The effects of losing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Thu May 24, 2007 1:45 pm

Feel like a bear with a sore head - it's a low feeling after all havn't lost manty finals for a while ay - but to hear the clear out has begun is perking me up - I have belief that last night we came of age - the Eureopan powerhouses will have taken note of our performance and strengths - they and we know  two  or three class sigings will make us a real force -proud, a bit down but that's how it feels, perhaps we had  needed this to spur us on perhaps not either way many perhaps did not give this comp the importance it deserves -well I wanna win this and the league always - league and fa cups are so little in comparison !

The real rafalution begins 24 May 2007 - take note everyone !
Last edited by zarababe on Thu May 24, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu May 24, 2007 1:53 pm

well after the game yesterday i was pretty much silent, i watched our boys pick up their medals but couldnt watch the others lift our trophy.

Had a similar experience as johnnymac, had 1 more drink then guys in the pub started singing YNWA as it came on ...sang it as loud as possible great sight it was......felt better got food went home.
now today i look forward to promising times with rafa, dont feel as bad. but still gutted. watching comedies and all that..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:59 pm

absolutely gutted. very proud of all liverpool players. its gonna take a while to recover from this
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu May 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Call me crazy but today i feel so f'ckin proud, why shouldnt i? my team are fantastic and WILL get even better.

Last night i sang my lungs out and have no idea why i haven't got a hangover :D but i just feel so proud UP THE REDMEN
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2007 2:35 pm

I got up at 06:15hs, went for a run and knocked 1 minute 40 seconds off my previous best.

I'm pumping, no sulking or feeling sorry for myself here. We weren't going to win that game because we didnt have any quality attackers on the pitch and we couldnt score from midfield. It highlighted the need for the new owners to buy in 3 class goalscorers.

Yes its mighty disappointing but it sent the CLEAREST POSSIBLE message to the new owners where the weakness lies and what has to be done.

Then we go back and win it again next year.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu May 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Was a weird feeling for me , for some strange reason i actually felt worse at half time 2005 than i did at full time yesterday ?. I cant explain why its not like losing didnt hurt because it did, i think it was because even though we lost in my mind it didnt feel like he we had ( and no i wasnt drunk ).

I just felt proud at the end, not proud that we lost just proud in general. We made a side that had ripped Man U to pieces look average at best. I turned the Tv off at the final whistle so i didnt have to see the faces of the players who had given their all, that would of made me feel worse. I have also refused to buy any papers today because i dont want to hear how the best team lost, i already know.

So over all i dont feel as bad as i thought i would
destro

Postby garcia123 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:34 pm

slept bad woke the morning stinking hangover im gutted but hopeful for next season just pray we get a striker to score fromthe chances we make
garcia123

Postby lou93 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Everything happens for a reason. Thats what i belive. Im sure evryone associated with LFC will be gutted but are wanting to learn from this and become even more stronger and even better. Sure losing now hurts but next year it won't matter has out boys will be harder and stronger and i do belive something special will happen.
lou93

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Reg wrote:I got up at 06:15hs, went for a run and knocked 1 minute 40 seconds off my previous best.

I'm pumping, no sulking or feeling sorry for myself here. We weren't going to win that game because we didnt have any quality attackers on the pitch and we couldnt score from midfield. It highlighted the need for the new owners to buy in 3 class goalscorers.

Yes its mighty disappointing but it sent the CLEAREST POSSIBLE message to the new owners where the weakness lies and what has to be done.

Then we go back and win it again next year.

Just like the quality we lacked in Istanbul!

Of course, we could never have won it then either! :O

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Differnt times, different circumstances. Spirit won the first game, last night the strategy was wrong but the defence and midfield were great but we were toothless up front hence we lost the game.

Would you disagree with that?

or are you doubting I ran faster than a butcher's dog this morning? :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby t-h-o-m » Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 pm

I'm sad because I think especially in the first half we were the better team...but im very proud of the team...2 cl finals in 3 years is so great...
t-h-o-m

Postby parchpea » Thu May 24, 2007 4:07 pm

I am personally not too dissapointed with the defeat because we have done so well in previous finals. At the end of the day you cannot win them all.

I have been critical of Benitez in the past, usually our poor league form, but any man that can take a team with Zenden on one side to a European cup final must be a genius!

Our players took the defeat like men with no tears or drama at the finish. Gracious in dissapointment and heads held high.

The game ws pretty average but played in the right spirit by two great clubs.

We now look foraward to a new, and hopefully better team being created for a fresh campaign.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:15 pm

Reg wrote:Differnt times, different circumstances. Spirit won the first game, last night the strategy was wrong but the defence and midfield were great but we were toothless up front hence we lost the game.

Would you disagree with that?

or are you doubting I ran faster than a butcher's dog this morning? :laugh:

You said: 'We weren't going to win that game'

So you knew we weren't going to win the game, you are psychic right?

You were absolutely certain that before this game we difinitely 'weren't going' to beat AC Milan because of our deficit in quality up front.

Just like the deficit in quality in Istanbul?

Were you certain before that game that we 'weren't going win'?

Please explain.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2007 4:33 pm

What the BH are you talking about?

You read science fiction comics or something?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:26 pm

No Beano actually, you said we 'weren't going' to beat AC Milan because of our deficit in quality up top, a deficit that was greater in 2005 when we beat AC Milan.

Please explain what the BH you are on about, I'm dying to know. :D
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion