Time to think the previously unthinkable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 am

I agree Ben and thats what i said before the game dont play him leave him until hes sound, And then i would play him in the centre , when Torres is not on the pitch he is :censored: in that role anyway, drop him back Sacrifice either Lucas or Mascherano and stick Alberto in that position behind the striker, He was absolutly garbage last night Aqualini must have wonderd what the feck was going on, Ill say it again Steven Gerrard is boss in that position only when Torres is playing , And until he is fully fit he is droppable
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Despite what Gerrard has said in the media, I still believe that the lad is utterly sick of how the team is being managed and simply cannot be arsed putting in a show. Plus the injury has a bearing obviously.

But, I think he's seen the season shot full of holes and is seriously considering his immediate future.

With that, I think he should be benched (I don't think he'd care TBH) and replaced. But with who? Frankly, I'd stick Aquilani in, in place of Lucas and try Benayoon in teh Gerrand role. Or, go 4-4-2 with kuyt and N'gog up top and Benayoon on the right. Drop kicking Lucas to the bench in place of Aqualini to remain a desireable option.

Bottom line though, is at the moment, whether Steven plays or night isn't having the impact it once had.

I agree with Nanny, Poor Aqualini must be wondering what the hell he's had the misfortune to have walked into.
tonyeh

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

tonyeh wrote:Poor Aqualini must be wondering what the hell he's had the misfortune to have walked into.

he'll soon remember tomorrow when the paycheck lands in the bank
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 pm

One thing is for sure he should not be allowed to take corners.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:49 pm

I don't believe for 1 minute that Gerrard was actually injured. There has been something going on in the background between him and the management...

He hasn't been at his best this season and to me it looks like he has lot a little bit of the apetite and motivation. He has given his heart and soul to LFC, has sweat blood for this club and is seeing (as a fan), like we all are, that things are not good at the moment. It must be hard for him...
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:No. He's our best player and even when he's playing sh!t, he's far, far, far more likely to produce (seriously, does this point need to be justified?) than some of the others we might consider dropping.

He does look like he needs a proper rest to recover from this groin problem though, which is fine, but if he's reasonably fit then he has to play, it's as simple as that.

no no cash in.

He has been sh!t this season and is expendible.

Lets sell him for 30 million and buy Parker and maybe even Silva and we will have a better squad  :cool:

F'ck off.

Someone who agrees with me on Parker  :bowdown

Not sure about it being at the expense of Gerrard though  ???
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Waldo wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:No. He's our best player and even when he's playing sh!t, he's far, far, far more likely to produce (seriously, does this point need to be justified?) than some of the others we might consider dropping.

He does look like he needs a proper rest to recover from this groin problem though, which is fine, but if he's reasonably fit then he has to play, it's as simple as that.

no no cash in.

Lets sell him for 30 million and buy Parker and maybe even Silva and we will have a better squad  :cool:

F'ck off.

I was taking the p!ss  :D

But i do think Parker is a decent player by the way.

Just clearly not in the same league as Gerrard.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Waldo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Waldo wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

no no cash in.

F'ck off.

I was taking the p!ss  :D

But i do think Parker is a decent player by the way.

Just clearly not in the same league as Gerrard.

:veryangry  :blush:

Probably not even worth talking about Parker anymore as can't see Rafa bringing in anyone else in this window!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

From the Encyclopaedia Britannica:

Ockham's Razor

The principle stated by William of Ockham (1285–1347/49), a scholastic, that Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate; “Plurality should not be posited without necessity.” The principle gives precedence to simplicity; of two competing theories, the simplest explanation of an entity is to be preferred. The principle is also expressed “Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity.”

The simplest explanation for Gerrard's drop in form is the well-documented injuries he's been hampered by for much of the season.  No need for all the outlandish conspiracy theories when the answer's staring us all in the face people.  If we want the best out of Stevie we need to get him fit rather than rushing him back from injury (again).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:48 pm

playing him last night was a joke. he clearly wasn't fit and aquilani's performance against spurs didn't warrant him being dropped imo.

however if he's fit he has to play imo as he's without doubt our best player. personally i'd like to see him playing on the right of the three with aquilani in behind the main striker.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

redhayesy wrote:yer let's drop him, after all no other team in the prem league would take him, let alone anyone in Europe! forget the fact he has just come back from injury, oh sorry a continued injury he isn't worthy of being our skipper,let alone pull on an LFC shirt, so yer fecking sell him cause he shouldn't even be in the sqaud or team in the first place.   (time to think the previously unthinkable?) what a fecking sh1t topic.

gerrard doesn't deserve his place in the side after his first start after injury cause he is an over paid kunt like all the others.

Is bang on.

Ridiculous Thread.

Steven Gerrard is the best player at the club. Sell him? You've got to be f...u...c...k...ing kidding? I don't think the lad's been fit all season. I really wouldn't have any problem if he wanted to leave in the summer and try things elsewhere. As for something not being quite right with him this season? Yeah, he's been carrying an injury for much of it, and he is absolutely CRESTFALLEN that we are out of every competition we were entered into and it's not even February.
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Scottbot wrote:
redhayesy wrote:yer let's drop him, after all no other team in the prem league would take him, let alone anyone in Europe! forget the fact he has just come back from injury, oh sorry a continued injury he isn't worthy of being our skipper,let alone pull on an LFC shirt, so yer fecking sell him cause he shouldn't even be in the sqaud or team in the first place.   (time to think the previously unthinkable?) what a fecking sh1t topic.

gerrard doesn't deserve his place in the side after his first start after injury cause he is an over paid kunt like all the others.

Is bang on.

Ridiculous Thread.

Steven Gerrard is the best player at the club. Sell him? You've got to be f...u...c...k...ing kidding? I don't think the lad's been fit all season. I really wouldn't have any problem if he wanted to leave in the summer and try things elsewhere. As for something not being quite right with him this season? Yeah, he's been carrying an injury for much of it, and he is absolutely CRESTFALLEN that we are out of every competition we were entered into and it's not even February.

selling - to cash in on an asset to another club in exchange for financial gain. for Liverpool, its usually with bit part payments and add-ons when buying a player, but full payment up front when selling.

dropping - to rest or temporarily resist any temptation to select a player due to form or injury.

so, is this thread about selling him, or DROPPING him?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

He never should have played. Rafa needs to be stronger.

but then if he didnt play and we drew or lost wed complain just as much.

Rafa could see tho that the lad werent right so shoulda subbed him ASAP
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 am

dawson99 wrote:He never should have played. Rafa needs to be stronger.

but then if he didnt play and we drew or lost wed complain just as much.

Rafa could see tho that the lad werent right so shoulda subbed him ASAP

I disagree
Rafa is already too strong.
He totally went against common sense and dropped an improving Aquilani for an unfit Gerrard. This changed the whole dynamic of the team and once again we were back into the style of football which has put us in the sh'it were in.
7 corners and not a sniff of a goal? One shot all game? Do me a favour! As insane as it may seem to say, at this moment Gerrard is dragging us down. Rafa needs to be less powerful and less stubborn and possibly listen to someone else for a change.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite25 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Well Stevie G is 10/11 favourite to captin England in to the WC as JT has been stripped of the captancy according to Skysports!!!

Go on Stevie lad take us to 3rd in the Prem and then lift the WC this summer (well we can all dream can't we)
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion