LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 am

bigmick wrote:Anyway whatever anybody predicts or however unlikely any scenarios of us winning at the other big four teams are, what we need to do in the short term is keep ourselves mathematically in the race. If we can get to the run-in no further back than we currently are, then you never know. Should we pull out the stops and win the first of our trio of big away gnm away fixtures, you never know. For now it's got to be hang in there and see what happens.

Dude...you have to set your targets higher........ie...champions league.  :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Image
User avatar
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Michigan, Toronto and Singapore...take your pick

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:08 am

bigmick wrote:
maguskwt wrote:to be fair... it's not easy having 4 competitive teams in the league... but if we can get draws at the bridge, old trafford and emirates and all wins against other teams it will be very close... it is NOT impossible...

Mate if we draw at Old Trafford, The Emirates and Stamford bridge and win the other 19 games, we will finish on 90 points. That would almost certainly be enough to win it I would have thought. Put another way, win at the Bridge and lose at both the Emirates and Old Trafford, and as long as we win the other nineteen games on the bounce we would be Champions. Like you say it's not impossible, but it's not that likely either if we're being totally honest.

yes mick... your figures are of course more comprehensive... my post was more philosophical...

all I'm saying is that it's not the end of the world because we have to visit our rivals in the second half the season... we are more than capable of drawing a game or two there and if we're lucky we might just nick a win among the 3 games as well... we might also lose a game of course...

So what i'm trying to say is that if we do well against the other teams, we're in with a shout... the games against our rivals are important... but more so is the collective results against other teams...

My only worry is when will Rafa feel that the league is a lost cause already and decides to focus on the CL. To be fair he hasn't conceded the title yet. And that's what we need to do all the way... we need to have the winning mentality. Try to win every game and don't worry about the gap in points... so that when our rivals do slip up we'll be there to take advantage of. What's worrisome to me is the experience of Man U... they are just very mentally tough when it comes to making a run for the title and rarely slips up... that's what they have advantage over arsenal IMO.
Image
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8184
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:28 am

peewee wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Losing by a narrow margin to a good team bothers me less than getting beat 3-1 by Reading.

bust sadly we lost both those games, if we had beat reading then this defeat would be more tolerable, however the loss of yet another 6 points in one week is not good mate however its dressed up or justified

When was the last time we lost six points in one week ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Image
User avatar
Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8420
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:44 am
Location: SEFTON SHED

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:28 am

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:If we win our game in hand, we are only 7 points behind Arsenal. I am willing to bet they will all lose a lot more than 7 points before the end of the season. All we have to do is lose 8 points less than they do. If that means going on a great run, so be it , lets fkn do it.

Everyone was moaning and groaning about Rafa giving up against Reading before the end, what are you lot doing now ?

mate aresenal have to lose three more games than us this season for us to win the league (not taking into account the mancs and chelsea, and even man city) and for this to work we have to win all of our games, now we cant even beat sh*te like reading and pompey so how you think we can go the rest of the season unbeaten (bare in mind only 4 wins in 21 games against the other top three teams)

this season is over yet again in the league, it was over weeks ago to be fair, and we all know whose fault it is however much the idiots on here try and gloss over everything

Ever heard of a draw ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Image
User avatar
Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8420
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:44 am
Location: SEFTON SHED

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:32 am

watch out Leons got the hump.  :kungfu:
66-1112520797
 

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:50 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Losing by a narrow margin to a good team bothers me less than getting beat 3-1 by Reading.

bust sadly we lost both those games, if we had beat reading then this defeat would be more tolerable, however the loss of yet another 6 points in one week is not good mate however its dressed up or justified

When was the last time we lost six points in one week ?

april 28th and may 5th 2006/7 season

lost to fulham 1 nil, and porstmouth 2-1


click here


blooming heck, i feel like stats man AB  :laugh:
Image
User avatar
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 20477
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:21 am

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Absolutely :censored: gutted.

The game was set to hinge on a small detail, as Rafa had said, and it sure did.

Fair play to the Manc's, the goal was well worked. Ferdinand's run across the front of the goal drew Torres away from the position he was supposed to occupy, a position that would later be exploited by Rooney who was lurking 3 or so yards outside the box.

The danger should've been spotted well in advance of that though. Rooney + edge of box + space = danger. We had 11 players inside the box, at least one of these has to see the danger and deal with it. It's not an uncommon move FFS!

Then there was Benayoun keeping every fecker onside, but it should never have reached that phase. You have to be proactive, rather than reactive in these situations.


From then on, it would be our task to break them down. To be fair to them, they were absolutely solid. Their midfield were ravenous, and their defence was unwavering. Barring the earlier miscue or two from Van der Saar, they were solid.

We did a fair job in nullifying their threats on the counter, but we just couldn't string any movements together when attacking, and our final delivery was poor. Riise rarely found a decent cross, and when he did, there was no-one steaming in to meet it - Gerrard rarely, if ever, went on a marauding run after they scored. At times Mascherano appeared to be the attacking mid. It looked very strange.

Kewell didn't really perform, and nor did Benayoun. Lackadaisical would best describe their performances IMHO. Who knows, maybe they were tired from the Marseille game and needed a rest. Babel certainly provided a spark when he came on the pitch.

It's no surprise to see some of the fickle anti-R brigade blame the defeat on Kuyt, and then subsequently laying the blame on Rafa for not substituting him, even though he selected the same team, and had we won, of course - these same D and G'ers would have said it was because we didn't rotate; 'that's what happens when you don't rotate', would have been the line, followed by 'Rafa has seen the light' and 'why doesn't he listen it's clear for everyone to see'.

The same old :censored:, from the same old holier-than-thou tw@ts.

Kuyt didn't perform, but to single the guy out is unfair. You could single out a number of other players, even Gerrard, for underperforming.

It's a sickener of a result, but we have to move on. Erase the feeling and look forward.

It severely dents our chances of a title push, but it's certainly not over, by no means is it over. To say it's over is rather defeatist - and frankly it's not the Liverpool way.

I'll not be slating our players, calling them :censored:, or condescending Rafa for selecting them in the first place. I'll get behind them, 'till the end. That's the best you can do as a supporter.
User avatar
LFC2007
 
Posts: 7706
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: London

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:01 pm

peewee wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
peewee wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
akumaface wrote:I think we did give our best effort provided that Man Scum are more fresh than us as most of their player didn't play in mid week. I think after this game Rafa will realize what he should do the rest of the way Which is to play their strongest team consistently with minimal changes. I think Man Scum didn't have a good game as well. People here saying we don't have any wingers and neither do the Man Scum. We just lost by a set play. I don't see them ever overpowering us in anyway today. When we couldn't score at the beginning when they got mixed up with Van der sar and vidic, i had that feeling again and unfortunately it came true. Anyway, let's see what happened after meeting with the big boss. We were just out of gas and the mid game was the reason for us not to sustain the full match.

So...

The scum won because most of their players DIDN'T play in midweek (a rotation of the squad), but it's our rotation that's the problem, even though it was an unchanged side?

Stay off the bifta's lad.

they could afford to play their youth team in midweek as they had already qualified

swings and roundabouts

Is stating the obvious a rare commodity in a country where most women were born with meat and two veg?

and you would know this because you have visted thailand...................................how many times?   thats right never.

lando i suggest you keep your racist abuse to yourself, you have the nerve to call me a bigot while you spout such racist vitriol.

How is it racist to tell the truth? Thailand has the largest ratio of "Kathoeys" in the World, and many fat, balding English tw*ts go over there with a bit of money and bag themselves one.

You know, Pee, you really should stop getting in a tizzy over such things - anyone would think you've got something to hide...
Image
Image

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
User avatar
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 10633
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 pm

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:If we win our game in hand, we are only 7 points behind Arsenal. I am willing to bet they will all lose a lot more than 7 points before the end of the season. All we have to do is lose 8 points less than they do. If that means going on a great run, so be it , lets fkn do it.

Everyone was moaning and groaning about Rafa giving up against Reading before the end, what are you lot doing now ?

mate aresenal have to lose three more games than us this season for us to win the league (not taking into account the mancs and chelsea, and even man city) and for this to work we have to win all of our games, now we cant even beat sh*te like reading and pompey so how you think we can go the rest of the season unbeaten (bare in mind only 4 wins in 21 games against the other top three teams)

this season is over yet again in the league, it was over weeks ago to be fair, and we all know whose fault it is however much the idiots on here try and gloss over everything

Yes, because it's Rafa's fault, isn't it? It's Rafa's fault our strikers had an offday on Sunday and Torres just headed wide of an empty net. It was the gravitational pull of his belly that dragged the ball wide, wasn't it?

There's nothing worse than a fat bigoted c*nt who thinks he knows everything, but actually knows nothing.

(You're so conceited, I bet you think I'm still talking about Rafa, too...  :laugh: )
Image
Image

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
User avatar
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 10633
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Image

Mmmmm, can't you smell Christmas? :D
Image
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
User avatar
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13177
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:10 am
Location: San Sebastian (Spain)

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:18 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I'll not be slating our players, calling them :censored:, or condescending Rafa for selecting them in the first place. I'll get behind them, 'till the end. That's the best you can do as a supporter.

It's a pity more people don't think like this mate.
Image
Image

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
User avatar
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 10633
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Thailand has the largest ratio of "Kathoeys" in the World, and many fat, balding English tw*ts go over there with a bit of money and bag themselves one.

True :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
User avatar
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 26826
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:36 pm

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Thailand has the largest ratio of "Kathoeys" in the World, and many fat, balding English tw*ts go over there with a bit of money and bag themselves one, including me.

True :D

:D
Image
User avatar
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 20477
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:21 am

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:23 pm

Sabre wrote:Image

Mmmmm, can't you smell Christmas? :D

Nothing like a big, sweaty fatman bearing "gifts". :D
Image
Image

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
User avatar
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 10633
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Judge wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Thailand has the largest ratio of "Kathoeys" in the World, and many fat, balding English tw*ts go over there with a bit of money and bag themselves one, including Judge.

True :D

:D

Your silence is damning, Alan...  :rasp  :D
Image
Image

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
User avatar
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 10633
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

  • Advertisement
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!