Losing your best three players...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 pm

RedAnt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:It's an entirely irrelevant question. I don't see any purpose to it. If I'm missing the point of it, please explain.

And whilst you're at it, where in the league do you think we'd finish if Lucas, Agger and Mingolet were lost in the jungle?

Well of course you are missing the point, the point of this thread is squad strength (Ifs and Buts), take out Enrique, Suarez, Gerrard and Coutinho from our team, imagine they played for different clubs, is our squad good enough for a top 10 finish?

We are talking about our BEST players, not Lucas or Skrtel or Johnson etc...
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:It's an entirely irrelevant question. I don't see any purpose to it. If I'm missing the point of it, please explain.

And whilst you're at it, where in the league do you think we'd finish if Lucas, Agger and Mingolet were lost in the jungle?

Well of course you are missing the point, the point of this thread is squad strength (Ifs and Buts), take out Enrique, Suarez, Gerrard and Coutinho from our team, imagine they played for different clubs, is our squad good enough for a top 10 finish?

We are talking about our BEST players, not Lucas or Skrtel or Johnson etc...

Squad depth is discussed elsewhere, and if it was about depth, it would be about the squad, not out star players. Suarez is already absent and Sturridge has stepped in. As things stand, none of the three initially mentioned are any more essential than Agger, Mignolet (who's our backup?) or Lucas (again, where's the back up?). Ifs, bits and maybe's are irrelevant.

However, if the stars align in such a way that the three moons of Whereever collide and our three star players fall prey to some bizarre, but hilarious scenario, all at the same time, I think we'll finish somewhere between 1st and 20th. Hopefully 4th or higher.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Ha! Well said....pointless thread, pure nonsense.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:34 am

I'll say it again. Take out Gerrard, Torres and Alonso out of the 2008/2009 team and you'll have the same result. We lacked in depth then, when we almost won the league and we lack in depth now. As a matter of fact, I really don't remember the last time we actually had a strong squad. We had Babels, N'Gogs and El f*cking Zhars on our bench at the time yet we still managed to finish in the top 4.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 am

I agree with this.

However the problem we now have is Man City and Spurs are far stronger than then.
City are nailed on to be top 4 and Spurs with the signings they have made will be a very good side.

We could still do it though, I think we have made decent signings and there is a togetherness within the squad that seems far better than in previous seasons.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 am

Take out our three best players and we would be currently sitting 13th with three draws because I would include Sturridge in the best three
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 am wrote:Take out our three best players and we would be currently sitting 13th with three draws because I would include Sturridge in the best three

This is why it's a daft topic. Take Mignolets saves. What position would we be if he hadn't saved any? Then take a guess at how many shots will be taken against us this year, and how many will be saved? Add all that to Sturridges goals, Aggers headers, and Lucas' tackles and where will we finish?

I can't be bozzed. I'm going to wait and see how it turns out :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm

RedAnt » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 am wrote:Take out our three best players and we would be currently sitting 13th with three draws because I would include Sturridge in the best three

This is why it's a daft topic. Take Mignolets saves. What position would we be if he hadn't saved any? Then take a guess at how many shots will be taken against us this year, and how many will be saved? Add all that to Sturridges goals, Aggers headers, and Lucas' tackles and where will we finish?

I can't be bozzed. I'm going to wait and see how it turns out :)

I think the point of the thread was to highlight the lack of squad depth we have compared the other teams around us. It's a valid point - we can lose just the one player currently and could struggle.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:46 pm

And losing Suarez for 16 games has cost us how? Or perhaps you don't regard him as a top player.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:53 pm

devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:46 pm wrote:And losing Suarez for 16 games has cost us how? Or perhaps you don't regard him as a top player.

Depth in a squad is more than covering for losing just the one player - what if we lost Sturridge ? Or Coutinho.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:46 pm wrote:And losing Suarez for 16 games has cost us how? Or perhaps you don't regard him as a top player.

Depth in a squad is more than covering for losing just the one player - what if we lost Sturridge ? Or Coutinho.

I really cannot be bothered with you. Ffs read your own post and specifically the reference to losing one player.I'm not interested in going around in circles with you. It is a complete waste of time. Even the mods castigated you recently and you just cannot stop yourself from relentlessly wringing about the club you are supposed to support.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm

I know what I wrote - currently if we lose one man we will struggle. The team currently doesn't include Suarez. So lose Sturridge or Coutinho then we will struggle which was my point. Not rocket science really and I'm not sure why you are bringing in the mods or anything or bringing in my support ?!

Your campaign to get me removed from here has been going on for months now - time to stop. If you don't like what i post then finally have the self constraint to ignore me - I can manage it with certain posters because I have no wish to talk to them so if you have no wish to talk to me ( without insulting me or having a dig at me ) then please finally put actions to your words and ignore me.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm wrote:I know what I wrote - currently if we lose one man we will struggle. The team currently doesn't include Suarez. So lose Sturridge or Coutinho then we will struggle which was my point. Not rocket science really and I'm not sure why you are bringing in the mods or anything or bringing in my support ?!

Your campaign to get me removed from here has been going on for months now - time to stop. If you don't like what i post then finally have the self constraint to ignore me - I can manage it with certain posters because I have no wish to talk to them so if you have no wish to talk to me ( without insulting me or having a dig at me ) then please finally put actions to your words and ignore me.

:laugh: Campaign to get you removed !! Get a life lad. You seriously believe that I have got nothing better to do. There is a campaign to get rid of you and you would be very surprised if you knew who started it. I would like to claim credit for that one but it certainly wasn't me or even a regular poster.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 pm

devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:38 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm wrote:I know what I wrote - currently if we lose one man we will struggle. The team currently doesn't include Suarez. So lose Sturridge or Coutinho then we will struggle which was my point. Not rocket science really and I'm not sure why you are bringing in the mods or anything or bringing in my support ?!

:laugh: Campaign to get you removed !! Get a life lad. You seriously believe that I have got nothing better to do. There is a campaign to get rid of you and you would be very surprised if you knew who started it. I would like to claim credit for that one but it certainly wasn't me or even a regular poster.

devaney » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:39 pm wrote:All I tried to do was get him to fk off somewhere else.

As I said if you don't like what I post then show the mature self constraint to ignore ( as you have spent all summer saying you will ignore me )
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:44 pm

What if we lost four, or five or six of our best players? Or half the squad?
What if we found them again?
What if?
What?
:kungfu:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion