If the unthinkable happened - We finish outside the top 4

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:04 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I cant if theres no European cup money coming in,

Then he just sells the best players nanny to make the repayments .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:04 pm

We wont be in the champions league
Nando26

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 pm

GYBS wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I cant if theres no European cup money coming in,

Then he just sells the best players nanny to make the repayments .

How quick did you answer me there :laugh: i cant even read a post that quick never mind answer one. Do you know what i spoke with Ciggy this morning about something an its been on my mind all day , My guts have been turning over thinking about it, And its there fault,

Id take a gamble though to see if they did feck off, thats all
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Thats a big gamble with the future off our club and may even put the club in extinction .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:31 pm

I think its incredibly short sighted wanting us to finish outside the top4 just to get rid of the owners...
To some extent i understand where some are coming from, but given all thats going on around us with ManCity spending as much as they are, and Chelsea, Manutd being the forces they are, not to mention the likes of Arsenal, tottenham, Villa...etc who could all catch up on us if we got to a poistion where we had to sell some of our better players.. It could very well mean us becoming just another midtable club for the next few years unless a super rich new guy comes in and buys the club and decides to throw around a few hundred mill again to build a new squad... I mean, lets face it, We have 3 or 4 players who are significantly better than the players available at other midtable clubs... Losing a couple of those players would be a huge step back especially if we dont have the funds to buy new players of top quality to replace them...

IMO, i dont think a 30mill or so pound loss in a season would force the 2 owners to sell.. Simply not giving the manager a transfer budget and selling one top player should cover that expense... As things stand, i think they'r looking at selling, but looking at making a profit... They certainly wouldnt be willing to sell at a loss, so i dont think the value of the club would decrease dramatically if we failed to make the champs league this season... If we manage to win the league however, i think the added reputation of the club, added income..etc etc would mean that more potential buyers would be willing to match the owners' asking price... Which imo again, would lead to them selling...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Why cut there nose off , By selling our best players we wouldnt get into Europe anyway , we wouldnt even finish in the top six, the money would be gone , Place money, tv rights, Euro money, Oh i know them greedy bas.tards would do that just to get themselves out of jail finace wise , but by finishing outside the top 4 we wouldnt be attractive to them , we wouldnt be bringing in the moneys ive just said, if you get my meaning
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 pm

NANNY RED wrote:The way i feel at the moment im not ar,sed if we finish outside the top four tbh, Maybe it would be a blessing in disguise , it might get rid of them to b,astards

That depends on who they would sell it to if they will sell at all. Dropping out of the CL, beeing forced to sell our top players. Perhaps we end up as newcastle.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm

mart wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:The way i feel at the moment im not ar,sed if we finish outside the top four tbh, Maybe it would be a blessing in disguise , it might get rid of them to b,astards

That depends on who they would sell it to if they will sell at all. Dropping out of the CL, beeing forced to sell our top players. Perhaps we end up as newcastle.

To be honest Mart who ever they did sell to needs to have enough finance behind them to get us out the Sh.it were in now,otherwise we could end up like that anyway, enough money to pay off there loan plus tranfer funds and new stadium. but most important of all a love for this club, oh i know im living in dreamland that someone is out there who fill all that criteria , but let me dream.

Im just wondering how many people on here would take a gamble on us finishing outside the top 4 if it meant getting rid of them
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Why cut there nose off , By selling our best players we wouldnt get into Europe anyway , we wouldnt even finish in the top six, the money would be gone , Place money, tv rights, Euro money, Oh i know them greedy bas.tards would do that just to get themselves out of jail finace wise , but by finishing outside the top 4 we wouldnt be attractive to them , we wouldnt be bringing in the moneys ive just said, if you get my meaning

But Nan from what i understand.. the champs league money (including Tv rights, gate reciepts, final standing prize moeny...etc etc) adds up to around 30mill or so... So theoretically atleast, we could sell Mascherano not bring anyone in and sort of balance our books in that respect...

What i dont agree with though is the part about it making the club a less attractive prospect for them... The way i see it, the club ATM isnt an attractive prospect for them by any stretch of the imagination... They're under pressure from the banks and are having to dig into their own pockets to make payments to reduce the inital loan (60mill they paid just to get the refinance thing going), and the club expenses are higher than the income so theres no room for profit..

If they had wanted to sell for cheap, they would have done so before the refinance thing and would have been in a much better position financially than the one they're in now (especially Hicks) ... They're just trying to make a profit on the club, and i dont think theyre at a stage where they care much about how we perform on the pitch as long as theres a way to make the interest payments in due time (which is my main worry tbh about the whole thing)...

Its too big a gamble, personally i wouldnt even consider it...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Leeds took a gamble and look at them now Nanny. It could be a gamble that could end up with the club no longer being around .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 pm

do you know what at the end of the day it doesnt matter what i say ,but let me tell you this  these two bas,tards are killing us . Some fans eyes are so closed they cant see whats happening alls they are interested in is if we play well an dont give a sh.ite whats going on behind the scenes, Well im sorry but i cant , its not just the team for me its the whole club an let me tell you here an now , these two are gonna bring us to are knees, I know i posted earlier on that we were gonna win the league but thats just me being me, i think that ever season, As i said before i would take a gamble on us finishing outside the top four if it meant them selling a a reduduced price, because we all no . at the moment theres no one in there right mind gonna pay what there asking at the mo,

I asked a question before how many would take finishing outside the top 4 if it meant them going
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 pm

it depends which players it meant losing. It's fine and simple if it just means losing them two then yeah but there's a lot of players we need to keep that would probably go without CL football
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm unsure about how the ownership situation will eventually be resolved, but one thing I'm certain of is that Liverpool football club will never be allowed to go to the wall. First and foremost, as supporters, we have more than enough resolve to ensure that doesn't happen. We've touched too many people to let that happen, while in business terms, LFC is a truly historic brand and you can't detroy that in the space of five, ten even fifteen years. Any prospective buyer would be well aware of this 'dormant' appeal/opportunity.

We may have to endure for a while but we will come through - of that I'm sure. I think the worst case scenario in the short-term is that we end up mid-table, but I don't think we'd be there for long.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I'm unsure about how the ownership situation will eventually be resolved, but one thing I'm certain of is that Liverpool football club will never be allowed to go to the wall. First and foremost, as supporters, we have more than enough resolve to ensure that doesn't happen. We've touched too many people to let that happen, while in business terms, LFC is a truly historic brand and you can't detroy that in the space of five, ten even fifteen years. Any prospective buyer would be well aware of this 'dormant' appeal/opportunity.

We may have to endure for a while but we will come through - of that I'm sure. I think the worst case scenario in the short-term is that we end up mid-table, but I don't think we'd be there for long.

If we did end up mid table how would we get back into the top 4? The owners will not put in any money now so what makes people think they will once the CL money dries up. That is if that's what you were assuming anyway...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:If we did end up mid table how would we get back into the top 4? The owners will not put in any money now so what makes people think they will once the CL money dries up. That is if that's what you were assuming anyway...

I think we would be sold (or on the verge of) by that stage mate, to a buyer well aware of our potential, and willing to invest in personnel. I don't see why they'd hang on under those circumstances. In fact, I don't they'd be able to hang on - the fans would have something to say before it got to that stage. I'd defo join a boycott under those circumstances.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion