Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Feyenoorder » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:36 pm

As a Feyenoord fan I'm sorry to see Kuyt leave after we already lost Kalou to Chelski. But hey, now we got £ 12 million in our pockets after buying him from Utrecht for just 600.000 pounds, that's worth something too... ??? I guess we will have to wait another year to become champions of our so called Mickey Mouse competition.

For those of you who doubt if Kuyt is worth the money: he will make sure that every penny is well spended! I have to admit that I was wondering why Feyenoord bought him years ago, he looked a bit slow and his technical skills didn't seem all that great but boy, it didn't take him much time to prove me awfully wrong. Kuyt is a "dream come true" for any manager who needs a striker who is also a teamplayer. Kuyt is not a player like van Nistelrooy (horseface you call him?  :D ) who tends to wait on his chance, he really takes part in the game and is a valuable asset in making his fellow players play better. His technical skills may not look the part but that's just a first impression, if you look well you can see that nine out of ten times he controls the ball with his first touch to follow it up with something good. He scored lots of goals and gave numerous assists for Feyenoord but as I said before, the Dutch competition is on a lower level than yours (but not as boring as yours...   :p ) so I do not expect Dirk to be a 20+ goalscorer. But 15 goals and 10 assists must be possible and that's some improvement for you lot! :D Seriously, Kuyt will be a very important piece in the machine that will challenge Chelski for the title. If I'm wrong, well, at least with Kuyt upfront instead of Crouch, Liverpool will look more like a footballclub! No offence intended, blame it on my English...

Congrats with your new purchase and cut him some slack, he will win your hearts!

So long!
Feyenoorder

Postby Rotterdammer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:11 pm

Here another Feyenoord supporter,

Just like Ann3 wrote: Great signing for you guys! Hope you're going to love Kuyt just as much as we do (and like the Supporters of his previous club F.C. Utrecht did and probably still do). Liverpool didn't sign just a common player; Kuyt is a special player (in a positive way); always going for it (he's a real fanatic), no arrogant behavior, real team player, hard worker and always in for a joke. The guy is the most popular player we've had in years. We won’t find any guy like him the next years. Kuyt is not replaceable.

Most of the big players are spoiled nowadays. During their youth the big teams already contract them and everything is arranged for them. The don't have to do anything their selves out of the field. This is killing for the mentality of those players. We have youth players who didn’t show anything and behave like arrogant stars. Kuyt is not like that. Till he was about 20 he knew he could play a nice game of football, but he was not aware of his possibilities to develop so well (probably had no idea he could be a professional). That modest attitude is part of his background. The village he grew up is an old fashion conservative fishermen's village. In his family there are also many fishers. He was planning to be a painter; no art, he’s only talented in playing football as far as I know. So far for the documentary backgrounds...:p

And according to Feyenoord supporters (of course I’m not objective); they are indeed the most loyal supporters in the Dutch league. And aCe’...believe me…Ajax supporters suck; those are only glory-hunters.

Best Dutch Regards from Rotterdam!
Rotterdammer

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:14 pm

Rotterdammer wrote:And aCe’...believe me…Ajax supporters suck; those are only glory-hunters.

Like chelsea supporters then  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rotterdammer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:17 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
Rotterdammer wrote:And aCe’...believe me…Ajax supporters suck; those are only glory-hunters.

I can see some similarities indeed
Rotterdammer

Postby Nosfera7u » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:31 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:

Just like the Chelski's ,  the same spoiled pile of :censored:  :D
Nosfera7u

Postby matrix » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:01 pm

Feyenoorder wrote:As a Feyenoord fan I'm sorry to see Kuyt leave after we already lost Kalou to Chelski. But hey, now we got £ 12 million in our pockets after buying him from Utrecht for just 600.000 pounds, that's worth something too... ??? I guess we will have to wait another year to become champions of our so called Mickey Mouse competition.

For those of you who doubt if Kuyt is worth the money: he will make sure that every penny is well spended! I have to admit that I was wondering why Feyenoord bought him years ago, he looked a bit slow and his technical skills didn't seem all that great but boy, it didn't take him much time to prove me awfully wrong. Kuyt is a "dream come true" for any manager who needs a striker who is also a teamplayer. Kuyt is not a player like van Nistelrooy (horseface you call him?  :D ) who tends to wait on his chance, he really takes part in the game and is a valuable asset in making his fellow players play better. His technical skills may not look the part but that's just a first impression, if you look well you can see that nine out of ten times he controls the ball with his first touch to follow it up with something good. He scored lots of goals and gave numerous assists for Feyenoord but as I said before, the Dutch competition is on a lower level than yours (but not as boring as yours...   :p ) so I do not expect Dirk to be a 20+ goalscorer. But 15 goals and 10 assists must be possible and that's some improvement for you lot! :D Seriously, Kuyt will be a very important piece in the machine that will challenge Chelski for the title. If I'm wrong, well, at least with Kuyt upfront instead of Crouch, Liverpool will look more like a footballclub! No offence intended, blame it on my English...

Congrats with your new purchase and cut him some slack, he will win your hearts!

So long!

cheers for your views mate... we all respect someone like yourself who knows about dirk kuyt... thanks again   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PSV FAN :) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:22 pm

Mixed feelings because I am a PSV-supporter .. I dont really like Feyenoord but I always liked Dirk Kuyt.
I had doubts when he went to Feyenoord but he turned out to become their best player.
Unlucky for Feyenoord and Erwin Koeman (their coach) because they are really going to miss him.

Overall I hope we can keep our best player in our competition but sometimes you just cannot force a player to stay. GL with him Liverpool .. and I hope I dont get angry Feyenoord fans at me for showing my love towards their player :D :p :blues:
PSV FAN :)

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:09 am

PSV FAN :) wrote:Mixed feelings because I am a PSV-supporter .. I dont really like Feyenoord but I always liked Dirk Kuyt.
I had doubts when he went to Feyenoord but he turned out to become their best player.
Unlucky for Feyenoord and Erwin Koeman (their coach) because they are really going to miss him.

Overall I hope we can keep our best player in our competition but sometimes you just cannot force a player to stay. GL with him Liverpool .. and I hope I dont get angry Feyenoord fans at me for showing my love towards their player :D :p :blues:

That makes a refreshing change, mate. Normally rival clubs hate their opposing fans!!!

Credit to you.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PSV FAN :) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:33 pm

Yeah np lol .. its just the truth .. I dislike Ajax more than Feyenoord :D

Ajax = Chelsea :)

Arrogant audience, players etc
PSV FAN :)

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:55 pm

i hate ajax aswell.

what a cr@p washing up liquid.