Kuyt

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby coolsobs » Wed May 24, 2006 10:17 am

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has claimed Liverpool are keen to sign him, just a day after confirming he would love to join fellow suitors Newcastle.

The Holland international, who is part of his country's World Cup squad, looks all set to quit his homeland in the summer and it is The Premiership that has caught his imagination.

Newcastle are known to be long-term admirers of the prolific hit-man and feel his physical attributes would allow him to adapt quickly to the demands of English football.

While Newcastle look to be in pole position, should they firm up initial interest, Kuyt has now claimed Liverpool too hold a desire to secure his services for next season.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez seems almost certain to add to his striking ranks in the summer and while previously the name of Jermain Defoe has most frequently been mentioned, Kuyt feels he could be the man to move to Anfield.

"Jorien van den Herik [Feyenoord president] has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions, but it is out of my hands,'' Kuyt told The Independent.

"I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord. I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League.

"Last year that was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

The 25-year-old has scored 71 goals in 101 games for Feyenoord and it is this type of goalscoring pedigree that will mean either Newcastle or Liverpool would have to shell out in excess of £10 million to land him.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....nterest

Is it just me are isnt it a bit odd he should say this just a day after declaring he likes newcastle, seems a bit desperate to me
???  ???
coolsobs

Postby Garymac » Wed May 24, 2006 10:34 am

Most strikers do it, say they want to move to one club to sound out another, i wouldnt be suprised if this was Kuyts case, he makes people aware Newcastle want him and other clubs will make there move, probably the work of his agent.

If we wasnt made aware of Everton going for Sissoko last season, are one man tackling machine would be playing for them now.

Something tells me Kuyt has made a very wise move here and i would love to see him signing for us for next season.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Wed May 24, 2006 10:34 am

Still only a rumour
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed May 24, 2006 10:48 am

It is a rumpour....but a rumour I would very much like to see come true. being half dutch myself I follow dutch football and the national team really closely and I am a big fan of Kuyt. Along with Robben, van der vaart and Sneijder to name a few Holland have some superb talent coming through. I would take Kuyt in a heartbeat, he can play right side midfield or upfront which are exactly the positions which we need to strengthen
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed May 24, 2006 11:10 am

RedorDead wrote:It is a rumpour....but a rumour I would very much like to see come true. being half dutch myself I follow dutch football and the national team really closely and I am a big fan of Kuyt. Along with Robben, van der vaart and Sneijder to name a few Holland have some superb talent coming through. I would take Kuyt in a heartbeat, he can play right side midfield or upfront which are exactly the positions which we need to strengthen

He can play on the right  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Wed May 24, 2006 11:16 am

RedorDead wrote:It is a rumpour....but a rumour I would very much like to see come true. being half dutch myself I follow dutch football and the national team really closely and I am a big fan of Kuyt. Along with Robben, van der vaart and Sneijder to name a few Holland have some superb talent coming through. I would take Kuyt in a heartbeat, he can play right side midfield or upfront which are exactly the positions which we need to strengthen

71 goals in 101 games is a great record.

But I remember Kezman having a even more enviable record but he couldn't cut it in the Premier League.
GunGod

Postby Garymac » Wed May 24, 2006 11:18 am

to be honest i want Kuyt but ive had enough of us paying 10 miliion plus on strikers who can suposedly play on the right, look at are record buys, Heskey, Diouf and Cisse and look where they all fuc*ing ended up, as far as im aware, Kuyt is an out and out striker, never ever seen him play on the right.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby coolsobs » Wed May 24, 2006 11:30 am

isn't kuyt left footed? I doubt he could play on the right
coolsobs

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 24, 2006 11:51 am

isn't kuyt left footed? I doubt he could play on the right

When I have watched Kuyt play he was very one footed but I THOUGHT he was right footed. He has never really impressed me on the couple of occasions I watched him, but he did score a good goal and has a fierce shot.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:53 am

Garymac wrote:to be honest i want Kuyt but ive had enough of us paying 10 miliion plus on strikers who can suposedly play on the right, look at are record buys, Heskey, Diouf and Cisse and look where they all fuc*ing ended up,.

That's a fair point  :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Livor » Wed May 24, 2006 12:27 pm

i would like that rumour to go ahead aswell
Livor

Postby tubby » Wed May 24, 2006 12:50 pm

We want a striker who can score 20 a season and to be honest the best place in here in the Premiership. If we went for someone abroad it woul donly mean that we would not know if they could adjust or not. As someone quite rightly pointed out Kezman had a great record but didnt do jack in the EPL. If were going to go for someone forgien we should go for someone with real skill like Aguero.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Wed May 24, 2006 1:11 pm

I think he has all the right attributes for EPL, but then again I also thought Morientes did, Diouf was class, and believed GH when he said Cheyrou was the new Zidane, so shows how much I know!

I do agree with the fact that we need to buy a striker to play up front & a winger to play on the right. I'd be pretty p!ssed off if we bought him & played him on the right, a la Diouf & Cisse.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed May 24, 2006 1:17 pm

I am in a trainspotter mood - here are some recent stats for Kuyt.

Season        Club  Matches Goals
1998/1999 FC Utrecht 28 5
1999/2000 FC Utrecht 32 6
2000/2001 FC Utrecht 32 13
2001/2002 FC Utrecht 34 7
2002/2003 FC Utrecht 34 20
2003/2004 Feyenoord 34 20
2004/2005 Feyenoord 34 29
2005/2006 Feyenoord 33 22

Not bad.....
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed May 24, 2006 1:22 pm

Kuyt has played on the right wing for both Feyenoord and the dutch national team but has obviously become an out and out striker of late with his superb scoroing record. And saying that we should buy a 20-goal-a-season striker from the premiership is a little easier said than done isn't it? How many can you name with that quality that are available? Zero...that's right. I think for us to buy a top striker it will have to come from abroad, but then so did Van Nistlerooy and Henry so to uncover another one of them would be be ok with me. Every transfer is a gamble, no matter how "proven" the player.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill