Dirk kuyt - Just watched him play

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Tue May 23, 2006 2:24 pm

A.B. wrote:
Paul C wrote:Kuyt strikes me as more of a target man and not someone who will score that many goals ???

He's averaged 20 goals a season or more for Feyenoord, target men don't score that many goals.

Oh right, do you think he could do it in England cos the dutch league is pretty sh!te?
Last edited by Paul C on Tue May 23, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 23, 2006 2:31 pm

Paul C wrote:Kuyt strikes me as more of a target man and not someone who will score that many goals ???

He's scored 260 goals for club and country.
Peter Crouch has scored 59 goals in his career, so whos the target man
:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 23, 2006 2:36 pm

Paul C wrote:do you think he could do it in England cos the dutch league is pretty sh!te?

My opinion is yes, I think he'd suit the premiership style of football and I think he could more than handle the physical nature and his intelligence and versitality would suit Rafa down to the ground....if he brought his goal scoring form with him, it's happy days....

Some compare him to Shearer, not too far off with that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue May 23, 2006 3:06 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Thats the reason why I put the  ??? face after my comment as I was asking a question not saying he is a target man, Crouch could probably score for fun in Holland  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 23, 2006 3:12 pm

Holland has a far better league than some people try to make out, it may not be as strong as the big three, but their isn’t many better after that.

Also, outside of the UK, Dutch players are the most suited for the EPL. Their combination of strength, fitness, high tempo and technique makes it so easy from them to adapt, not to mention the fact that most already speak good English, but obviously it is a jump up in quality.

I know that if I was manager, the first foreign market I would look at is Holland.

Kuyt seems to have all the attributes we are looking for, its just a question of could we get him at value for money how Rafa perceives it, and can he make the jump up to a higher level.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 23, 2006 5:32 pm

if (big one at that) rafa were looking at bent for £12 million. then im certain kujit at £10+ is of far more worth. its that magic number though. and (as yet) the chequebook has only opened once to that kind of sum.

dirk kujit is in the same bracket as xabi when it comes to calculated risks for me. although there may be a squeak of a chance of getting him for just under the £10mill  mark. but only before the world cup if you ask me. after that, ???
he may well go for a lot more........

to put in perspective, dimitar berbatov joins spurs for £10.9 million. unfortunately thats where the bar is up to for this kind of prospect. however inflated that figure sounds, its the kind of money that can only buy from the second shelf now....

newcastle WILL shell out the required though. and, whether or not the links are true,  as a forward thinking club now at the crossroads in terms of key decisions made for both the immediate and long term of this club. some signings will have to cost more than others. a lot may be nurtured/haggled/poached/scouted in a couple of occasions robbed from under their present suitors noses....but now and again (as proven with alonso and reina) the reddies must be stumped up.  last years fiasco was a case in point. though look where its got him and his ambitions....

'bite the bullet' is a well used phrase and a misguided one all too often. 'if only' however, is for losers.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Tue May 23, 2006 6:15 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Holland has a far better league than some people try to make out, it may not be as strong as the big three, but their isn’t many better after that.

Also, outside of the UK, Dutch players are the most suited for the EPL. Their combination of strength, fitness, high tempo and technique makes it so easy from them to adapt, not to mention the fact that most already speak good English, but obviously it is a jump up in quality.

I know that if I was manager, the first foreign market I would look at is Holland.

Kuyt seems to have all the attributes we are looking for, its just a question of could we get him at value for money how Rafa perceives it, and can he make the jump up to a higher level.

Yep, the likes of Bergkamp, RVN, Zenden, De Zeu,Robben, etc... were playing in the dutch league before they came to England.

Kuyt can be the same, thats why i rate this player to be a hit if he wants to join Liverpool.

and Sneijder, Rafa should have a look at him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 23, 2006 8:41 pm

Paul C wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Thats the reason why I put the  ??? face after my comment as I was asking a question not saying he is a target man, Crouch could probably score for fun in Holland  :;):

Dutch players don't have problems settling in the Premiership. Don't mention Kezman because he's not Dutch. Yugoslavian [Serbs,Croats,Bosnians] have never been successful in England, they're more technical and can't get used to the rought play of the Premiership. Which is why Davor Suker who was one of Madrid's best players, failed to make an impact at Arsenal and West Ham.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby GOAT » Wed May 24, 2006 12:38 am

Liverpool battle with Newcastle to capture prolific Kuyt
By Andy Hunter
Published: 24 May 2006
The Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez, has renewed his interest in the Feyenoord forward Dirk Kuyt and will again rival Newcastle United in pursuit of one of European football's most prolific goalscorers.

Echoing their courtship of Michael Owen last August, both Liverpool and Newcastle have emerged as the leading candidates to offer the Dutch international the Premiership move he craves but was priced out of last summer, when Feyenoord valued the 25-year-old at €18m (£12.67m).

Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham were among several clubs to fail to land the striker who has scored a phenomenal 71 goals in 101 games since his move from Utrecht three seasons ago.

With three years to run on his contract, Feyenoord are under no pressure to drop their asking price, but that has not deterred Benitez or the new Newcastle manager, Glenn Roeder, from making enquiries about a prized asset who, unlike 12 months ago, is prepared to agitate for a move to the Premiership. In an attempt to force the Dutch club to lower their asking price Kuyt revealed on Monday he would relish signing for Newcastle and barely 24 hours later announced that Liverpool were back in the market.

Kuyt said yesterday: "Jorien van den Herik [the Feyenoord president] has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions, but it is out of my hands. I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord.

"I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League. Last year this was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

Benitez intends to sign two new strikers and other candidates include Darren Bent, Jermain Defoe and Craig Bellamy. Liverpool, however, are not in a position to make firm offers, with Djibril Cissé and Fernando Morientes surplus to requirements but still on the payroll and the club continuing their search for new investment, a saga Anfield officials hope to conclude within the next few months.

Morientes' salary demands are so far proving prohibitive to a return to Spain while Seville's valuation of the right-back Daniel Alves is far in excess of the Liverpool's at present.

The Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez, has renewed his interest in the Feyenoord forward Dirk Kuyt and will again rival Newcastle United in pursuit of one of European football's most prolific goalscorers.

Echoing their courtship of Michael Owen last August, both Liverpool and Newcastle have emerged as the leading candidates to offer the Dutch international the Premiership move he craves but was priced out of last summer, when Feyenoord valued the 25-year-old at €18m (£12.67m).

Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham were among several clubs to fail to land the striker who has scored a phenomenal 71 goals in 101 games since his move from Utrecht three seasons ago.

With three years to run on his contract, Feyenoord are under no pressure to drop their asking price, but that has not deterred Benitez or the new Newcastle manager, Glenn Roeder, from making enquiries about a prized asset who, unlike 12 months ago, is prepared to agitate for a move to the Premiership. In an attempt to force the Dutch club to lower their asking price Kuyt revealed on Monday he would relish signing for Newcastle and barely 24 hours later announced that Liverpool were back in the market.
Kuyt said yesterday: "Jorien van den Herik [the Feyenoord president] has informed me of a new approach from last year's European champions, but it is out of my hands. I have several opportunities but it is now down to Feyenoord.

"I am happy at Feyenoord but would like to play in the Premier League. Last year this was close to happening so for now I prefer to concentrate only on the World Cup because my hopes could be soured again."

Benitez intends to sign two new strikers and other candidates include Darren Bent, Jermain Defoe and Craig Bellamy. Liverpool, however, are not in a position to make firm offers, with Djibril Cissé and Fernando Morientes surplus to requirements but still on the payroll and the club continuing their search for new investment, a saga Anfield officials hope to conclude within the next few months.

Morientes' salary demands are so far proving prohibitive to a return to Spain while Seville's valuation of the right-back Daniel Alves is far in excess of the Liverpool's at present.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 24, 2006 12:56 am

I fear them kunts are going to outprice us again, and with feyenoord wanting top dollar for him I fear we may lose out  :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 12:58 am

Shouldn't be too hard for Kuyt to decide.

Liverpool: big club, trophies won, CL football
Newcastle: wannabe big club, nothing won in 50 years, Intertoto Cup
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 24, 2006 1:00 am

A.B. wrote:Shouldn't be too hard for Kuyt to decide.

No it should'nt mate but if he's still got 3 years left they will want the most money for him and The Fat Controller will outbid us, I duno why they have more money than us like but he will.
What is imperitive is that if we are going to sign him it has to be done before the WC because he could set the world on fire and his price will treble e.g. Diouf kunt.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 1:07 am

Ciggy wrote:
A.B. wrote:Shouldn't be too hard for Kuyt to decide.

No it should'nt mate but if he's still got 3 years left they will want the most money for him and The Fat Controller will outbid us, I duno why they have more money than us like but he will.
What is imperitive is that if we are going to sign him it has to be done before the WC because he could set the world on fire and his price will treble e.g. Diouf kunt.

The fat blob is clueless, he makes high bids just to try to make Newcastle look like a big club. Perhaps they could outbid us for Kuyt, but if Kuyt doesn't want to go to Newcastle a club with no Champions League footie [which is what he wants no?] then Feyenoord can't make him pick Newcastle.

If Kuyt is ambitious which he should be as he's a footballer, then he should do his homework on Newcastle. He won't win any medals there, he won't fulfil any ambitions there.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed May 24, 2006 1:09 am

freddie shepherd should stick to visiting brothels :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 24, 2006 1:21 am

A.B. wrote:The fat blob is clueless, he makes high bids just to try to make Newcastle look like a big club. Perhaps they could outbid us for Kuyt, but if Kuyt doesn't want to go to Newcastle a club with no Champions League footie [which is what he wants no?] then Feyenoord can't make him pick Newcastle.

If Kuyt is ambitious which he should be as he's a footballer, then he should do his homework on Newcastle. He won't win any medals there, he won't fulfil any ambitions there.

He is clueless but when they bid they do bid, look at Rooney they bid 20 million for him totally going over every top club in Europes head there was only a handfull of clubs that could have signed him after they put that bid in.
Maybe Real, Barca, AC Milan and Man U had to pay 30 million for him because Newcastle had put a 20 million bid in there was noway the bitters where gona take a penny less.

The same with feyenoord we wanted to pay 10 million for Kuyt last year they said its not enough, now look at the Owen saga they knew he wanted back here, they totally outbid us so we could'nt get him Real Madrid wanted the higest asking price and they doubled their money after a year.

We do our business private they boast and leak details to the press if we want to buy Kuyt for say 12 million they will offer 15 its a cert.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill