Kuyt

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:51 pm

GOAT

If you read the post again mate you will see that the guy is quoted as saying "having a hand" in 110 goals from 101 games. I would take that as meaning that he has scored and "had a hand (i.e. assisted) in" 110 goals in 101 games!! :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby kingycrouch » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:37 pm

:p
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:45 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:GOAT

If you read the post again mate you will see that the guy is quoted as saying "having a hand" in 110 goals from 101 games. I would take that as meaning that he has scored and "had a hand (i.e. assisted) in" 110 goals in 101 games!! :D

ah ok then  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:42 pm

stew_the_red wrote:Taken from a thread from the LFC.TV website:

This is taken from another LFC forum posted by a Dutch fan

Hi Guys , Im from The Netherlands and a Feyenoord supporter and read about Liverpool's interest in our Cult Hero Dirk Kuyt.....

I'll give you some info on him as you probably dont know a lot about him..

Dirk started off playing for Fc Utrecht as a right winger and was being played as a striker in his final season there , and because of his sensational performances he was quickly snapped up by Feyenoord for 700.00 pounds .

He also has 16 caps for Holland (as a right winger) and he found the net 4 times. Kuyt is reckoned to be worth 17.5 million Euro's (11.5 million pounds) but if you give us Jan Kromkamp in reverse the fee offcourse may be lower as we want Kromkamp badly as we need a good right full back.

Dirk Kuyt is quite similar to Alan Shearer. Kuyt is by far the fittest football player in Holland and is the hardest working striker I have ever seen. Dirk Kuyt has only missed 1 League match in the past 5 years as you can see below and he is never injured !!

He also is a leader as he is Feyenoord's captain . Dirk is not the fastest player in the world but his will power takes him very far. He's a lethal finisher and creates an amazing amount of goals for the team as well. He can hold up play very well because he is very strong. His weaker points are his first touch and his left foot is not very good. His heading could also do with some improving (not as much as the other 2 points)

Here are some stats of him....

1998/99 FC Utrecht 28 5 Eredivisie
1999/00 FC Utrecht 32 6 Eredivisie
2000/01 FC Utrecht 32 13 Eredivisie
2001/02 FC Utrecht 34 7 Eredivisie
2002/03 FC Utrecht 34 20 Eredivisie
2003/04 Feyenoord 34 20 Eredivisie - 8 assists
2004/05 Feyenoord 34 29 Eredivisie - 13 assists !!
2005/06 Feyenoord 33 22 Eredivisie - 18 assists !!

As you can see Dirk Kuyt has been a major players for Feyenoord having a hand in 110 goals in 101 games !!

This does not mean that he will be a sucess in England.

Mateja Kezman had an equally prolific if not more strike rate befoe his move to Chlelsea but we al saw how awful he realy was in this country.

I know itsa risk but i dont want Rafa to fork out to much for Kuijt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:09 pm

My brothers fiance's grandads next door neighbour reckons Kuyt is the best player in Holland at the moment. Thats enough for me. :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:56 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:My brothers fiance's grandads next door neighbour reckons Kuyt is the best player in Holland at the moment. Thats enough for me. :D

Im going to go out on a limb here.

A lot of Kuijts goals are either poor defensive or goalkeepin errors or just really easy goals liek Cisse has scored this season.

If we were to go for an available Dutch striker id prefer we go for someone like Van Der Vaart. He is a much more natural striker but thats just my opinion.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:02 pm

since when has Van Der Vaart been a striker?
kobashi

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:03 pm

He always plays in an advanced role as a striker most of the time just Garcia has done from time to time

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:04 pm

Van Der Vaart been a striker

van der vaart a left attacking mid
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:My brothers fiance's grandads next door neighbour reckons Kuyt is the best player in Holland at the moment. Thats enough for me. :D

A lot of Kuijts goals are either poor defensive or goalkeepin errors or just really easy goals liek Cisse has scored this season.

If we were to go for an available Dutch striker id prefer we go for someone like Van Der Vaart. He is a much more natural striker but thats just my opinion.

Bav, does "going out on a limb" mean...

1) you are just guessing about Kuyt's ability

or is it to suggest that

2) you've watched him play and that, based on what you've seen, you're worried that he's not good enough; nonetheless, you realize that he's a popular target for fans on this board and are thus "going out on a limb" by taking up a potentially unpopular counter-position

I'm not taking the p!ss, I'm just curious.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:16 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

A lot of Kuijts goals are either poor defensive or goalkeepin errors or just really easy goals like Cisse has scored this season.

or is it to suggest that

2) you've watched him play and that, based on what you've seen, you're worried that he's not good enough; nonetheless, you realize that he's a popular target for fans on this board and are thus "going out on a limb" by taking up a potentially unpopular counter-position

Well ive seen him wek in week out for he last few years on Eurogoals and i just get the feeling that he is another Cisse but cheaper.

Alot of people on here have just seen his compilations ad are making judgement that we should get him. But those sort of compilations can make any player look great. I could probabaly put together one for Morientes with the few he scored here and still make him look better than he actually was.

I think he will be a big gamble. We are lucky we have a few players from midfield who can get goals so the strikers dont get shown up too much but up fron I think we need to get someone homegrown who is proven.

When i said im going out on a limb i know full well it could be thrown back in my face as you only have to look as Van Horstelrrooy to see how well he turned out but at the same time look at Kezman who had a record just as good.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:22 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

A lot of Kuijts goals are either poor defensive or goalkeepin errors or just really easy goals like Cisse has scored this season.

or is it to suggest that

Well ive seen him wek in week out for he last few years on Eurogoals and i just get the feeling that he is another Cisse but cheaper.

Alot of people on here have just seen his compilations ad are making judgement that we should get him. But those sort of compilations can make any player look great. I could probabaly put together one for Morientes with the few he scored here and still make him look better than he actually was.

I think he will be a big gamble. We are lucky we have a few players from midfield who can get goals so the strikers dont get shown up too much but up fron I think we need to get someone homegrown who is proven.

When i said im going out on a limb i know full well it could be thrown back in my face as you only have to look as Van Horstelrrooy to see how well he turned out but at the same time look at Kezman who had a record just as good.

Fair enough, mate.  I've seen virtually nothing of Kuyt myself and opinion seems somewhat divided on here so I'm curious to hear people's reasoning behind their views on this kid.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

or is it to suggest that

Fair enough, mate.  I've seen virtually nothing of Kuyt myself and opinion seems somewhat divided on here so I'm curious to hear people's reasoning behind their views on this kid.

Im be more than happy to see him prove me wrong but the last thing any of us want is for money to be wasted.

Its a shame high profile players cant train with the squad on a trial basis before any desicions are made so that the coach can really see for himself how the player fairs.

The good thing though is that we have Crouch and Fowler to play along side him should even come to us so im not that worried.

Did anyone see Holland play the Ivory Coast the other day ? I didnt watch it but wanted to know if he played ect....?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:36 pm

bavlondon wrote:Did anyone see Holland play the Ivory Coast the other day ? I didnt watch it but wanted to know if he played ect....?

He didn't play a minute of that game, primarily because Van Persie had a blinder on the night.  As a result, Kuyt may not get much of a look in for the Dutch this tournament.  Van Basten seems to like Van Nistleroy up front alone, supported by Robben on the left and another striker on the right.  Van Persie was that right-sided striker in the last match and did so well that I can't see him being dropped TBH.  Kuyt may be limited to substitute appearances unless Van Persie's on a yellow (not sure if he is), in which case he (RVP) might be dropped against Argentina to ensure he doesn't pick up a second card and a one-match ban.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:37 am

LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill