Time to think the previously unthinkable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 am

redhayesy wrote:yer let's drop him, after all no other team in the prem league would take him, let alone anyone in Europe! forget the fact he has just come back from injury, oh sorry a continued injury he isn't worthy of being our skipper,let alone pull on an LFC shirt, so yer fecking sell him cause he shouldn't even be in the sqaud or team in the first place.   (time to think the previously unthinkable?) what a fecking sh1t topic.

I am suggesting that at this particular moment in time Aquilani is a better choice for this position in the team...Gerrard has been terrible ALL season and might actually benefit from some time out of the team to recover from whatever it is that has been plaguing him all season.

Pr*cks like you make me realise why I haven't bothered to come on this forum for so long...
mike72

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 am

mike72 wrote:
redhayesy wrote:yer let's drop him, after all no other team in the prem league would take him, let alone anyone in Europe! forget the fact he has just come back from injury, oh sorry a continued injury he isn't worthy of being our skipper,let alone pull on an LFC shirt, so yer fecking sell him cause he shouldn't even be in the sqaud or team in the first place.   (time to think the previously unthinkable?) what a fecking sh1t topic.

I am suggesting that at this particular moment in time Aquilani is a better choice for this position in the team...Gerrard has been terrible ALL season and might actually benefit from some time out of the team to recover from whatever it is that has been plaguing him all season.

Pr*cks like you make me realise why I haven't bothered to come on this forum for so long...

I think some people are getting mixed up between dropping and not picking someone.
If we would have won last night Gerrard's place would have been justified.
We didnt so it wasnt
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 am

didnt look fit again, but lets criticise him  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:35 am

With regards to Gerrard, if he has a blinder of a world cup, I wont be the only one asking questions.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 am

No. He's our best player and even when he's playing sh!t, he's far, far, far more likely to produce (seriously, does this point need to be justified?) than some of the others we might consider dropping.

He does look like he needs a proper rest to recover from this groin problem though, which is fine, but if he's reasonably fit then he has to play, it's as simple as that.
LFC2007

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 am

LFC2007 wrote:No. He's our best player and even when he's playing sh!t, he's far, far, far more likely to produce (seriously, does this point need to be justified?) than some of the others we might consider dropping.

He does look like he needs a proper rest to recover from this groin problem though, which is fine, but if he's reasonably fit then he has to play, it's as simple as that.

no no cash in.

He has been sh!t this season and is expendible.

Lets sell him for 30 million and buy Parker and maybe even Silva and we will have a better squad  :cool:

F'ck off.
Ben Patrick

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:No. He's our best player and even when he's playing sh!t, he's far, far, far more likely to produce (seriously, does this point need to be justified?) than some of the others we might consider dropping.

no no cash in.

He has been sh!t this season and is expendible.

Lets sell him for 30 million and buy Parker and maybe even Silva and we will have a better squad  :cool:

F'ck off.

I think they meant drop Gerrard to the bench, but not sell him.  Thats how I read it anyways
SupitsJonF

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:29 am

if he is not fit, dont play him till he is 100% as it might aggravate the injury.
he isnt getting any younger and should be more careful with his physical condition.
besides, its not as if there is anything to fight for this season so if he needs a surgery, go on.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 am

Honestly, how long is this debate going to go on for. It's time excuses like not being fit just stop. I mean, he's been playing sh*t from the start of the season. So, it's taken him over half the season to get fit and he's stll not fit? Come on. He's an amazing player, but something is going on in his head, and if it's to the detriment to the team, he should be benched. Simple as that. If he needs an op, then why play him? I don't buy into this notion that a half fit Gerrard is better than a fully fit N'Gog or whoever. That's bollox. You need to be fully mobile on that pitch to perform no matter what kind of player you are. If you aren't, then you aren't running, you aren't creating the space, and you are only slowing down attacks and not tracking back to put in tackles and such. Gerrard is as much of a dynamic physical player as he is a thinker with a footballing brain. Players like Alonso, Bergkamp, Zidane were like chess players who didn't have to be that mobile and could dictate and pull the strings because they were intelligent players and it suited them. Gerrard is more of a all action, block buster type player that needs to be able to rove around the pitch without something niggling at him. Either he needs an op, but if he doesn't, then its his attitude, in which case Rafa needs to grow a pair and bench him, or shift him into the middle, because Lucas and Mash is overkill there. Have him feed Aquilani, and in turn Aquilani might feed the strikers.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:53 am

Emerald Red wrote:Honestly, how long is this debate going to go on for. It's time excuses like not being fit just stop. I mean, he's been playing sh*t from the start of the season. So, it's taken him over half the season to get fit and he's stll not fit? Come on. He's an amazing player, but something is going on in his head, and if it's to the detriment to the team, he should be benched. Simple as that. If he needs an op, then why play him? I don't buy into this notion that a half fit Gerrard is better than a fully fit N'Gog or whoever. That's bollox. You need to be fully mobile on that pitch to perform no matter what kind of player you are. If you aren't, then you aren't running, you aren't creating the space, and you are only slowing down attacks and not tracking back to put in tackles and such. Gerrard is as much of a dynamic physical player as he is a thinker with a footballing brain. Players like Alonso, Bergkamp, Zidane were like chess players who didn't have to be that mobile and could dictate and pull the strings because they were intelligent players and it suited them. Gerrard is more of a all action, block buster type player that needs to be able to rove around the pitch without something niggling at him. Either he needs an op, but if he doesn't, then its his attitude, in which case Rafa needs to grow a pair and bench him, or shift him into the middle, because Lucas and Mash is overkill there. Have him feed Aquilani, and in turn Aquilani might feed the strikers.

:nod  what he said.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:03 am

LFC2007 wrote:He does look like he needs a proper rest to recover from this groin problem though, which is fine, but if he's reasonably fit then he has to play, it's as simple as that.

Grey clouds are gathering with the world cup coming, I fear Gerrard and Torres will carry their injuries into the new season. Between now and the end of the season there is no rest period otherwise its the Fanta Cup for us next year.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 am

It's time excuses like not being fit just stop

ER I don't want to take the talk off tangent, but couldn't the same thing be said for you and every other Rafa faithful to stop making excuses for the gaffer?

Back on topic, I believe Gerrard has both eyes on the WC. The teams season is over and there is nothing to play for. He is probably throwing caution to the wind with his injuries and performances for LFC. After being Roy of the Rovers for the best part of a decade and at last having someone like Torres playing alongside him. It wouldn't surprise me if the club don't meet his aspirations and he is totally fecked off with it all now.

I've never put England ahead of Liverpool, but after this season I sincerely hope he and the England team win or go there or there-abouts to winning the thing. He deserves IMO, another major trophy and medal before he retires. He has more chance of that in a tournement that comes around every four years than year in year out with this current Liverpool side, manager and owners.

Gerrard lad, live upto your Stevie 'Me' tag, go out and look out for yourself, go and win the WC! Before you get to old to win anything.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 am

Gerrard has consistently been the life blood of our team over the years and I for one feel desperately sorry for him, he must look at the team we have and the performances this year and wonder where we are going. Everyone gets to a point where they feel the ambitions of others do not match their own and once you get those type of doubts creeping in its very hard to overcome them.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 am

It's not a case of dropping Gerrard but a case of not playing him until he's ready, he has been rushed back on too many occassions to then get injured again, this unsettles the team to have someone in and out all the time, it's not like we were struggling without him and we were playing Wolves so why rush him back, I wonder what goers on in Rafa's head sometimes ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:59 am

I was bevvied last night when i seen the thread and assumed it was another should we sell Gerrard one.
Apologies...i agree that he shouldnt be in the side at this moment in time - i wouldnt use the term drop though. More allow to recover as he is definately carrying an injury for me.

People can call it form all they like, the lad was player of the season last season and you dont plummet that much over one summer, no he is not fit but his trying his best.
But its to the detriment of the team.
Leave him out, allow him to get back fit or even have whatever operation he needs, but lets get him out of the side so we can stop the gobsh!tes saying he should be sold or he doesnt care blah blah blah.
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion