The effects of losing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kakakaka » Thu May 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Fat spanish waiter Rafa
[img]http://grandoldteam.com/images/priceless.jpg]http://grandoldteam.com/images/priceless.jpg[/img]
Kakakaka

Postby Marcus » Thu May 24, 2007 7:14 pm

^ LOL

Don't feel sad... if liverpool get a decent striker, they're going to be one of the main favourites for next season. The rest of the team is top class, in my opinion.
conquistate voi una stella in più
a brillar per noi...
Marcus

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 pm

LFC2007 wrote:No Beano actually, you said we 'weren't going' to beat AC Milan because of our deficit in quality up top, a deficit that was greater in 2005 when we beat AC Milan.

If I could find a way on this forum, I'd draw you pictures so not to overtax your grey-matter.

Playing a 5 man midfield contained Milan but blunted our ability to strike hard and quick. Nice lad Stevie is, but he's not a striker for the CL final. When Rafa didnt change the tactics until the 80th minute when he brought on Crouch, it became clear we weren't going to win the game. He left it too late, Kuyt wasnt making headway and Crouch - again a nice lad I'm sure, is not sufficiently world class to have turned the game around by himself.

The dye was cast, the scene was set, and the Titanic sailed on towards 90 minutes with one striker and a toothless threat within the box. Alonso, SG and Riise all shot from 30 yards out, probably our best chances to score.

Y'know, we all saw the game, most of us realised after max 60 mins that it wasnt working and that we needed to revert to 4-4-2 except you and Rafa.

You I can forgive because clearly you still dont get it but at least I've now explained it to you, Rafa however dropped a proverbial bow-lock.

As for the dick who's just posted the Mastercard advertisement - great post, just proves Everton dont have the monopoly on fcuking idiots.  :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:01 pm

Here's where you're missing it Reg:

You said:

"We weren't going to win that game because we didnt have any quality attackers on the pitch and we couldnt score from midfield"

To which I replied:

"Just like the quality we lacked in Istanbul"

Now here is my point AGAIN.

The quality of our attackers, (as you put) were not good enough to win the game.

In Istanbul the quality of our attackers were worse than they are now.

Therefore it makes adequate sense that to say we weren't going to win the game purely because we didn't have quality attackers doesn't stand up.

Your first point does not stand up because our attackers are better now than they were then in Istanbul.

Here is my point in a nutshelll for you:

In terms of the 'quality of our attackers' they are better now than they were in Istanbul, therefore to say we weren't going to win that game because of this, does not conform to what we saw in Istanbul, that is, worse attackers than we currently have and still winning.

In terms of TACTICS, the problems were there for all to see, that is, we had little support upfront and not enough men making it into the box.

When you say:

"Y'know, we all saw the game, most of us realised after max 60 mins that it wasnt working and that we needed to revert to 4-4-2 except you and Rafa"

When did I say we shouldn't have reverted to a 4-4-2?

Quote me on that Reg, I can't find it.

Here's what I think,

I think we should have brought on Crouch earlier to supplement our attack, sacrificing either Alonso or Mascherano and pushing Gerrard into a more conventional central midfield role. We could still have won that game with the squad we had, it was the tactics in not getting enough support up front that let us down IMO. If we'd had a 'world class' striker, sure it would have been a lot easier, but my point is that we had the potential to win that tie with the players we currently have, Istanbul sets the precedent for this.

Now Reg, do you GET IT?

Or do you want another run through.

:D
LFC2007

Postby The K0P » Thu May 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Sad fact is everyone could see the how inefective Zendon was apart from Rafa ... So  was  mr useless  hoiked off and  long shanks  thrown  on to get at their woeful defence  ?...  no instead on came an equall inefective Kewell to supply non existant crosses to whom ? ... when  rafa finally woke up he takes off the one person who had kept Kaka from doing the thing he does best ...  sods law what happened would happen ... f h why  ... you got to ask yourselves ... does he really know what he is doing ?  ...
The K0P

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:44 pm

The K0P wrote:you got to ask yourselves ... does he really know what he is doing ?  ...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby hello_red » Thu May 24, 2007 11:54 pm

We lost the battle

We will win the war

Be gracious in defeat

Learn from our mistakes

We will be back with a vengenence

This is the catalist for something great, i feel it and im sure everyone else does aswell.

And anyone wanting Rafa out are bell ends! We will do great things under him, he has come and only now has he been given the funds to create a side capable of competing on every front year in and year out.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 25, 2007 12:04 am

The K0P wrote:Sad fact is everyone could see the how inefective Zendon was apart from Rafa ... So  was  mr useless  hoiked off and  long shanks  thrown  on to get at their woeful defence  ?...  no instead on came an equall inefective Kewell to supply non existant crosses to whom ? ... when  rafa finally woke up he takes off the one person who had kept Kaka from doing the thing he does best ...  sods law what happened would happen ... f h why  ... you got to ask yourselves ... does he really know what he is doing ?  ...

You know, I love people like yourself saying the complete b@llocks that you just wrote there. No offense like, mate - but you are talking balls.

I don't even want to get into it. I'm still feeling the effects of last night. But DO NOT come on here and criticise the manager for the incredible job that he's done for us over the past 3 seasons with limited resources. I'm also sick of people making scapegoats of Zenden and especially Kewell. Yes, Zenden wasn't great, hasn't been great. But at times he's been all we've had on that side. Rafa hasn't been spoiled for choices for world class on that side, has he? I know I've been upset with Rafa in the past, but it really isn't all his fault. Would we have made it to two CL final in 3 seasons with any manager post Dalglish? Think about it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 25, 2007 12:05 am

hello_red wrote:We lost the battle

We will win the war

Be gracious in defeat

Learn from our mistakes

We will be back with a vengenence

This is the catalist for something great, i feel it and im sure everyone else does aswell.

And anyone wanting Rafa out are bell ends! We will do great things under him, he has come and only now has he been given the funds to create a side capable of competing on every front year in and year out.

HEAR HEAR! :buttrock  :buttrock
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri May 25, 2007 12:21 am

The effects of losing? In my case just made me realise how great Liverpool really are.
After we lost, after rafa was pointing at his watch because we were short changed during injury time, the attitude of the players in praising milan and realising we just werent good enough on the day and shaking hands with all there players, and rafa who never put any excuses forward but just congratulated milan. Sad that they lost but gracious in defeat none the less.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 12:33 am

Honestly, it's like Muhammad Ali losing one fight.

It doesn't change the greatness of the man/team.

I have every confidence that the team will be improved for next season and we'll win more trophies, don't care which ones, as along as they are pretty and shiny.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri May 25, 2007 12:37 am

Talking of shiny, i prefer the old well worn trophies ya know the kind, the ones that are used season after season, the one in athens looked too shiny, almost fake, i prefer the 2005 one !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Fri May 25, 2007 12:37 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Honestly, it's like Muhammad Ali losing one fight.

It doesn't change the greatness of the man/team.

I have every confidence that the team will be improved for next season and we'll win more trophies, don't care which ones, as along as they are pretty and shiny.

:laugh:

Well said fella, cudnt agree with you more.
Thingy

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 12:39 am

I can't wait for Rome 2009

AC Milan vs Liverpool FC Part III
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Fri May 25, 2007 1:12 am