did suarez paper over our defensive frailtries last season YES. Will he get a defensive coach in NO. Does he have a plan  B?  NO. Is he to one dimensional YES. MIGNOLET BORINI BALOTELLI LOVREN. Is he good in the transfer market? NO is he to stubborn to play 2 upfront from the start? YES and will he ever change his philoshophy or tactics? NOOOOOOOOOOO
Last edited by ballotelliman on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:02 pm

The way I look at it our poor start is down to a combination of factors -

1. Bad luck - when Suarez's representatives backed us into a corner and forced us to sell him I don't think any panic buttons were pressed in the corridors of power inside Anfield because we already had the second top scorer in the division at the club. The likes of Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling had shown at the end of the 2012/13 season and at the beginning of the 2013/14 campaign (when Luis was banned) that they were more than capable of performing without Luis. I think Brendan thought that even if we didn't sign anyone in the summer we'd still have a potent enough attack to cause teams major problems with those 3 leading the line. Losing Daniel on international duty though left us without both front line strikers from last season and relying on backup strikers.

2. Questionable transfer policy - I won't say bad buys because I don't think they are, a lot of our new signings are under 21 and I think the likes of Can, Moreno, Manquillo, Markovic and Origi will be top players in 3 or 4 years time but I do question wether we should have bought so many young players at this time when we are in transition. After finishing second last year I think we should have probably tried to consolidate our position as a top 4 club, we needed evolution not revolution.

3. Poor form - as I have already mentioned I think Brendan was pretty confident that even if all our new signings turned out to be duds we still had enough good players at the club to be competative, what he couldn't have foreseen though is that apart from Daniels injury a lot of our top performers from last season have started this like they've never even seen a ball before.

4. moving away from Brendan's philosophy - most of you already know my position on this, I think Brendan has moved away from picking players to suit his system to adjusting his system to suit certain players.
We all know that Gerrard is a better footballer than Lucas but that doesn't mean he suits playing as a DM, Sami Hyypia was a tremendous player but he would have made a poor midfield schemer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:12 pm

ballotelliman » Nov 8th, '14, 19:02 wrote:answer this did suarez paper over our defensive frailtries last season YES. Will he get a defensive coach in NO. Does he have a plan  B?  NO. Is he to one dimensional YES. MIGNOLET BORINI BALOTELLI LOVREN. Is he good in the transfer market? NO is he to stubborn to play 2 upfront from the start? YES and will he ever change his philoshophy or tactics? NOOOOOOOOOOO

Exactly.

Can't remember who said this (may have been Einstein?), but it definitely rings true for BR.

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'.

He's not learning is he....

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:26 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:51 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Young managers are going to make mistakes but I honestly believe that his vision of how the game should be played is the right way forward for this club. I think if we stick with him we will eventually find another XI capable of challenging for the title, it might take a while and we may have more days like this but I'm convinced we'll get there one day.

I have always backed any Liverpool manager to the hilt mate ,albeit Hodgson ,but then I'd like to air brush out that part of our past,but the Kop is turning fella ,I've
never heard the crowd boo a substitution so vehemently ,and truth be told I think it was Rodgers ever increasing disparity with  our expectations and hopes they

Rodgers  team selection stunk the place out, if I'm being honest ,it was borne of sheer cowardice and an Ego that belies this humble persona he projects in interviews
How he left Gerrard or Henderson on that field is a complete head scratcher ,why Manquillo was dropped for Johnson I will struggle to get my head around for the
forthcoming weeks ,how you can justify removing Can and the invention of Coutinho and leave Gerrard or the abysmally poor Henderson  on the pitch is more than just perplexing.

Just what is it he believes will happen or be different when playing an Isolated Balotelli as our lone striker ? Whose he's trying to convince ?
I think the most worrying thing is he adamant and convinced he is going about things in the right way ,and we will suddenly start playing
as fluently as last season..... Personally speaking its becoming less Julius Caesar and more like Nero's fiddling mate.

He's making mistakes left, right and centre mate I'm not denying that but I do think he will get it right eventually.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:26 pm wrote:

He's making mistakes left, right and centre mate I'm not denying that but I do think he will get it right eventually.

with all that money he had  top 4 no excuses. if we dont make champions league next season how we gona attract the top players as i said i wouldnt mind if he was trying differnt things to get us going but hes so one dimensional he will never change. i like bold managers when plan A isnt working CHANGE IT !! He doesnt seem to grasp that concept unfortunately. Why play balotelli uptop on his own again against the best defence team in the league it beggars belief.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:06 pm

This is an interesting statistic and puts into perspective how bad we have been
Last edited by C-R on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:06 am wrote:This is an interesting statistic and puts into perspective how bad we have been

Whatever Rodgers is doing this season, its clearly not working out.

I do think that Rodgers is a smart manager.

But the decisions he has been making this season, has been shocking.... It is so obvious that he is picking a formation which does not benefit most of our players...but he continue to do that.

That leads me to......Who is picking the team. This is the manager who did not have any problem in hanging out downing, suarez (when he reiterated that suarez will never play for Liverpool), reina...etc

So why does he have so much problem in picking a team which does not have Skrtel, Johnson and Gerrard ? Player Power ?

Although I want Rodgers to be out at the end of this season, I have to say...he is a better manager than Hodgson. But he is not doing himself any favours when he continues to pick players who are not on form.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:26 pm wrote:

As a Liverpool fan I hope so mate ,but if he remains as reliant on the tactics and formations and utilising the same players he's been using of late ,then
the affinity he has built up with the Kop will dissipate quicker than a fart on the moors.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:26 pm wrote:

If he was trying different things to get it right I would agree with you but he has played the same backbone of the team every week with this conviction that it will come right, the best two performances in the past few weeks have been the Swansea and RM games but he hasnt seemed to learn from that, he just goes back to the same selection that's not working, maybe it will come right but how long are we going to wait and how far down the table will we drop before it does.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion