Kuyt

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Watched Kuyt a few times this season .
Always disappointed . May aswell sign Andy Johnson or Darren Bent if we're only looking for reputation as opposed to actual quality .

:D

Johnsons gone to the bitters and now that Dowie is in charge at Charlton i should think they will keeo Bent al all costs otherwise price him out.

Bav , I said that tongue in cheek .

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Smeg wrote:has anyone seen Huntelaar play for Ajax? I think hes about 22, and scored 43 GOALS this season, including 33 in 31 league matches. Not gonna go and make assupmtions on him, was hoping someone may have seen him play? That amount of goals suggests he could be a great player now or in the future...

Did he used to play for PSV or Feyernood. I think i may have seen him play against Newcastle last year in the UEFA cup unless that was another Huntelaar.

Anyway as for Kuijt....fari play to your maths Lando but either Rafas comments the other day was a trick to get teams to stop trying to outprice us when it comes to players or he was genuinley telling us that we may not be able to fork out as much now thet there is no Cisse money. I realy hope that you are right and we can get him for the right price.

He wasnt that impressive today but then again to be fair he wasnt really on the pitch for long enough to impress (also Robben was running the show start to finish) but certainly is the fans favourate. He got a really loud cheers when he came on for horseface.

he started at PSV but that was years ago.  last season he was at SC Heerenveen until Ajax bought him in Jan.
puroresu

Postby Simari » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:06 pm

From what I have seen of Kuyt, he has a decent link-up game, good passer of the ball (most recently in v/s Serb & Mont, he looked good moving the ball forward)

It's a pity he is not ahead in the pecking order for strikers in the Dutch team, so it is unlikely that we will see how he can impact a full match during this world cup.
Last edited by Simari on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:33 pm

He seems like he can play with anyone....because he looks for the best out of his players as well as himself....he came on for the last portion of Holland's game and was constantly going back to his own half to retrieve the ball and try and set up an attack. id hope to see more of him over the next few weeks, and RVN was not his usual self so who knows....we may get to.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 pm

Simari wrote:From what I have seen of Kuyt, he has a decent link-up game, good passer of the ball (most recently in v/s Serb & Mont, he looked good moving the ball forward)

It's a pity he is not ahead in the pecking order for strikers in the Dutch team, so it is unlikely that we will see how he can impact a full match during this world cup.

You never know, Van Basten may start with Kuijt in the next game as I dont think Horsey played well.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:34 pm

from the Daily Mirror

Liverpool have all but finalised a move for Dutch international striker Dirk Kuyt, and that should go ahead at the end of the World Cup, with the Merseyside club paying around £10m to Feyenoord.

And Benitez will decide in the next two weeks whether he teams up Kuyt with Blackburn's Craig Bellamy, who is available for a cut-price £6m.

======================================

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:37 pm

10m would bea good deal but I cant see Feyernood seling him fo so much when hey turned down a 12m bid from Spurs last year. Unless Kuij has said to them that he wishes to play only for Liverpool.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:59 pm

So we have bought him?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Still not sold on him personally, TBH.  Just haven't seen enough of him and I doubt that will change--given Van Persie's performance on the right yesterday, Kuyt may not see much playing time as the tournament progresses.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:54 pm

im hoping to sign him soon.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:14 am

Rafa's a shrewd manager and from what i have seen from  kuyt, he seems a very average player.

So i can't see how rafa will pay 10 million for kuyt. I would be excited more with the bellamy signing cos he is quality (although he is a d1ckhead  :p )
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:22 am

I am very excited at the prospect of signing Dirk Kuyt, I mean every transfer is a gamble and you never know how a player will perform but Kuyt has an excellent work rate and great temperament about him. He has shown loyalty to Feyenoord throughout which again bodes well if he really wants to join Liverpool. of course he has a lot of talent on top this. He can score goals, play on the wing and if he adapts to the premiership as easily as van Nistelrooy then £10 mill is a bargain. Time will tell.
If the reports of Bellamy's imminent arrival are also true then we may have a very quick and talented strike force come August.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stew_the_red » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:40 am

Taken from a thread from the LFC.TV website:

This is taken from another LFC forum posted by a Dutch fan

Hi Guys , Im from The Netherlands and a Feyenoord supporter and read about Liverpool's interest in our Cult Hero Dirk Kuyt.....

I'll give you some info on him as you probably dont know a lot about him..

Dirk started off playing for Fc Utrecht as a right winger and was being played as a striker in his final season there , and because of his sensational performances he was quickly snapped up by Feyenoord for 700.00 pounds .

He also has 16 caps for Holland (as a right winger) and he found the net 4 times. Kuyt is reckoned to be worth 17.5 million Euro's (11.5 million pounds) but if you give us Jan Kromkamp in reverse the fee offcourse may be lower as we want Kromkamp badly as we need a good right full back.

Dirk Kuyt is quite similar to Alan Shearer. Kuyt is by far the fittest football player in Holland and is the hardest working striker I have ever seen. Dirk Kuyt has only missed 1 League match in the past 5 years as you can see below and he is never injured !!

He also is a leader as he is Feyenoord's captain . Dirk is not the fastest player in the world but his will power takes him very far. He's a lethal finisher and creates an amazing amount of goals for the team as well. He can hold up play very well because he is very strong. His weaker points are his first touch and his left foot is not very good. His heading could also do with some improving (not as much as the other 2 points)

Here are some stats of him....

1998/99 FC Utrecht 28 5 Eredivisie
1999/00 FC Utrecht 32 6 Eredivisie
2000/01 FC Utrecht 32 13 Eredivisie
2001/02 FC Utrecht 34 7 Eredivisie
2002/03 FC Utrecht 34 20 Eredivisie
2003/04 Feyenoord 34 20 Eredivisie - 8 assists
2004/05 Feyenoord 34 29 Eredivisie - 13 assists !!
2005/06 Feyenoord 33 22 Eredivisie - 18 assists !!

As you can see Dirk Kuyt has been a major players for Feyenoord having a hand in 110 goals in 101 games !!
stew_the_red

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:15 am

I am convinced that Rafa has his dealings tied up and once the world cup is done and dusted we will see these new faces at Anfield. A strike force of Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch and Fowler excites me. Other additions to the squad being Gonzales, Aurelio, Alves & Paletta. That would be a fantastic summers dealings!!!   :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:43 pm

stew_the_red wrote:2003/04 Feyenoord 34 20 Eredivisie - 8 assists
2004/05 Feyenoord 34 29 Eredivisie - 13 assists !!
2005/06 Feyenoord 33 22 Eredivisie - 18 assists !!

As you can see Dirk Kuyt has been a major players for Feyenoord having a hand in 110 goals in 101 games !!

110 goals in 101 games? Where did that come from? It adds up to 71 goals in 101 games not 110 goals
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill