Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:56 am

I can't see him starting on saturday. Benitez will go with the new players that have already gelled with the squad. Kuyt will get his chance, maybe in the CL on wednesday?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:21 am

i only posted this because i couldnt see your post shanks, sometimes there is a pause when a new page is born   ???    :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:32 am

Well now it seems certain hes coming. Discussing terms and undergoing his medical today, thank god for that.  Starting on saturday vs sheff utd?

Reds to land Kuyt
By Peter ORourke -  Created on 17 Aug 2006

Liverpool are believed to be close to clinching the signing of Dutch international Dirk Kuyt.

Reports emanating from Holland claim Liverpool have won the race for the Feyenoord striker.

The Reds are believed to have beaten Newcastle to the punch for Kuyt even though Magpies boss Glenn Roeder was in Dublin on Wednesday to watch the payer in action for Holland.

Kuyt's future has been the subject of intense speculation all summer with a number of top clubs across Europe expressing an interest in signing him.

Liverpool are reported to have agreed a fee with Feyenoord for Kuyt and the Dutch club have given them permission to open talks with the prolific forward.

Kuyt is expected to arrive on Merseyside on Thursday to open talks and undergo a medical.

The former Utrecht man has hinted that he is close to sealing a move with Liverpool his preferred destination.

"There are a few clubs interested - but only one is my dream club," Kuyt told Sky Sports News.

"I don't want to say anything about that - but I think we can say more in a few days."

Liverpool could offer Dutch defender Jan Kromkamp as a makeweight in the deal with the player seemingly surplus to requirements to Anfield.

The FA Cup holders could also help fund the deal by selling Florent Sinama Pongolle to Lyon.

Lyon boss Gerard Houllier is a big fan of Pongolle having signed him when he was in charge of Liverpool and is considering bringing him back to France.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby matrix » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:45 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I can't see him starting on saturday. Benitez will go with the new players that have already gelled with the squad. Kuyt will get his chance, maybe in the CL on wednesday?

i dont think kuyt can play in the cl second leg... i think he can only play in the cl proper the group stages...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:07 am

Well our mission to assemble the ugliest strikeforce in the league seems to be coming to an end!  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:54 am

Ciggy wrote::laugh: Toon fans want Huntelaar now cause of what Kuyt said on SSN  :laugh:

:D  Cant blame them, i want huntelaar an all, hes going to be a huge star, great goalscorer

Years Domestic Club Apps (goals)
2002-2003- PSV - (0)
2002-2003- De Graafschap - 9 (0)
2003-2004- AGOVV Apeldoorn - 35 (26)
2004-2006- SC Heerenveen - 46 (34)
2006- Ajax Amsterdam - 15 (16)

International Apps (Goals)
2006- Netherlands 1 (2)
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:01 am

yep huntelaar is awesome. nevermind

---

reports now coming through we've agreed a fee. Its on bbc sports rolling news. with a 'more to follow'
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fowler4ever » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:02 am

I maybe a little late and will have to read all the other threads but its on the offical website now................glad its all over :buttrock
fowler4ever

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:05 am

so.. if all 4 strikers are fit... is robbie gonna be 4th choice?? :( 

- i know strikers are picked on form, but i really hope robbie is given a chance - 4 or 5 games in a row....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:07 am

Rafa finally gets his man (touch wood :D )
account deleted by request

Postby Ann3 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:08 am

huntelaar is maybe the better goalscorer, but Kuyt was named striker of the year in Holland last year, because he also had over twenty assists...

By the way, in Holland they said he would have his medical tomorrow instead of today (dont know what's true)

Great signing for you guys, I think you will love him
We are very sad to see him go...
But still, a lot of Feyenoord fans are happy that he chose Liverpool, because of the great supporters (something we are known of in Holland)
Ann3

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:13 am

i thought Ajax had the good supporters ! ???
i bet you guys are alright too ! :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ann3 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:21 am

do you know anything about dutch football??? (guess not :;): )
ajax have spoiled supporters that start waving white tissues if they don't like the way their teams plays...
have to admit that they are the better club if you look at performances, but ask anybody about the supporters and even a lot of my mates who are ajax fans admit feyenoord owns at that point
Ann3

Postby Nosfera7u » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:35 pm

This is on the official Feyenoord Webby :

DIRK KUYT SET FOR FOUR-YEAR LIVERPOOL DEAL

Feyenoord and Liverpool have agreed terms for a transfer of Dirk Kuyt to the English Premier League club. The Feyenoord striker has been on the wish list of Reds manager Rafael Benitez for a while now, but there had been no contact between the clubs since a cautious initial approach back in July. Until the start of this week that is, when the Liverpool management came back with a serious offer and the clubs soon reached an amicable agreement.

‘We did everything we could to keep Dirk at Feyenoord,’ confirms chairman Jorien Van den Herik. ‘We went a long way to do that and Dirk was open to that, but we knew that the chance was he would leave if his dream club came in. Liverpool, that too was known, was and is his dream club. Many clubs have tried to contract Dirk over the recent period, but he’s said no to clubs every time because they were not appealing enough, despite there being some very renowned clubs among them. That characterises Dirk’s attitude: either Feyenoord or my dream club.’

Feyenoord, Dirk Kuyt and the player’s agent Rob Jansen have always said that a transfer would only happen if everyone was agreed. ‘All parties have kept their promises,’ says Jorien Van den Herik, ‘and the response was always no up to now, but when Liverpool came knocking with a serious offer we knew that a transfer was an option.’

‘It is a pity for Feyenoord, but we do not begrudge him this step,’ continues Van den Herik. ‘We have to be thankful to Dirk for his effort and loyalty to Feyenoord and its supporters. He deserves respect and a big farewell from Feyenoord and we hope that he returns to De Kuip after his foreign career.’

Dirk Kuyt is delighted with his switch to the 2005 UEFA Champions League winners. ‘For me Liverpool is to be sure the dream club I was looking for. There was more interest from abroad, but for me there was nothing of the calibre of Liverpool, a brilliant club with an enormous reputation and fantastic empathetic support – and a fabulous history. It is an honour to play for a club like that.’

‘I leave Feyenoord with mixed feelings. I have experienced three great years in Rotterdam, despite us not winning any major prizes. The crowd continued to adopt a positive attitude in spite of that. Feyenoord supporters are the sort of fans any club would like to have in their stadium. I will always respect that, as I respect all the people at the club. That is why I consider it an honour that the chairman wanted to see me back at De Kuip. That is an expression of appreciation. I wish the players, coaches and all fans a great deal of success this season. From England I will continue to follow everything that happens at De Kuip.’

Jorien Van den Herik acknowledges that the transfer has come at an unfortunate moment, so close to the start of the league season. ‘But you cannot blame Dirk for that, that is the fault of the European transfer system. The leagues are well underway in many European countries, but there is a great degree of uncertainty until 31 August. The transfer window system up to and including 31 August simply does not work, it really has to be discussed at European level. Due to the system, coaches and players are in a state of protracted uncertainty and we clubs are not sure what can happen. Dirk’s transfer is an example of that.’

Dirk Kuyt will remain in Liverpool on Thursday for his medical and to tie up the last details of his contract. Feyenoord and Liverpool will not be making any announcements as to the transfer fee. 

Transfer fee i heard on the different dutch site is about 18 Mil. Euro's
Last edited by Nosfera7u on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nosfera7u

Postby Nosfera7u » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:42 pm

Ann3 wrote:do you know anything about dutch football??? (guess not :;): )
ajax have spoiled supporters that start waving white tissues if they don't like the way their teams plays...
have to admit that they are the better club if you look at performances, but ask anybody about the supporters and even a lot of my mates who are ajax fans admit feyenoord owns at that point

True,

Feyenoord has the most loyal supporters in the dutch league, even when times are bad they stand behind their team.
The Legion is what it's called and they're definate the 12th player on the field :-)

Greetz & GL with a great new player!!!
Nosfera7u

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill