Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:38 pm

even john aldridge saying he doesnt know why brendan persists with mario up top on his own. he said he looks lost up there. i just think it goes back to carroll  he will not play that system and thats why fans are frustrated with him and why buy lambert just proves again he doesnt like old fashioned centre forward. if he tried different systems hed get less flack.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Mario is very stupid as this is his last chance at playing for a top club . Maybe when Sturridge comes back we will see an improvement in Mario but at the moment 0 goals in 7 games in the league is not good enough

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:21 pm

disappointed with his goal return but i would have been shocked if he was leading the goal scoring charts at the same time. its even more disappointing that he is still being hammered into a hole that don't fit.
sturridge will be back for the palace match and it will be interesting if balotelli still makes the team. he should imo as it will also take off some of the pressure on danny and both need a partner.
we have a good enough run coming up that if we are scoring goals we should start putting points on the board. this parntership needs a chance to work and they have to be given the minutes to do so.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

ive said on balotelli thread what brendan should do play mario on the left and daniel upfront.  That way we dont have to rely on marios lazy movement off the ball. if brendan does what i say i think we will improve alot. Just the markovic position to sort out then which is more worrying
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:55 pm wrote:Mario is very stupid as this is his last chance at playing for a top club . Maybe when Sturridge comes back we will see an improvement in Mario but at the moment 0 goals in 7 games in the league is not good enough

i agree but theres always a crazy manager who thinks he can change mario and take him I remember when joey barton was causing all that trouble at newcastle everyone said thats it when they released him and neil warnock offers him 80 grand a week for 4 years lol. On Mario weve all done it  im still young im only 18 then its 21 then 25 but then mario ul get to 30 and think shi-t  ive messed up here i should of knuckled down when i had the chance cos im fecked now. Do you honestly think he goes into every training session looking to improve dont think so. Natural ability can only get you so far mario.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:49 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:55 pm wrote:Mario is very stupid as this is his last chance at playing for a top club . Maybe when Sturridge comes back we will see an improvement in Mario but at the moment 0 goals in 7 games in the league is not good enough

I think that's a bit unfair on Mario, he's not exactly getting the best of service from his team mates. We are miss-firing all over the place atm not just up front.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 am

I dont think its unfair at all.

we have been misfiring and the defence has got its stick along woth the manager as well as Gerrard from the midfield.

However playing as a striker you have the job of putting the ball in the net and against QPR,Newcastle and Hull he had absolute sitters that he spurned. Even if he had returned 0 in 7 but put in the effort i would cut him slack but he looks lazy he is constantly offside If i was offered him or crouch back i know who i would pick

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:11 am

If we finish mid table, Rodgers should have the decency to resign. He spent 200M since he was appointed and spent mostly on mediocre players, such a manager doesn't deserve to continue with a club of Liverpool's stature. Fsg needs to go too, this is not the 70s and 80s anymore, it's a new era of trillionaire owners who will not make the manager look for bargain players all the time. If they cannot compete with Chelski and City, they should not be in this game, unless they're contented with mid table finish every season. Last but not least, they were stupid enough to appoint a mid table manager with only one year experience in the PL to manage a big club like Liverpool. Wait a minute, actually Roberto Martinez was their first choice and when that fell through, they appointed Rodgers. Martinez was a great relegation dodger at Wigan and eventually were relegated and fsg wanted him to manage Liverpool. Where is their common sense?
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:51 pm

its still early. Look at newcastle and west ham. we carnt judge until daniel comes back. But its ok when things are going good like last season my worry is when things go wrong he just seems to leave it the same no matter what. look at poor lambert  would he of done the exact same to andy carroll if he was still here. i did find that very strange for a manager to come into a new club and not even give a guy a chance that suggests he wont change his ideas no matter what which hes proved this season.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:57 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:03 am wrote:I dont think its unfair at all.

we have been misfiring and the defence has got its stick along woth the manager as well as Gerrard from the midfield.

However playing as a striker you have the job of putting the ball in the net and against QPR,Newcastle and Hull he had absolute sitters that he spurned. Even if he had returned 0 in 7 but put in the effort i would cut him slack but he looks lazy he is constantly offside If i was offered him or crouch back i know who i would pick

He may have missed a sitter or two but the team as a whole has only scored 14 goals or something. I don't think Balo is the root of the problem, just another symptom.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Red Focus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 am wrote:If we finish mid table, Rodgers should have the decency to resign. He spent 200M since he was appointed and spent mostly on mediocre players, such a manager doesn't deserve to continue with a club of Liverpool's stature. Fsg needs to go too, this is not the 70s and 80s anymore, it's a new era of trillionaire owners who will not make the manager look for bargain players all the time. If they cannot compete with Chelski and City, they should not be in this game, unless they're contented with mid table finish every season. Last but not least, they were stupid enough to appoint a mid table manager with only one year experience in the PL to manage a big club like Liverpool. Wait a minute, actually Roberto Martinez was their first choice and when that fell through, they appointed Rodgers. Martinez was a great relegation dodger at Wigan and eventually were relegated and fsg wanted him to manage Liverpool. Where is their common sense?

Thats a bit unfair on FSG.  They have given him 200M its not like we've not competed with City/Chelsea/United in recent years (with money spent)

It's just bad transfer after bad transfer, not just from Rodgers, but from Kenny before him. Cr@p after cr@p after cr@p.  The money was always there, just no one had any idea what to do with it!
Kopite-Jud

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:44 pm

We're not very different to any other set of deplorable fans in the country.  And thats something to be sad about. 
You'll never walk alone is our anthem... but sadly Rafa, Kenny and probably Rodgers will be left walking alone when things don't immediately work out as we want.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:48 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:44 pm wrote:We're not very different to any other set of deplorable fans in the country.  And thats something to be sad about. 
You'll never walk alone is our anthem... but sadly Rafa, Kenny and probably Rodgers will be left walking alone when things don't immediately work out as we want.

You forgot Woy Hodgson, or does he not count? :D

But seriously, only a select few actually want Rodgers out. The rest are just filling in the gaps where there's nothing to talk about by debating areas of interest. To suggest we're no better than other fans isn't totally fair. When it comes to the crunch, we all get on board.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:00 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:44 pm wrote:We're not very different to any other set of deplorable fans in the country.  And thats something to be sad about. 

Thing is jac that we are a business and rodgers is an employee of that business who has been given a job to do. he has been given sizable investment to help him do that job and in the end he can't complain about not hitting his targets and facing any consequences that might come his way.

Managers don't really give a stuff either as they often get a nice paycheck on their way out and a few months holiday spending that paycheck before they walk into another job  :nod In the past 3-4 weeks i have read interviews with rodgers and he has said he would also like to manage in spain one day and recently he said he might not be here in a few years  :laugh:  he is under no illusion as to what happens when you dont deliver at this level.

The most important thing is progress of the club. many believe we are in the right hands and he will turn it around but I'm not so sure he can with the players he has. he will need to be given more time and money and i am dead against the latter. he has returned very little in all those windows and I'm pretty sure his response will be that mistake's have been made and he can put it right.  he has been talking about poor transfers and how we cannot repeat past managers mistakes since he took the job and then he goes and does exactly the same as they did. not just in one window either. last summer was the one where he was going to put it right by adding quality over quantity and then look at what he went and did. he can't even impose his philosophy due to all the bad purchases and I don't think he even knows what his best 11 is  :no  thats shocking after this amount of time and i don't agree with those who think he should practically be given another clean slate.

Our owners are the ones who sent those managers down that road and rodgers has already been given more time than they had along with funding, so he can't have any complaints if he gets sent down the same route.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Let's be honest here. How many people on this forum were happy when we signed Balotelli? My first reaction was panic buy. And so it was there is no use trying to defend Balotelli because he carnt be that think that he cannot follow instructions, with is the managers job. So ultimately Rodgers has fooled this up among other illogical decisions. Don't get me wrong I love LFC that every season when it turns bad does my head in. I don't want us to be bought out by a sugar daddy,but the way football is in this day and age it seems the only way to be successful. Oh how I hark back to the 70,s and 80,s when we were KINGS
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion