Kuyt

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm

From ESPN:

Liverpool fail to meet asking price for Kuyt

Dirk Kuyt's agent has questioned Liverpool's hopes of landing the striker, insisting he will not move to Anfield unless the club meet Feyenoord's valuation.

The 25-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Anfield as the Reds look to increase their goalscoring options ahead of the forthcoming season.
Newcastle are also reportedly interested but the player's agent Rob Jansen believes he will remain at Feyenoord as both clubs seem unlikely to pay the Eredivisie side's £13.7million price.
'Dirk will not be signing for Liverpool any time soon,' Jansen told AD Sportwereld.
'He is also not negotiating with any other English club for that matter.
'Both clubs do not want to pay what Feyenoord wants.
'If foreign clubs don't have the money to buy Kuyt then he will stay with Feyenoord, it's that simple.'
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:49 pm

Kuyt on his way to Anfield?

Rumours are rife that Dirk Kuyt will finally join Liverpool after the striker was withdrawn from playing in a friendly yesterday, despite the Feynoord website claiming previously that he was in line to play. It is believed Liverpool and Feynoord are getting closer to a deal, whilst Kuyt is believed to have been given permission to talk to Liverpool and given a verbal agreement on a four year contract.
This story has been reported in the Dutch press this morning, with the fee believed to be around £12 million. This move was always on the cards once Benitez chose to sign Jermaine Pennant, rather than pay the £12 million Sevilla were asking for Daniel Alves.
If this move were to come off, along with the Pennant deal, this would most likely spell the end of the reds summer spending for the first team, although deals are still in the pipeline for youngsters Esteban Granero, Fran Merida and Lazaros Christodoulopoulos.
===>Link<===
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:23 pm

i think rafa should give harry 1 more season he played well last season and hopefully will get better.
Last edited by jkop on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:57 pm

I think Rafa should just sign those two Spanish starlets.

Our strikeforce can hold up until January comes and we'll see who's available then. :D

We're priced out of a move for Kuyt and I think, Trezeguet and with the season being so near and all that, why not Rafa concentrate on the team instead of wasting his time with inflated transfer fees and bastard theiving clubs?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:27 am

Maybe this 20 year old Greek dude can play in the 1st team and Rafa won't be required to look for another striker until January.

Various sources report that Rafa is lining up Kuyt and is willing to use Dudek and Kromkamp as makeweights.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:46 pm

I know it's Clubcall but they report the below:

Kuyt negotiations begin

2006-08-07 12:58

Liverpool have reportedly opened negotiations with Feyenoord for striker Dirk Kuyt.
It appears Reds boss Rafael Benitez's search for a new forward has come to an end, with Liverpool prepared to pay the £10million asking price for the Dutch international.

With several fringe players set to leave Anfield, Benitez will use the funds to land the coveted 24-year-old, who is also wanted by Newcastle United.

Kuyt has indicated his preference is to move to Anfield, and is hoping to finalise a move this week.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:20 pm

Well if he is actually any good then 10 million quid for a 24 year old (I must confess I thought he was older than that) striker who has just broken into a top end national team represents decent value in todays market. I think you can safely assume that if Chelsea, Man Utd, Barca or one of the other big-spending clubs in Europe had come in for him then he would be going for more than that and would therefore be out of our reach.

Once more we've got to hope that the gaffer is calling it right in his swim against the tide of opinion because although 10 mill' may look relatively cheap, it still represents a huge outlay of the funds which are available. He's chased the fella for the best part of a year now though so if nothing else he can't be accused of a panic buy and my monies on Rafa to prove us all wrong and for Kuyt to turn out to be a good player if he signs. Needless to say if he goes to Newcastle my money is on him turning out to be garbage :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:00 am

bigmick wrote:Needless to say if he goes to Newcastle my money is on him turning out to be garbage :D .

That's sound!  :laugh:

If not garbage then at least he's odds on to become a sick note with the barcodes!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby sworth26 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:26 am

sworth26

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:06 am

Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know. Good that it is now making decent papers as opposed to the usual rumour mill of the Mirror.

I believe this deal has all but been done (don't ask me why I just have a feeling) and Kuyt will swan into Anfield without any major fuss later this week.  :nod
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Red H » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12 pm

I find it difficult to speculate on a player I have seen so little of.  If RB rates him I hope we get him.
The Barcodes are desparate to sigh anyone, with their relative lack of success I wonder where the cash, and the incentive to play for them comes from.
Red H

Postby madred » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:05 pm

Rafael Benitez was last night closing in on his main summer transfer target Dirk Kuyt.

Liverpool are near to agreeing terms with Feyenoord on a deal for the 26-year-old Holland international thought to be worth in the region of £10million.

Liverpool had a £10m offer for Kuyt rejected by the Dutch team last month, but that was a deal worth £6m up front and included Jerzy Dudek and Jan Kromkamp moving back to Holland.

However, the new offer to Feyenoord is a cash-only deal, with Benitez deciding on making a fresh move for the forward after raising £2m from the sale of Djimi Traore to Charlton Athletic earlier this week.

Benitez is a long-time admirer of Kuyt, who was a transfer target for Everton last season and has been attracting strong interest from Newcastle United.

Kuyt informed Feyenoord of his intention to leave the club on his return from World Cup duty in Germany this summer, with the striker understood to prefer a move to Anfield. Now that transfer looks increasingly likely, with negotiations at an advanced stage.

Lets hope this is the week we finally land him after the dissapointment over Alves.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:15 pm

madred wrote:Rafael Benitez was last night closing in on his main summer transfer target Dirk Kuyt.

Liverpool are near to agreeing terms with Feyenoord on a deal for the 26-year-old Holland international thought to be worth in the region of £10million.

Liverpool had a £10m offer for Kuyt rejected by the Dutch team last month, but that was a deal worth £6m up front and included Jerzy Dudek and Jan Kromkamp moving back to Holland.

However, the new offer to Feyenoord is a cash-only deal, with Benitez deciding on making a fresh move for the forward after raising £2m from the sale of Djimi Traore to Charlton Athletic earlier this week.

Benitez is a long-time admirer of Kuyt, who was a transfer target for Everton last season and has been attracting strong interest from Newcastle United.

Kuyt informed Feyenoord of his intention to leave the club on his return from World Cup duty in Germany this summer, with the striker understood to prefer a move to Anfield. Now that transfer looks increasingly likely, with negotiations at an advanced stage.

Lets hope this is the week we finally land him after the dissapointment over Alves.

Oh lets just get this one done now, kuyt looks the most likely striker to join, im not 100% convinced by him but rafa knows whats hes doing and kuyt could do very well
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:01 am

10m? I think the guy will be a good signing but i'd prefer ashton for 10m and throw in pongo.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:06 am

BOODIDDY wrote:10m? I think the guy will be a good signing but i'd prefer ashton for 10m and throw in pongo.

I'd prefer Ashton too, it's gone a bit quiet  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill