Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Red Focus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:30 am

It is obvious that we need to sign a clinical striker in the next window, we've also been linked with Begovic plus a few more. The question is, does fsg have confidence in Brendan's transfer dealings? He wasted over 200M on mostly average players. To be honest, I wouldn't blame fsg if they don't give him a penny to spend in January. If that's the case, they will want him to make do with what he has and hope he can make a turnaround. If not, I am sure he'll be out. Because that was what they did to Kenny, in January 2012, Kenny was not funded to sign anyone meaning they had lost confidence in his transfer dealings after wasting over 100 million. I don't know why, but Liverpool nowadays have a culture of signing dud players in every window.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:46 am

Kenny didn't waste one hundred million, not even close. He signed Suarez and that alone is enough to earn you the right to sign players that don't work. Every manager signs players who fail and fail to make a decent impact.

The point is though, Rodgers has failed badly to sign
players who make any sort of impact. The signings of Sturridge and Coutinho were a long time ago and the reality is they are the only two since He's came in and improved the side, unfortunatelyHe's made massive downgrades in other areas too now negate this limited progress. Those calling for the owners and more spending are so far wide of the mark it's a joke. We have had more than enough money to compete, yet we find ourselves in mid table…
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:52 am

Emre Can will improve our side and showed it against Chelsea

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09 am

Another laughable, ridiculous and foundationless comment made by a numpty :laugh:

Can is slow, can't defend and can't apply pressure to the ball. His touch isn't great and he can't see a pass either, not to mention he turns like the Titanic.

Had you ever been to a match you would have seen that… but you haven't so thought I would point it out  :)

What's also laughable is you state he will improve the side… after time and when he becomes good or whatever it is you're expecting  :laugh: but again fail to address what was said…currently he doesn't improve the side and currently our manager wasted close too hundreds of millions in a couple of seasons with next to no return.

It was embarrassing stood on the kop last week watching can and Henderson trying to compete with Fabregas and matic, they were so far out of their depth it was scary.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:01 am

Firstly I can guarantee I have been to alot more matches then you ever have.
Secondly If you had ever seen Can play you would see that without a doubt he is our quickest of our central midfielder
Thirdly Right about now I think Jay spearing would do a better job then Gerrard

Stu once again showing his lack of knowledge

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 am

That's a bit of a silly assumption to make isn't it  :laugh:

If can is our quickest midfielder too… then that would contribute heavily to explaining why our midfield was so badly out of it's depth against Chelsea. Watching how much Chelsea overplayed and over powered us in that area shown how poor that area of the side was… even with "the second best midfielder in the "league" in there…  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:46 am

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 am wrote:Another laughable, ridiculous and foundationless comment made by a numpty :laugh:

Can is slow, can't defend and can't apply pressure to the ball. His touch isn't great and he can't see a pass either, not to mention he turns like the Titanic.

Had you ever been to a match you would have seen that… but you haven't so thought I would point it out  :)

What's also laughable is you state he will improve the side… after time and when he becomes good or whatever it is you're expecting  :laugh: but again fail to address what was said…currently he doesn't improve the side and currently our manager wasted close too hundreds of millions in a couple of seasons with next to no return.

It was embarrassing stood on the kop last week watching can and Henderson trying to compete with Fabregas and matic, they were so far out of their depth it was scary.

last comment would be better if you replaced the name Can for Gerrard because the best 2 midfielders were Can and Coutinho and the worst 2 players were Gerrard and Henderson ( both looked slow & mundane) Gerrard was toe curlingly poor .... you clearly had a seat at the back of the Kop with a scarf wrapped around your eyes....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Actually was on row thirty seven, seat one five three, block 204 and in through gate b7 so not quite the back supersub, fairly near the front and a good seat too boot.

Funny the way you still have this fifteen year dislike of Gerrard… did he have anal with a family of yours at any point in the past? :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 am wrote:Actually was on row thirty seven, seat one five three, block 204 and in through gate b7 so not quite the back supersub, fairly near the front and a good seat too boot.

Funny the way you still have this fifteen year dislike of Gerrard… did he have anal with a family of yours at any point in the past? :laugh:

I have never disliked Steven Gerrard...the man was truly bestowed legendary status but I won't allow that to blind me into believing he is anywhere near the player he was 5 years ago.....his demise over the last 5 years has been glaringly obvious to those without the blinkers...if you look back into newkit history , you yourself had grave misgivings about SG..

with regards to your final comment did he have anal.....didn't realise the "he's big and he's f**kin hard" was a sexual referrence  :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:26 pm

:laugh: amusing…

On Gerrard…

I didn't have misgivings about him as a player, simply about the rolls he was asked to perform… also you seem to be implying that only you can see his demise… I am honestly yet to meet one fan who can't, even the brain dead can see it, but the worry is he"s still no worse than our other ""options" in that department, despite the new shanks spending over two hundred million…

against Chelsea the only players who looked like they could pick a pass were the captain, Coutinho and Balotelli.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Gerrard is NOT a defensive midfielder. Use him higher up, with a decent DM covering the back, and he'd perform a whole lot better. He's also our best passer of the ball, by a country mile.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 am wrote:Another laughable, ridiculous and foundationless comment made by a numpty :laugh:

Stu,Can will be a big player for us ,and I'm not just talking in terms of his physical stature ,and how you can deem him sluggish and slow in the turn is frankly
beyond me, his positioning throughout the entirety of his time on the field was exceptional ,his passing was crisp and succinct and he contributed to Fabregas
and Matic arguably having their least productive game in Chelsea colours . In point of fact his play was so influential it forced Mourinho to alter his tactics in
taking the shackles of Ivanovic (a tactic he utilises in the last 15 minutes if Chelsea are behind ) so early affording him licence to bomb forward.

Henderson was awful on that much we can agree ,but how you can arrive at your appraisal of a player who will clearly give us the same methodical passing
range in the middle as Didi afforded us is a complete head scratcher .....In truth Rodgers should be structuring a team around the likes of Can ,rather than
pandering to the whims of sentimentality and perpetually picking a player who blows more than a Asda bag across a car park.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Can was OKish against Chelsea, if you had read my match ratings you would clearly see I have no problem seeing he fared best out of the three central midfield players, However that was not saying much and the gap in quality in the Chelsea trio to ours was huge.

Can looked slow and turns slowly, when carrying the ball that's not an issue, without it he struggled to keep up. his movement was distinctly average and his inability to turn in his own half was worse than the captain who is fourteen years his senior.

When you say he will be a big player I am presuming you mean in a similar sense Neil Ruddock…

The lad looks another average midfield player to me and to compare him to someone of didis quality is far fetched
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 pm wrote:Can was OKish against Chelsea, if you had read my match ratings you would clearly see I have no problem seeing he fared best out of the three central midfield players, However that was not saying much and the gap in quality in the Chelsea trio to ours was huge.

Can looked slow and turns slowly, when carrying the ball that's not an issue, without it he struggled to keep up. his movement was distinctly average and his inability to turn in his own half was worse than the captain who is fourteen years his senior.

When you say he will be a big player I am presuming you mean in a similar sense Neil Ruddock…

The lad looks another average midfield player to me and to compare him to someone of didis quality is far fetched

The game I took in Stu ,saw two Chelsea defenders running from deep and Cahil making a nuisance of himself at set pieces which led to us conceding ,Fabregas had his weakest game in a Chelsea shirt and Matic was pushed back further than I have seen him this season courtesy of the lad you disparage as being sluggish and slow in the
turn ,as for the captain he turns that slow I'm still waiting for him to face front........ Waiting for you to give credit where credits due to any of the new signings is like waiting for Gerrard to leave the field with grass marks.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:27 pm

this is who we need in midfield not sure how much he would cost now but he would give us speed and goals really rate this guy and remember when you heard it first  Pierre emireck aubameyamg  Dortmund.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion