Mascherano and alonso wanted by spanish giants - If it came down to losing one...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Mascherano and alonso wanted by spanish giants - If it came down to losing one...

Mascherano to Barcelona
59%
Alonso to Madrid
41%

Total votes : 78

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:When you think about it though surly Rafa is not that stupid , he will almost certain have someone lined up in the pipeline , prepared for this, i just hope its allsorted sooner though rather that later , so we can put these options into place, an not at the last minute

Yeah ..... remember when the Alves deal fell through and we had to panic buy Pennant, paying about £3million over the odds?

The problem is Nanny that by the time these deals are sorted (if they go) everyone else will have finalised their transfer dealings leaving us with the option of paying over the odds for cr@p or gambling on some South American making the step up.

We need to hang onto one of them Nanny.

Well if anyone wants me to put meself up as sacrifice like in trying to persude Xabi to stay  Rafas only got to give me the nod, i mean it might get a bit messy like but id rather it be me trying to persuade him to stay. id only doing it for the good of the club like, id get no enjoyment out of it what so ever, :shifty

As Bellamy said when he first saw Xabi's bird, "I think you are punching above your weight there mate"  :D

:laugh: An with a kick in the head Saint just woke me up from me dream. An Xabis nightmare :laugh:

You are just unlucky that Xabi is married to a girl ALMOST as beautiful as you.  :lookaround

:laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:43 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:When you think about it though surly Rafa is not that stupid , he will almost certain have someone lined up in the pipeline , prepared for this, i just hope its allsorted sooner though rather that later , so we can put these options into place, an not at the last minute

Yeah ..... remember when the Alves deal fell through and we had to panic buy Pennant, paying about £3million over the odds?

The problem is Nanny that by the time these deals are sorted (if they go) everyone else will have finalised their transfer dealings leaving us with the option of paying over the odds for cr@p or gambling on some South American making the step up.

We need to hang onto one of them Nanny.

Well if anyone wants me to put meself up as sacrifice like in trying to persude Xabi to stay  Rafas only got to give me the nod, i mean it might get a bit messy like but id rather it be me trying to persuade him to stay. id only doing it for the good of the club like, id get no enjoyment out of it what so ever, :shifty

As Bellamy said when he first saw Xabi's bird, "I think you are punching above your weight there mate"  :D

:laugh: An with a kick in the head Saint just woke me up from me dream. An Xabis nightmare :laugh:

You are just unlucky that Xabi is married to a girl ALMOST as beautiful as you.  :lookaround

beautiful and pretty are two very different words Saint...
you might wanna reconsider your subtle use of the word there....  :eyebrow

then again, maybe it wouldnt make much of a difference  :p
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:52 am

Erm excuse me like im fecking here yous lot you know, ,How many times do i have to tell yous its his passing of balls, his movement, an the way he just stokes it about is all im interseted in , Not how good looking he his, that does help though :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:22 pm

:D

As for what saint has said , i'd take essein in a heartbeat as well but there's no way he will leave , fabregas is overrated though. We have been linked with hamsik , moutinho perhaps as possible replacements for xabi , i think if we get both of them here for 30 million and manage to sell xabi for 35 it will still be a good deal , i'd however hope xabi stays though and masch as well.
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Toffeehater wrote: :D

As for what saint has said , i'd take essein in a heartbeat as well but there's no way he will leave , fabregas is overrated though. We have been linked with hamsik , moutinho perhaps as possible replacements for xabi , i think if we get both of them here for 30 million and manage to sell xabi for 35 it will still be a good deal , i'd however hope xabi stays though and masch as well.

Hamsick is wicked on football manager 2009.

Lets get him  :D
Fauxy

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Nice one Pepe lad. SKYSPORTS

Reina expects stars to stay

Keeper also aims swipe at duo

Reina: Confident over pair

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina is confident the club will keep hold of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

Reina's Spanish team-mate Xabi Alonso has been strongly linked with Real Madrid, while Barcelona are thought to be courting Mascherano.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has rejected speculation linking the pair with moves out of Anfield and Reina believes his manager has no plans to sell the pair as he builds a side capable of challenging for the Premier League title.

"I believe that he [Benitez] has his mind very clear and his idea in these moments is to not sell," Reina told EFE.

"He wants to continue with a team he has known for a long time, with an already fundamented base and where we know almost everything.

"Whoever wants to touch this team or this structure [Liverpool] will have to pay a lot of money."

Blast.

Meanwhile, Reina has hit out at Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez for snubbing moves to Liverpool this summer.

Long-term transfer target Barry left Aston Villa to join City earlier this summer and Tevez looks set to join him at Eastlands after ruling out a switch to Liverpool.

Reina believes the pair have made a mistake in shunning Liverpool feeling they money is the motivating factor in their decisions to spurn a switch to Anfield

"Apparently, they moved for the money. That is their decision but I also think it is their problem if they cannot see that Liverpool is a bigger club," Reina is quoted as saying in the News of the World.

"It's up to them what they do but let me tell them that I am very proud to play for Liverpool. We can offer European football and I think that should have been a consideration for them.

"Everybody knows what it is to play for Liverpool. It's a pleasure and a tremendous honour. I am surprised they didn't consider these things.

"Some things in a player's career should be more important than money."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Toffeehater wrote::D

I knew that would come out at some point.  :laugh: If we are going by FM then may as well try for Milevsky too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:33 am

bavlondon wrote:
Fauxy wrote:
Toffeehater wrote::D

I knew that would come out at some point.  :laugh: If we are going by FM then may as well try for Milevsky too.

Good shout that.  :D  :p
heimdall

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Javier Mascherano to be told: You’re staying at Liverpool FC

Jul 14 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ will tell Javier Mascherano he will not be allowed to leave Liverpool when the Argentinian midfielder returns to pre-season training later this week.

The future of Mascherano – who became a father for the second time at the weekend – has been in question throughout the summer after the 25-year-old told the Reds boss that his wife was suffering from homesickness.

But with the likelihood of Xabi Alonso quitting Anfield increasing with every passing day, Benitez would be loathe to lose Mascherano as well and see his entire first choice central midfield wiped out in the space of a few weeks.

Mascherano has been attracting interest from Barcelona with Nou Camp boss Pep Guardiola keen to employ him behind Andres Iniesta and Xavi in the European champions’ engine room.

Benitez is desperate to hang on to the Argentina captain though and has already made it clear he is not looking to cash in on a player he regards as one of the finest defensive midfielders in world football.

With Mascherano due to join up with his team mates at pre-season training in Switzerland in the coming days Benitez will take the opportunity to tell the former West Ham man that he won’t be going anywhere because he is needed for Liverpool’s assault on the Premier League title in the coming season.

Contrary to reports, there are as yet no plans to offer the player a new contract as a sweetener with Mascherano just 18 months into a four year deal signed in February 2008.

Benitez is hoping that the lure of possible glory with Liverpool rather than an increased pay packet will be enough to convince Mascherano that his future remains at Anfield.

Only if Mascherano commits himself to the Liverpool cause once again will a new contract become a possibility.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are set to strengthen their links with Hungarian club MTK Budapest by taking five of their most promising youngsters on trial.

The Reds relationship with MTK has already seen them sign reserve team regulars Krisztian Nemeth, Peter Gulacsi, Zsolt Poloskei and Andras Simon since 2008.

With Nemeth and Gulacsi now involved in the first team set up during pre-season, Benitez will look once again tap into the MTK production line by running the rule over the quintet.

Goalkeeper Attila Abu, midfielders Krisztian Adorjan and Patrik Vass, striker Peter Horvath and defender Patrik Poor have all been invited to Liverpool’s academy after impressing academy director Frank McParland on a recent scouting mission.

----------

Is right. :cool:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Lordie lordie its all fire fighting isnt it, you wouldnt think we were a heartbeat away from winning the league 2 months ago would you?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm

To me Rafa's handling of Masher and Alonso over the last year or so clearly show which one he rates as more important to the team/squad.
Not for sale at any price he has said about Mascherano, but with Xabi it appears as if its more about getting as much as possible.

Maybe he thinks that the spaniard is easier to replace.

Or is it because of the supposed rift from last season ?

Either way he appears to favour the argentine staying without doubt.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Errr no....... he realises Xabi is out and is determined not to lose Masher as well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:43 pm

And rightly so. He is protecting the interests of LFC.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

from what i understand is that  Mascherano  had gone cold on the idea of moving anyway.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Reg wrote:Errr no....... he realises Xabi is out and is determined not to lose Masher as well.

How is that when Xabi signed a new contract last summer  ???

Rafa could tell Real to feck off if he chose to, he hasnt.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion