Dirk kuyt - Just watched him play

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 1:29 am

He is clueless but when they bid they do bid, look at Rooney they bid 20 million for him totally going over every top club in Europes head there was only a handfull of clubs that could have signed him after they put that bid in.
Maybe Real, Barca, AC Milan and Man U had to pay 30 million for him because Newcastle had put a 20 million bid in there was noway the bitters where gona take a penny less.

The same with feyenoord we wanted to pay 10 million for Kuyt last year they said its not enough, now look at the Owen saga they knew he wanted back here, they totally outbid us so we could'nt get him Real Madrid wanted the higest asking price and they doubled their money after a year.

We do our business private they boast and leak details to the press if we want to buy Kuyt for say 12 million they will offer 15 its a cert.

Of course they will, it's like a bidding auction. However the difference is that the club [Feyenoord] can't make Kuyt leave to a club that is bidding the most amount of money if he doesn't want to go.

For instance, Lyon last season put up a 10 million pound bid on Baros. We of course accepted, but Baros didn't want to go to Lyon and therefore it didn't matter. Villa signed him for 6 million, less than what Lyon bid but Baros accepted to go to Villa rather than Lyon.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 24, 2006 8:49 am

If the Kuyt deal comes down to money (i.e. the player chasing the highest fee/weekly wage) then let Newcastle have him. If he wants to win things and compete at the top level then he will join LFC. Provided the guys ambitions are footbal orientated then he will be at Anfield (if Rafa wants him that is!!) :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite til i die » Wed May 24, 2006 9:00 am

***********watch this space and all welcome to call me on it if i'm wrong************

Got a mate (can't say who as he's very close to somebody from the club) who assures me Kuyt is virtually done and dusted £11m and in by the end of this week!!!!!!

Nando is just hanging on for £1m payout to make up the wage diff he'll lose in the move to Betis!!!!!!!!!

Pls don't ask for source as can't disclose but if i'm wrong i'm sure you'll all let me know!!!!
BUT I@M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha  :D
kopite til i die

Postby Paul C » Wed May 24, 2006 9:02 am

From SSN:

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has claimed Liverpool are keen to sign him, just a day after confirming he would love to join fellow suitors Newcastle.

The Holland international, who is part of his country's World Cup squad, looks all set to quit his homeland in the summer and it is The Premiership that has caught his imagination.

Newcastle are known to be long-term admirers of the prolific hit-man and feel his physical attributes would allow him to adapt quickly to the demands of English football.

While Newcastle look to be in pole position, should they firm up initial interest, Kuyt has now claimed Liverpool too hold a desire to secure his services for next season.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez seems almost certain to add to his striking ranks in the summer and while previously the name of Jermain Defoe has most frequently been mentioned, Kuyt feels he could be the man to move to Anfield.

"Jorien van den Herik [Feyenoord president] has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions, but it is out of my hands,'' Kuyt told The Independent.

"I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord. I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League.

"Last year that was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

The 25-year-old has scored 71 goals in 101 games for Feyenoord and it is this type of goalscoring pedigree that will mean either Newcastle or Liverpool would have to shell out in excess of £10 million to land him.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 24, 2006 9:07 am

kopite til i die wrote:***********watch this space and all welcome to call me on it if i'm wrong************

Got a mate (can't say who as he's very close to somebody from the club) who assures me Kuyt is virtually done and dusted £11m and in by the end of this week!!!!!!

Nando is just hanging on for £1m payout to make up the wage diff he'll lose in the move to Betis!!!!!!!!!

Pls don't ask for source as can't disclose but if i'm wrong i'm sure you'll all let me know!!!!

Hopefully Rafa is sticking to his word and attempting to tie up his transfer dealings before the World Cup.

I await with baited breath on movements before the weekend kopite!!  ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed May 24, 2006 9:17 am

Ciggy wrote:
A.B. wrote:Shouldn't be too hard for Kuyt to decide.

Liverpool: big club, trophies won, CL football
Newcastle: wannabe big club, nothing won in 50 years, Intertoto Cup

No it should'nt mate but if he's still got 3 years left they will want the most money for him and The Fat Controller will outbid us, I duno why they have more money than us like but he will.
What is imperitive is that if we are going to sign him it has to be done before the WC because he could set the world on fire and his price will treble e.g. Diouf kunt.

I haven't seen this guy play but a while ago someone raised some doubts over his pace. I'm just thinking that with Crouch you need someone with pace. Wouldn't be suprised if Rafa goes in for both Kuyt and Bellamy who shouldn't be too expensive but first we would have to get rid of Cisse.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 am

kopite til i die wrote:***********watch this space and all welcome to call me on it if i'm wrong************

how many times have we heard that one?  :no

anyway, there's loads of press this morning linking us ot a kuyt move again. here is one from the guardian where he is 'urging' liverpool to come backk in for him.

worryingly though, the article also mentions we're getting outpriced in a bidding war for alves... but that's another thread.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite til i die » Wed May 24, 2006 10:10 am

Well just wait and see!!!!

i know you say "heard it all b4",but i'll have the last laugh on this 1 i'm sure!!!!!!

Wouldn't of put £20 on him to be LFC top scorer next season other wise!!!!!

Got 50-1!!!!!!!!
kopite til i die

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 24, 2006 11:09 am

Where did you get that price?? I am willing (or daft depending on which way you look at it) to put money on that!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby PCG77 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:21 am

What odds can i get on mark viduka being top scorer? he is the latest striker being bandied around at the moment according to the transfer rumours and gossip section from the BBC site
PCG77

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 24, 2006 11:27 am

Can't see us evern taking a 2nd glance at Viduka. He doesn't exactly fit into the Rafa (youth, speed, teamwork ethic) mould does he? Don't doubt the guy has ability but he is not for LFC!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed May 24, 2006 12:03 pm

From icteesside.co.uk:

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder will monitor the World Cup form of Holland striker Dirk Kuyt as he looks for a replacement for Alan Shearer.

The Magpies have been following the 25-year-old's progress for some time and the Feyenoord marksman's admission that he would love the chance to play for the club will not have done his chances of a summer move to Tyneside any harm.

Roeder and chairman Freddy Shepherd are also keeping an eye on the developing situation surrounding Kuyt's international colleague and Manchester United star Ruud van Nistelrooy, while they have in the past considered Middlesbrough duo Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - out of contract this summer - and Mark Viduka.

Tottenham's Jermain Defoe - who worked with the new Magpies' boss at West Ham - and Charlton's Darren Bent have also been the subject of speculation.

Roeder insists he has a series of potential targets in his sights, but admits Kuyt, who has scored 96 league goals for his club, is one of them.

"He is certainly one of several players we are looking at and I am looking forward to seeing him in Germany," he said.

"He's a player I like and I have found it interesting what he has had to say over the last few days.

"It doesn't really surprise me that he said he wanted to come here, though. Any player with the sort of quality he has would surely want to join a club like Newcastle.

"The opportunity to play in the Premiership in front of crowds of 52,000 is a big attraction."

Replacing Shearer will undoubtedly be Newcastle's most important - and most difficult - job this summer.

The 35-year-old scored 206 goals for the club over ten years and, even with Michael Owen still on board, the next man to wear the number nine shirt at St James' Park has a hard act to follow.

"It's a tradition, there's an expectation with our supporters that the number nine is worn by a striker who scores lots and lots of goals, someone they can attach themselves to," said Roeder.

"That's what they have done with Alan. All of our supporters genuinely believe they can touch Alan, that they, if you want, own a part of him, especially because he's a Geordie.

"I'm sure we will find a striker who is happy enough, confident enough and likes the pressure enough, to wear the number nine because it is a special shirt here at Newcastle.

"It's very important that when we find that striker, that he's the right striker.

"He won't be another Alan Shearer because you can't find another Alan Shearer.

"But we have to find a player who can score enough goals. They have to be approaching an average of 20 goals a season in the Premiership.

"They are not easy to find, but nothing is impossible. There is one out there and we must identify that striker who is happy, who wants to wear the number nine. That player will know the pressure that goes with that, and he's got to be able to carry that off."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 24, 2006 12:09 pm

Paul C wrote:"The opportunity to play in the Premiership in front of crowds of 52,000 is a big attraction."

Thats all very good Mr Roeder but wouldn't a player rather go to a club where he will win something???  :D

Somwhere like Liverpool perhaps!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed May 24, 2006 12:17 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Paul C wrote:"The opportunity to play in the Premiership in front of crowds of 52,000 is a big attraction."

Thats all very good Mr Roeder but wouldn't a player rather go to a club where he will win something???  :D

Somwhere like Liverpool perhaps!!

lmao, Newcastle fans are funny, such passion but it must be hard to stay like that when your team ain't won sh!te for 50 years  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed May 24, 2006 8:20 pm

is it welsh wizzard by any chance?  :D  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill