Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:09 am

Luca Toni would've cost a bomb..

BOJINOV!

Hopefully. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:27 am

i know its not the done thing to pinch things off other forums... and that when it does happen, its just one mans opinion, and not fact, but i though this was an interesting read and thought we could all benefit from the view of someone who watches him every single week....

quote taken from koptalk forum:

--------------------

Why is it that people on here insist we sign Kuyt?

How many of you watch him week in week out i'd love to know? As a dutchman myself I can tell you that our league is very poor.

Kuyt has scored alot of goals even in his time at Utrecht and has been a revelation for Feeynord who happen to be my team at home (so i'm not biased).
But we must sign someone of greater technical quality than Dirk. He will be shown up in england. People on here describe him as a powerhouse striker, great in the air etc.

You are wrong. He is good in the air (no better than morientes) and comparisons with Shearer with regards his strength are laughable.

He is 100% not capable of playing as a loan frontman in England. He does so on some occasions in the eredivisie but his best work comes when he drops deep.
In my opinion he isn't technically a good enough player to be effective in england in this role.

The best comparison I can make with a player in england would be morientes. Kuyt is better strenghtwise but morientes has more guile to his game.

Now I'm of the opinion Moro should be sold so to suggest Dirk Kuyt as one of the replacements is ludicrous. That is the opinion of a dutchman who watches him week in week out.

If we paid 12million for Kuyt and he will flop, we will be looking to resell an ineffective forward for 4-5 million in 3 seasons time. I guarantee you that. And this is coming from a guy whose second club is feeynord and loves to see him score.

-----------

now while that is only one mans opinion... i do think it raises eyebrows...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:10 am

I lurv ze Dutch pepol..

Zey are sooo honest-e.

:D

Sounded like that gay Ali G persona for a moment ..

Vat vaz eez name.. ooh yes.. Br-oo-no..

:D

In all seriousness, it does question Kuyts ability to adapt in the Premiership..

Though it sounds very convincing, its only one man's opinion.

Besides.. dont we already have a tall striker who's good in the air?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:46 pm

i still think we can land kujit.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Tue May 23, 2006 9:00 am

From SSN:

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has expressed a desire to join Newcastle United.

The Holland international is among Magpies manager Glenn Roeder's top transfer targets as he prepares for his first full season in charge.

Roeder revealed his admiration for the 25-year-old in April and confirmed he was having the prolific hit-man scouted.

The Newcastle boss has now been given the incentive to pursue his interest after Kuyt confirmed a wish to move to St James' Park.

"I would love to play in the North East," stated Kuyt.

"When I was young, I loved Italian football, but only because van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit were playing for AC Milan.

"Now, I'd rather play in England. I love English football. I also think my style of play is completely right for The Premiership.

"A club like Newcastle would be my dream."

Kuyt would arrive in The Premiership with cast-iron credentials after hitting at least 20 goals in each of the past four seasons.

He is unlikely to come cheap, however, and Roeder is likely to have to persuade Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd to spend in excess of £10 million to bring Kuyt to Tyneside.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 23, 2006 9:17 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its all lies he said he will only go to a club that is in the CL every season, he may aswell stay with Feyenoord than go to Newcastle who havent won a trophey for 50 years.
Ill be feckin gutted if he goes there and we dont bid for him.
Rafa sign that man please forget Bellamy, Defoe, Bent, Dirk Kuyt is tailor made for Liverpool.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue May 23, 2006 9:20 am

Ciggy wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its all lies he said he will only go to a club that is in the CL every season, he may aswell stay with Feyenoord than go to Newcastle who havent won a trophey for 50 years.
Ill be feckin gutted if he goes there and we dont bid for him.
Rafa sign that man please forget Bellamy, Defoe, Bent, Dirk Kuyt is tailor made for Liverpool.

I agree with you, last year he said he wants to join Liverpool! now its newcastle

He just wants to leave  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 23, 2006 9:40 am

metalhead wrote:He just wants to leave  :D

But I dont believe for one minute he has said that about Newcastle, noway Real Madrid, Arsenal and us have been watching him why on earth would he say that about the barcodes :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue May 23, 2006 10:43 am

I blame that poxy movie Goal for this
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 23, 2006 11:05 am

Probably looking at this guys as he knows Michael Owen is leaving the toon!!   :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue May 23, 2006 11:51 am

Ciggy wrote:
metalhead wrote:He just wants to leave  :D

But I dont believe for one minute he has said that about Newcastle, noway Real Madrid, Arsenal and us have been watching him why on earth would he say that about the barcodes :no

Must be drunk or on "hasheesh"  :D  :laugh:

But i think he is desperate to leave thats why he is saying alot of stupid comments or maybe he wants to join liverpool but the media twisted the word and put newcastle  :angry:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 23, 2006 11:57 am

metalhead wrote:But i think he is desperate to leave thats why he is saying alot of stupid comments or maybe he wants to join liverpool but the media twisted the word and put newcastle  :angry:

He's not desprate to leave though, media twisting comments that dont exsist.  :O

http://www.kuyt-online.com/index1.htm

This is from his own website, he will only leave Feyenoord for CL football, he has been at Feyenoord for 3 years and and doesnt want to walk away with an empty feeling.

Also this article:

/5/2006 - Kuyt Speler van het Jaar van Sportweek

Dirk Kuyt is door het weekblad Sportweek uitgeroepen tot Speler van het Jaar in Nederland. Hij bleef de PSV´ers Farfan (nr 2) en Cocu (nr 3) voor. Kuyt kreeg de beker uit handen van Zeljko Petrovic, zijn voormalige trainer. Sportweek komt deze week met een competitie-special waarin het ter gelegenheid van de uitverkiezing van Kuyt een uitgebreid interview met de aanvaller van Feyenoord heeft.
Feyenoord Netwerk
"Ik ga niet naar een middenmoter uit Engeland. Daar vind ik Feyenoord veel te goed voor. Ik wil hier niet na drie jaar met een leeg gevoel weg. Dan moet er echt iets heel moois komen. Als ik met die schaal in mijn handen had gestaan, had ik met opgeheven hoofd kunnen vertrekken. Nu is het moeilijker. Ik weet: het wederzijds respect is er. Als ik aangeef dat ik toe ben aan een nieuwe stap, weet ik dat er met me wordt meegedacht. Maar dan nog moet het een grote club zijn, waarbij het gevoel helemaal goed is. Zoals bij FC Utrecht en Feyenoord. En misschien komt die club nog helemaal niet.”

Dirk Kuyt when he won dutch player of the year

He recieved the trophey, he said I will not go to a middle of the road club in England, Feyenoord is better than that, if I leave here it has to be for something very special.

If he had a scale in his hand, and he thinks with his head rather than his heart he was already gone, Its very difficult for him to leave and he has loads of respect for Feyenoord.
He will noly leave for a very big club where theres a good feeling and everythings great.
Like at F.C.Utrecht and Feyenoord but maybe that club will never come for me.

Now these are his own words not from some tabloid sh.ite journo, none of these things that he has said points to him signing for Newcastle.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 23, 2006 1:06 pm

For those who haven't seen him I can assure you if Kuyt came here he would be a regular...

However, if your knowledge if the english game is limited Dirky lad, I'll fill you in....You don't want a club like Newcastle, very much like Inter Milan, underachiving bag's of sh#te with some of the worst fans in the world....

Now if you'd have said, Man U, Arsenal or us then yeah, but not Newcastle kid, for the sake of your career not Newcastle. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue May 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Kuyt strikes me as more of a target man and not someone who will score that many goals ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 23, 2006 2:13 pm

Paul C wrote:Kuyt strikes me as more of a target man and not someone who will score that many goals ???

He's averaged 20 goals a season or more for Feyenoord, target men don't score that many goals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill