Mascherano and alonso wanted by spanish giants - If it came down to losing one...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Mascherano and alonso wanted by spanish giants - If it came down to losing one...

Mascherano to Barcelona
59%
Alonso to Madrid
41%

Total votes : 78

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:05 pm

bavlondon wrote:Oh yes I forgot it's not official yet. Sorry GYBS. :D

No its wrong to call mashers wife that - show some respect ffs
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:59 pm

checked that infobae.com(clicked on argentinian link) and they (its in spanish..... i think)  quote the agent walter taber and he says masch wants the move. The site goes on to speculate on how masch would team up with messi and say there is an offer of 42 million dollars:angry: :angry: :angry:
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby Madmax » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 pm

both will be gone in a few season. Max i could see them with us is another season. Alonso will leave either this season or next and same goes with macha!!! Can't see them with us on the long haul. Even if we win the premiership or whatever...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flight » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 am

I can tell you from as good a source as it gets (though I'm not claiming any kind of 'special' relationship) that its Mascha that is unhappy and wants the move, its not just his agent spouting off.

Having said that, there are mitigating factors :

i) his wife hasn't been granted a permanent visa, which means all sorts of messing about when entering the country and reporting in regularly to immigration;

ii) he is far from amongst the top earners at the club. On top of that, with our new tax rates, the fall of the pound and the way Spanish clubs can treat the tax from their players, under specific legislation, a player nearly doubles their wages when they presently move from here to Spain even without getting a pay rise.
Flight

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Mascherano won't be going anywhere. Barcelona don't have the money, especially as they're about to sign Ibrahimovic.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:56 pm

I dont see why he would prefer Barcelona to us to be honest  ???  Hes just gonna be sitting on the bench there and although they are winning trophies we are heading in that direction.

But yeh i dont think Barcelona could afford him now anyways  :laugh:
Fauxy

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:13 pm

He simply wants his cut of the transfer fee plus a fat salary.

He's not the brightest light on the christmas tree and he's being played by his agent. Usual story I'm afraid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:45 am

Lets wait till anything is confirmed before slagging of the player or assuming his intentions now shall we? ???
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:38 am

In case of Zlatan, Barca payed like they had to save their club from getting sold in an auction. :D

Hence I can't see them meeting Masch's asking price now.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby sajven » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:47 pm

If there was any reliable media sources saying that this ma be a possibility i would be worried but since they all are fake-ITKs im not. Chill people!
sajven

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion