Losing your best three players...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:34 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 pm wrote:What if we lost four, or five or six of our best players? Or half the squad?
What if we found them again?
What if?
What?
:kungfu:

:laugh:
What if ,during a freak log rolling exercise eight of our first eleven snap their ankles and our forced to do light duties by working in the Club shop ?
So owing to this new log exercise that Rodgers has introduced ,should we have retained Spearing ?  As Ewoks are supposedly good with logs.  :blush: 
What if whilst working in the club shop Stewart Downing drops in to buy the new away kit ,and falls over everyone's crutches and into the counter  ?
Now we have to pay West Ham for the injury sustained , So instead we loan them one of our only fit three players left in the first eleven.

That player is Raheem Sterling  :help ,so we send him to West Ham where  after watching all of his Teen Wolf dvds decides to impregnate the Hammers
tea lady ,and Allardyces daughter ,what if the baby has fat Sams genes ,and the Girl needs a caesarian so wide it could hide Neville Southall ?

Whose going to make the tea ? Our goalkeeper that's who ,now we're down to just one outfield player from the first eleven and it just happens to be
Suarez ..................We're fucked people.

Its not worth thinking about...
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 pm wrote:Its not worth thinking about...

I know mate ,but we're obviously allowing ourselves to be sucked in with all this being top of the table and three successive clean sheet business.
Its probably better if we just accept the gloom enveloping Anfield right now. .... Maybe think of a few threads to compose ,we're we can contemplate
and plan for our eventual slide down the table.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:51 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:21 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 pm wrote:Its not worth thinking about...

I know mate ,but we're obviously allowing ourselves to be sucked in with all this being top of the table and three successive clean sheet business.
Its probably better if we just accept the gloom enveloping Anfield right now. .... Maybe think of a few threads to compose ,we're we can contemplate
and plan for our eventual slide down the table.

I pity some of these fkrs. If they won the lottery they wouldn't be happy. Not sure how much more of this shit I can take. Most quality posters have gone and it is little wonder.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am

Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge.. in that order, are our best players today imo. If we were talking about our most important players I'd have Lucas ahead of Sturridge.

Regardless, the point being argued here has more to do with the lack of depth in the midfield and wide positions rather than our chances of continuing our good start to the season. Thats about the only point in this thead argued by either side that I agree with. We're 2 players short of having a squad that can consistently get results to elevate us to a CL spot. Atm, we're doing well defensively and I'd hope that Suarez's return will only make us stronger upfront. If Aspas can get a rhythm going and contribute a bit more and one/both of Sterling and Ibe can elevate their game when given the chance then I think we could potentially overachieve and get that 4th spot come end of the season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 pm

aCe' » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am wrote:Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge.. in that order, are our best players today imo. If we were talking about our most important players I'd have Lucas ahead of Sturridge.

Regardless, the point being argued here has more to do with the lack of depth in the midfield and wide positions rather than our chances of continuing our good start to the season. Thats about the only point in this thead argued by either side that I agree with. We're 2 players short of having a squad that can consistently get results to elevate us to a CL spot. Atm, we're doing well defensively and I'd hope that Suarez's return will only make us stronger upfront. If Aspas can get a rhythm going and contribute a bit more and one/both of Sterling and Ibe can elevate their game when given the chance then I think we could potentially overachieve and get that 4th spot come end of the season.

Would you not include Coutinho in the top 3 then mate ? He seems to be the creative link we currently have ? He seems to be the main point when it comes to creating chances ? I think if we lose him the team would suffer a lot more than if we lost Gerrard.
Benny The Noon

Postby Santa » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm gonna start a thread with the title "Sucks -- Our best 7 players contracted Hemorrhoids and can't run for sh1t, are we gonna get relegated soon?"

Fuk that...let's revive the ARE WE GONNA BEAT BLACKPOOL thread?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm wrote:
aCe' » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am wrote:Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge.. in that order, are our best players today imo. If we were talking about our most important players I'd have Lucas ahead of Sturridge.

Would you not include Coutinho in the top 3 then mate ? He seems to be the creative link we currently have ? He seems to be the main point when it comes to creating chances ? I think if we lose him the team would suffer a lot more than if we lost Gerrard.

I wouldnt have him ahead of the top 3 I mentioned in either category. He's a good player and he'll only get better but so far this season, he hasnt been at his best. In terms of ability, Gerrard and Suarez get the top 2 spots without a question. The 3rd spot is between:

Sturridge: who would have thought he'd elevate his game this much with us! Scores, leads the line well, and his general linkup play has been good. Without him, we WOULD have struggled to score the goals that gave us the 3 wins so far this season.

Coutinho: He creates chances. That seems to be the first argument put forth by everyone with regards to Coutinho. I agree. He's excellent at creating chances in the final third. That elusive last ball that many sides struggle with, he picks more often than not. However, a huge part of his game and one of the most impressive aspects to his game was the fact that he didnt lose possession much going for that last ball or creating the space needed to pick that pass. This season, he has largely been disappointing imo in both regards. For me, it's the absence of Suarez and that increased responsibility and scrutiny by defenses that has led to this dip in form so I expect him to get back to producing top stuff in the next few weeks.

Agger: I've never been his biggest fan and I still think he's largely overrated by our own but he's the best CB at the club. The system we play fits his style like a glove. He gets way more touches than he previously would have under different managers and I think that has added to his confidence. If he can form a good partnership with any of the CBs we have now (Sakho, Skrtel or Toure; who are all on a similar level to each other and perhaps a small step behind Agger) then he could very well take his game to a new level with us.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Can't disagree with any of that mate. Especially about Coutinho and his form this season.
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 pm

devaney » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:51 am wrote:
I pity some of these fkrs. If they won the lottery they wouldn't be happy. Not sure how much more of this shit I can take. Most quality posters have gone and it is little wonder.

What gets me is some posters are actually waiting for our fall in order to broadcast the "I TOLD YOU SO'S" on a forum ....Yes you heard right ,a forum.
I on the other hand will be devastated and the dog who this season has remained relatively untroubled by stray boots will now be afforded 10 minutes
to find a suitable refuge .....Only joking about the dogs ,but I will be completely crest fallen if these nefarious Sprites who cohabit this very forum
get to wave a finger at all who celebrated unashamedly our bright start.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:51 am wrote:

What gets me is some posters are actually waiting for our fall in order to broadcast the "I TOLD YOU SO'S" on a forum ....Yes you heard right ,a forum.
I on the other hand will be devastated and the dog who this season has remained relatively untroubled by stray boots will now be afforded 10 minutes
to find a suitable refuge .....Only joking about the dogs ,but I will be completely crest fallen if these nefarious Sprites who cohabit this very forum
get to wave a finger at all who celebrated unashamedly our bright start.

Which is why I asked "whats the point in constant negativity" on another thread? Its obviously to be able to gloat at our demise and glory in the knowledge that "you heard it here first"
Ive got no problem with realists, but theres no mystery to why some posters write what they write on here
Thommo's perm

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm wrote:The squad is a hell of a lot stronger than it was at the start of the transfer window . So I'm a lot happier than I was a few weeks ago . The good thing about this year is all the top sides bar us and spurs are in a sort of transition period so we have a good chance to take advantage of the situation . Take the top three players out of all the sides and they would be weaker , ow weaker who can say . It's a silly question anyway stu, 16th ffs lad.

Bump
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:03 pm

"EEEEEEEEEEGGGGOOOOOOOOOOR "

Welcome back fella
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Well hello .