Dirk kuyt - Just watched him play

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:25 am

First off - I searched for a topic on him, but none came up.

Right - I've just seen him playing in the Dutch League against relegation-fodder, and I'll be honest - he was sh*te.

He has boundless energy, but on this performance he would offer us nothing but running.

He was tackled constantly, his control wasn't exactly awe-inspiring, and I didn't see him get a shot on target.

Seriously - if this chap is as good as people say, he sure as hell didn't show it tonight.

Get David Villa in Rafa, and let Tottenham have this lad.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:55 am

Maybe it was an off night for him, I seem to remember a lot of people on this forum were keen on him a while ago.  Personally I think we could find a better forward.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:31 am

??? maybe we watched the same game Lando, but I was thinking the same. He was so slow , just a big plodder like a young fit Ian Dowie  :no makes crouch look like van basten
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:23 am

delgado of basle last night looked reasonble, unless it was a one off display
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 am

im with lando on david villa (thats sounds naughty but isnt lol) but villa would cost a lot of money.
hes just consistently brilliant at the moment.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:17 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:First off - I searched for a topic on him, but none came up.

Right - I've just seen him playing in the Dutch League against relegation-fodder, and I'll be honest - he was sh*te.

He has boundless energy, but on this performance he would offer us nothing but running.

He was tackled constantly, his control wasn't exactly awe-inspiring, and I didn't see him get a shot on target.

Seriously - if this chap is as good as people say, he sure as hell didn't show it tonight.

Get David Villa in Rafa, and let Tottenham have this lad.  :no

Well i actually seen him play with the national team.

He does have alot of energy, and he played superbly well in one of the games, i forgot which game.

But we can't judge him on one performance can we?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:21 am

His father has been diagnosed with cancer and hasnt got long to live, his form has been awful naturally.....what can anyone expect?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:21 am

Ciggy wrote:His father has been diagnosed with cancer and hasnt got long to live, his form has been awful naturally.....what can anyone expect?

I didn't know that Ciggy - I'm sorry.

That would explain his form.

Best wishes to his Father.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:52 am

I lost my dad to cancer a few years ago and its absolutely heart wrenching

Poor guy

Best wishes Mr Kuyt snr

:)
RedWolf35

Postby Paul C » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:52 pm

From Teamtalk.com:

The talented Dutch international is viewed as a long-term successor to Alan Shearer - but has been strongly linked with Spurs and Spanish giants Real Madrid among others.

Newcastle checked him out before eventually landing Michael Owen for £17million last August.

But with Shearer retiring at the end of the season and Owen still recovering from injury, the Magpies have confirmed they are still interested in Kuyt.

Chief scout David Mills was due to be in Holland on Friday night to watch the player in Feyenoord's Eredivisie clash with Heerenveen.

"Just because we have not yet appointed a permanent manager, it doesn't means that our scouting team is not out there looking at players," said chairman Freddy Shepherd.

The 21-goal Dutch striker would command a sizeable fee, but Glenn Roeder has few doubts about his quality.

"Kuyt is a top player and I believe he'll have a great World Cup for Holland in the summer," he said. "For me, he is out of the (Ruud) van Nistelrooy mould, and I'm a big admirer of both."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Paul C wrote:From Teamtalk.com:

The talented Dutch international is viewed as a long-term successor to Alan Shearer - but has been strongly linked with Spurs and Spanish giants Real Madrid among others.

Newcastle checked him out before eventually landing Michael Owen for £17million last August.

But with Shearer retiring at the end of the season and Owen still recovering from injury, the Magpies have confirmed they are still interested in Kuyt.

Chief scout David Mills was due to be in Holland on Friday night to watch the player in Feyenoord's Eredivisie clash with Heerenveen.

"Just because we have not yet appointed a permanent manager, it doesn't means that our scouting team is not out there looking at players," said chairman Freddy Shepherd.

The 21-goal Dutch striker would command a sizeable fee, but Glenn Roeder has few doubts about his quality.

"Kuyt is a top player and I believe he'll have a great World Cup for Holland in the summer," he said. "For me, he is out of the (Ruud) van Nistelrooy mould, and I'm a big admirer of both."

just a couple of things paul

1) If Kuyt has a brain in that head of his, he'll go nowhere near that landmine of a club.

2) Teamtalk is W*nk. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:01 pm

stmichael wrote:
Paul C wrote:From Teamtalk.com:

just a couple of things paul

1) If Kuyt has a brain in that head of his, he'll go nowhere near that landmine of a club.

2) Teamtalk is W*nk. :D

To be honest I'm not ar53d about us signing Kuyt so I hope it is true  :;):  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafafan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:49 pm

I have seen him play a few times, he would be an asset i reckon!
Rafa = The good times are back!
Rafafan

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:06 am

I've seen him play against top opposition and I rate him quite highly.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Choggerz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:05 pm

i dunno what game u guys watched but i think dirk kuyt is class id love to have him here, oh and forget villa he'd cost a fortune, what about luca toni :D
ImageImageImage
Choggerz

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill